Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 21, 2014, 04:40:08 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Off-Topic
| | |-+  The Idiot Box: TV Season 2011/2012
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 59 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Idiot Box: TV Season 2011/2012  (Read 50183 times)
Wolverine
Control

I want to smoke a fairy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2011, 07:14:18 PM »

Actually, four. Maybe three and a half, given how much weight DG's lost.

Based on that video, if it's not a 4 it's a very high 3.

Also, Colin Firth wants to be on Doctor Who... as a baddie

"Dickhead books?"
 -Patrick Kapera wrestling with the New Zealand accent
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2011, 11:23:54 PM »

Live studio bases Red Dwarf series confirmed for 2012

ThunderMonkey
Control

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2011, 09:04:32 AM »

Actually, four. Maybe three and a half, given how much weight DG's lost.

Based on that video, if it's not a 4 it's a very high 3.

Also, Colin Firth wants to be on Doctor Who... as a baddie

Ooooo... I would like to see him take a turn at perhaps Davros, although to be a rival it would have to be another incarnation of The Master (which would be truck-load of awesome sauce).

Work done by an officer's doppleganger in a parallel universe cannot be claimed as overtime.
ThunderMonkey
Control

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2011, 01:34:47 PM »

Yay... Fringe did exactly the same on Friday as it did on Thursday.

∑       With its new Friday lineup of KITCHEN NIGHTMARES and FRINGE, FOX won the night and posted its highest rated Friday night with entertainment programming in almost two and a half years among Adults 18-49 (since 9/5/08).
o       The season premiere of KITCHEN NIGHTMARES at 8p outperformed last yearís premiere by +36% among Adults 18-49 and won its hour among the core adult demo, Adults 18-34 and Teens.
o       At 9p the time period premiere of FRINGE on Friday matched its prior Thursday season average among Adults 18-49 (1.9) and grew +12% over its most recent telecast on Thursday, 12/9/10.
o       KITCHEN NIGHTMARES and FRINGE tied as the highest-rated programs of the night and combined to outperform FOXís Friday night prior season average by +111% among Adults 18-49 (1.9/6 vs. 0.9/3). 

Work done by an officer's doppleganger in a parallel universe cannot be claimed as overtime.
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Donít believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2011, 08:12:03 PM »

Yay... Fringe did exactly the same on Friday as it did on Thursday.

That's a very important stat - and not just for Fringe. Wink

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is b
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2011, 04:15:20 AM »

Well, the Cape was doing well.  Roll Eyes

Also, ABC has greenlit "Poe": "POE is a crime procedural that follows Edgar Allan Poe as the world's first detective, using unconventional methods to investigate dark mysteries in 19th-century Boston."

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

Wolverine
Control

I want to smoke a fairy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2011, 04:25:26 AM »

It makes me wonder what the DVR numbers are. Apparenly Hawaii 5-0 has lower than average viewing numbers, but is one of the top shows when it comes to DVRing to watch later. Hopefully it's still high there and they decide to keep it around, but NBC are second only to Fox when it comes to shedding shows that look even close to not pulling stellar numbers of viewers.

Pity, really.

"Dickhead books?"
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2011, 04:37:37 AM »

It makes me wonder what the DVR numbers are. Apparenly Hawaii 5-0 has lower than average viewing numbers, but is one of the top shows when it comes to DVRing to watch later. Hopefully it's still high there and they decide to keep it around, but NBC are second only to Fox when it comes to shedding shows that look even close to not pulling stellar numbers of viewers.

Pity, really.

I wouldn't put NBC in that category, honestly. Yes, they've cut their fair share of shows, but they've also kept Chuck around far longer than anyone expected, and Heroes was on fully two more seasons than it deserved, and let's not forget that they're hurting right now, even with a new head of programming (possibly even because of that).

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

Wolverine
Control

I want to smoke a fairy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2011, 04:50:59 AM »

I wouldn't put NBC in that category, honestly. Yes, they've cut their fair share of shows, but they've also kept Chuck around far longer than anyone expected, and Heroes was on fully two more seasons than it deserved, and let's not forget that they're hurting right now, even with a new head of programming (possibly even because of that).

Okay, I'll give you that. I guess I'm still hurting that they got rid of Studio 60 well before its time. Sure, it wasn't The West Wing, but it will still a great show.

"Dickhead books?"
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2011, 06:01:00 AM »

Okay, I'll give you that. I guess I'm still hurting that they got rid of Studio 60 well before its time. Sure, it wasn't The West Wing, but it will still a great show.

You and I see eye to eye on a lot of programming, but I fear I may have to counter you here. Studio 60 had the potential to be a great show, but I don't think it really was - not with the episodes that saw production. Sorkin hadn't quite detoxed yet but he was (allegedly) sober, and it showed in the writing. The show was only occasionally funny or dramatic, and no more interesting or engaging. I wanted to like the characters but mostly found them tiring and cumbersome, like a friend you don't want around but can't quite find the heart to blow off. There wasn't really a strong central arc and the episodic storylines were only so-so. All in all, it was - IMHO - the bottom of the barrel for Sorkin, and I really hope it's a mistake he learns from rather than an example he lives from when he gets to this HBO thing.

My two cents.*

* No actual value, and in some states may actually prompt fines.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

Nepenthe
Control

High Priest of the Cult of Crafty

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2011, 06:58:23 AM »

I'm still wondering if there is some kind of Chuck fairy godmother saving the series, somebody in NBC management goes as gaga about Yvonne as I do, or they are actually praying on their knees for having one series that just has bad/mediocre ratings instead of being utterly in the crapper - and thus being able to concentrate on replacing the ones that are downright embarrassing in their ratings...

Reapercussions
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2011, 04:29:55 PM »

I'm still wondering if there is some kind of Chuck fairy godmother saving the series, somebody in NBC management goes as gaga about Yvonne as I do, or they are actually praying on their knees for having one series that just has bad/mediocre ratings instead of being utterly in the crapper - and thus being able to concentrate on replacing the ones that are downright embarrassing in their ratings...

I've seen no fewer than a half dozen execs talk about how much everyone behind the scenes loves the show - out loud and in public even. It's definitely the little series that could over there, but it's getting a big assist from management.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

Wolverine
Control

I want to smoke a fairy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2011, 04:46:23 PM »

It's definitely the little series that could over there, but it's getting a big assist from management.

Maybe Adam Baldwin put the hard word on them as well. He certainly has the build of someone you wouldn't want to upset Tongue

EDIT: Even NZ is getting in on the superhero TV craze, though our show has a distinctly Norse theme.

"When asked if Norse gods might take over vampires as the latest craze, Balme says good ideas are often part of the collective consciousness. "Things got vampirical for a while there. It's cool to have something that the average man doesn't," Balme says, adding that when he canvassed his university-aged son's friends on what supernatural abilities they found most appealing, they opted for three out of the four powers possessed by the Johnson brothers."
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 04:50:26 PM by Wolverine » Logged

"Dickhead books?"
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2011, 08:17:19 PM »

Meet Blood & Chrome's Young Adama

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

Wolverine
Control

I want to smoke a fairy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2011, 08:31:55 PM »

And Dr Kavangh is playing his commanding officer. Interesting.

"Dickhead books?"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 59 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: