Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 22, 2014, 05:02:44 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Fiction and Story Hour
| | |-+  Five Adventurers Walk into a Bar
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Five Adventurers Walk into a Bar  (Read 4219 times)
Golden Dragon
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2011, 11:45:34 AM »

And will the Inquisition yell "Die! Commie, Mutant, Traitor Scum!" as they gun them down?

Gregory the Golden Dragon
-I'm a child progeny.
-Most children are.
      Calvin & Hobbes
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2011, 11:51:49 AM »

I think For the Emperor! and Purge the Unclean! rank higher.

Although a 40k/Paranoia mashup has a certain appeal.

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
ArawnNox
Handler

GM in Training

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2011, 12:20:35 PM »

If you guys want, I'll post the Rogue Trader sessions. Being a player it'll be easier for me to keep notes, as well. Smiley

I'm currently going through a pdf copy of the book and trying to decide what to play. I'm familiar with 40k only from the Dawn of War games and my roommates aren't familiar at all, so that's coloring my options.

I'd love to play an Arch-Militant, but it's such a straightforward class that my roommate(s) may want to take it. We'll see. Smiley

Wizard's First Rule: People are stupid.
"A great GM knows how to make sure everyone has fun, and great players know the same." --Patrick Kapera
Arawn's Art: http://arawnnox.deviantart.com
Bill Whitmore
Mastermind
Control

Woot, I got a new hat! :P

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2011, 06:32:15 PM »

Rogue Trader was interesting and I liked it a lot better than Dark Heresy.  The mercenary, freelance angle made it much more interesting than working for the Inquisitors.  Our group associated with people who would have been just killed by the Inquisitors, but the Rogue Trader House's bottom line was more important than offing some two-bit lowlife heretics.

As a side note, when you design your ship, avoid taking the incompetent crew for the extra points.

Don't follow your passion.  Take it with you.

ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!   Ramen.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: