Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 21, 2014, 07:31:15 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  License to Improvise
| | |-+  Expert Class: Bloodhound
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Expert Class: Bloodhound  (Read 1156 times)
Medwyn
Operative

View Profile
« on: January 09, 2011, 02:45:10 AM »

Let's see if I'm getting better at this  Grin

Bloodhound

A Bloodhound tracks down the wrongdoers and brings them to whatever justice awaits them. Some do it for the thrill and excitement, others do it for the pay. Whatever the reason when you need to locate someone a Bloodhound is always on the cards.

Requirements: Wis 13+, Bab 3+, Investigator, Survival 4+

BAB: Medium
Fort: Medium
Ref: Medium
Will: Medium
Def: Medium
Init: Fast
Lifestyle: Slow
Legend: Medium

Skills: 6+Int Mod per level
Vitality: 9+ Con mod per level

Class Skills: Bluff, Haggle, Investigate, Notice, Prestidigitation, Resolve, Search, Sense Motive Survival, Tactics

1     Non-Lethal Force, Quarry I
2     The Right Questions
3     Comb the Streets (City)
4     Investigator, Posse
5     Quarry II
6     Sources
7     Comb the Streets (City) II, The Right Questions
8     Investigator, Promotion
9     Quarry III
10   Dead or Alive

Core Ability
 Non-Lethal Force: You may always convert your damage to subdual without penalty.

Class Abilities
    Quarry: At Level 1, once per Adventure you may designate a single character as your Quarry. You gain a +2 bonus with all Attack and Skill checks made against this quarry.
At Level 5, you may once per session with at least 1 hour downtime change your Quarry. Further, your Quarry has his Threat Range with all Attacks and Skill checks made against you reduced by 2.
At Level 9, At the start of each scene you may designate a new Quarry.  Further, you gain a +2 bonus with all Initiative Checks, damage rolls and saving throws made against your Quarry.
    The Right Questions: At Level 2, you gain an additional Covert feat and your maximum ranks in Investigate increases to your Career Level +5.
At Level 7, you gain an additional Covert Feat and your maximum ranks in Investigate increases to your Career Level +7.
    Comb the Streets (City): At Level 3, by spending at least 1 day Downtime you may locate someone within a city by providing an accurate description. If they are no longer in the city you instead discover when they were last in the city and the destination they left for.
At Level 7, you need to only spend at least 2 hours of Downtime to locate someone.
    Investigator: At Level 4, you gain the Exceptional Skill Mastery (Investigator) feat.
At Level 8, you gain the Legendary Skill Mastery (Investigator) feat.
    Posse: You gain the Followers feat (see page 98), the NPC group consisting of Watchmen (see page 248). You may gain the Followers feat a second time later, as your character options allow.
   Sources: As per the Emissary Ability
   Promotion: At Level 8, you gain 1 Renown rank of your choice.
   Dead or Alive: At level 10, once per session, you may choose to either inflict an automatic critical hit against your quarry or an automatic critical success on an opposed skill check.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 08:19:56 PM by Medwyn » Logged
Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 06:17:56 AM »

The gamebreaker looks very weak - it's about on par with some 6th level abilities.  I'd make it more like inflict an automatic critical or autowin a skill check against them/targetting them.  The rest looks pretty cool [needs more requirements though].
Medwyn
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 06:59:42 PM »

The gamebreaker looks very weak - it's about on par with some 6th level abilities.  I'd make it more like inflict an automatic critical or autowin a skill check against them/targetting them.  The rest looks pretty cool [needs more requirements though].

Adjusted as suggested.
pawsplay
Powered By Publisher
Control

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 07:10:33 PM »

What was it before? I could see the no AD needed thing interacting strangely with foes with monstrous defense.
Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 08:02:15 PM »

Adjusted as suggested.

I actually meant something like:

Dead or Alive: At level 10, once per session, you may choose to either inflict an automatic critical hit against your quarry or an automatic critical success on an opposed skill check.
Medwyn
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 08:20:10 PM »

Adjusted again Smiley
pawsplay