Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 31, 2014, 08:54:41 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  License to Improvise
| | |-+  Paths: Under the hood
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Paths: Under the hood  (Read 2281 times)
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2011, 10:52:25 AM »

My feeling is that Blessed is just too wonky a feat to be allowed as a standard option.  I probably should have been a campaign quality to allow it.

1. Blessed only functions if the Miracles quality is turned on
2. You need to spend an interest to gain the alignment that grants you access to the path
3. Alignments exist at the GC's discretion

SilvercatMoonpaw
Control

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2011, 11:03:24 AM »

I mean in addition to that.  Perhaps if it wasn't part of the standard lineup of feats people wouldn't be trying to balance things with it.
Morgenstern
Control

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2011, 11:14:42 AM »

I think it's enough to say Alex has more latitude than us, but in general players creating paths should stick to "one feat or less" for any step I  we come up with Grin.

At your own pace: Do. It. Now.
How about some pie? - Heroes of the Expanse
pawsplay
Powered By Publisher
Control

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2011, 11:24:33 AM »

I think we've pretty well hashed that out. Path I grants, at most, one feat, although it may be permissible to showhorn in one 0-level spell if it is thematic, if it otherwise difficult to fit into the progression, and at each tier, the Path looks comparable to other Paths. Agreed?

Ready for Step II?
SilvercatMoonpaw
Control

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2011, 11:28:39 AM »

Agreed.  Readying for next step.
Deral
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2011, 11:47:20 AM »

Spells: No spells over level 0, consistent with the appearance of circle of power I. However, the spells are generally at will. Any two seems to be a minor benefit, whereas one seems to be potentially free.

It might be worth noting that Deathwatch (granted at will by Death I) is a 1st level spell
SilvercatMoonpaw
Control

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2011, 12:02:47 PM »

But what's worth noting about it is that it's a spell that isn't, on its own, terribly potent.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 12:08:15 PM by SilvercatMoonpaw » Logged
Deral
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2011, 12:09:19 PM »

But what's worth noting about it is that it's a spell that isn't, on its own, terribly potent.
Oh yeah, it's not overpowered, or anything, just a 1st level spell out on it's own.
pawsplay