Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 25, 2014, 01:35:42 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  License to Improvise
| | |-+  Therianthropes Again
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Therianthropes Again  (Read 502 times)
Medwyn
Operative

View Profile
« on: January 08, 2011, 06:50:01 PM »

As I am working up to my new campaign and being reminded about Morg's Dryad feats and SilverCatMoonPaw's Animal species here I go again with a Therianthrope Feats.

Therianthrope Heritage
You have a little animal inside of you, just waiting to free itself.
Prerequisites: Level 1 only.
Benefit: Choose one Animal based Species. You may take the Transform actions to change form between an Animal and your normal form. You have a single vitality point score but separate wound totals for your Animal and normal forms and each heals at the normal rate simultaneously. While in Animal form replace your normal Origin with the Animal Origin and vice versa (removing all attribute modifiers and features of one Species, then applying them from the other species). This may cause you to no longer meet the requirements for some of your feats and/or classes if so, you may not use those feat benefits or class abilities of until you return to the for in which you qualify for them. You may select character options as both an Animal and your normal Species and using your attributes from either form.
Transformation(5 round Action): You may transform between your chosen animal form and your normal form. You become slowed for 5 rounds while you are transforming. When you are no longer Slowed you inflict 30 stress damage upon yourself. If you fail the associated Will save you become Enraged in your animal form instead of becoming Shaken.
You normally return to your normal form at the end of the current scene, however, you may take the Transformation Action, as long as you are not enraged to attempt to change back.
Special: You also involuntarily take the Transformation Action whenever you suffer fail a save for stress damage suffer or wound damage in your Normal form. Finally, you may lower one of your attributes by 2 to take an additional species feat with a prerequisite of 'Level 1 only' and either 'Animal' or your normal species.

Therianthrope Legacy
You have better control of that little animal in you.
Prerequisites: Therianthrope Heritage
Benefit: When taking the Transformation Action you only suffer 20 Stress Damage. Also, you gain Fast Healer Quality, and when you take your Animal form you may become more humanoid and lose the Beast type.

Animalheart
You and that little animal in you play along just nicely.
Prerequisites: Therianthrope Heritage
Benefit: You may take the Transformation action as full actions and you may spend an Action Dice to stop a Transformation Action. However you still suffer the Stress Damage, but remain in your Normal form.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 07:34:17 PM by Medwyn » Logged
Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 07:22:18 PM »

I would consider changing Legacy to "you may choose to become more humanoid, losing the beast type".  That way those with Legacy can still use their animal form as a disguise, rather then having to become a weird half-way thing.
Medwyn
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 07:33:23 PM »

I would consider changing Legacy to "you may choose to become more humanoid, losing the beast type".  That way those with Legacy can still use their animal form as a disguise, rather then having to become a weird half-way thing.

So true - it should be an option - I'll fix that up
SilvercatMoonpaw
Control

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 08:32:35 PM »

SilverCatMoonPaw's Animal species
Soon to be on the Database for easier access.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: