Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 19, 2014, 05:50:46 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Fantasy Craft
| | |-+  Wyrmstone: Unlimited characters
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wyrmstone: Unlimited characters  (Read 2817 times)
Gentry
Powered By Publisher
Control

It's a Trap!

View Profile WWW
« on: September 06, 2007, 05:07:19 PM »

I'd like to direct people's attention to wyrmstone.org, and direct them then to the Player's Guide section, and from there ask them to please scroll down to the heading "Signature and Unlimited Characters".

I'm curious as to people's thoughts on that, as it moves *way* outside the usual Organized Play box.

Thoughts?

I'm a secret VAO Control (Shh!)

Check out Wyrmstone for FC Open Source campaigning

Have you joined Knife Rights yet?

Live and game in Flyover Country? Join Tornado Alley Game Guil
Toccata
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 06:17:27 PM »

I like the idea. If nothing else, it makes filling in a table a heck of a lot easier.

Fnord.
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 12:09:11 AM »

Delicious.

Bill Whitmore
Mastermind
Control

Woot, I got a new hat! :P

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 01:36:09 AM »

Hmm, I see a confusing point.

Unlimited characters do not advance, have continuity, or track Experience. They can be created at any level, with any legal character build combination.

vs

New Characters

New Wyrmstone characters are created according to the rules in the Spycraft 2.0 Rulebook, in addition:

* Each Character can begin at any level as desired by the Player.

It is unclear if the latter block refers to ALL characters or just Unlimited characters.

Don't follow your passion.  Take it with you.

ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!   Ramen.
Gentry
Powered By Publisher
Control

It's a Trap!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 04:56:06 AM »

Thank you Bill.  The language *is* currently a little dense, and needs polish.  It'll get looked at.

I'm a secret VAO Control (Shh!)

Check out Wyrmstone for FC Open Source campaigning

Have you joined Knife Rights yet?

Live and game in Flyover Country? Join Tornado Alley Game Guil
Forcegypsy
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2007, 10:45:12 AM »

I approve entirely. Wyrmstone looks to be making great decisions early on. Looking forward to seeing more.

Cha togar m' fhearg gun džoladh.
Bill Whitmore
Mastermind
Control

Woot, I got a new hat! :P

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2007, 11:47:39 AM »

Thank you Bill.  The language *is* currently a little dense, and needs polish.  It'll get looked at.

When I get a chance, I'll read through the rest of it and post anything else I think could use clarification.

Don't follow your passion.  Take it with you.

ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!   Ramen.
Gentry