Author Topic: Fantasy Craft Second Printing Q&A Thread  (Read 215274 times)

jasom

• Recruit
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy Craft Second Printing Q&A Thread
« Reply #2715 on: February 04, 2016, 02:06:04 PM »
When an ability grants you an additional "standard attack"  can you use appropriate tricks with that attack action?

Desertpuma

• Control
  • Highest Level LSpy Agent 16th, almost 17th
    • View Profile
    • Crusaders Citadel
« Reply #2716 on: February 04, 2016, 02:08:22 PM »
Yes, unless the ability that grants the attack states otherwise

Living Spycraft Masterm

jarvvoitlus

• Jr. Agent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: February 09, 2016, 05:50:12 PM »
Cheesy question: Monkey Grip stance allows one two-handed weapon to be held in one hand without penalty. Otherwise, there is a -4 penalty. How often, if at all, can a character switch what weapon is being affected by the stance?

Nuaurpy

• Handler
  • The Shadow knows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2718 on: February 09, 2016, 05:52:33 PM »
Cheesy question: Monkey Grip stance allows one two-handed weapon to be held in one hand without penalty. Otherwise, there is a -4 penalty. How often, if at all, can a character switch what weapon is being affected by the stance?

Whenever they change what weapon they have readied. The stance doesn't make a specific 2 handed weapon 1 handed, but rather allows you to wield any one 2 handed weapon 1 handed (so you can't dual-wield greatswords but you can change what 2 handed weapon you're 1 handing on the fly.).

jarvvoitlus

• Jr. Agent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: February 09, 2016, 06:45:24 PM »
"A character of Medium or larger Size may use a 2-handed
weapon with one hand, but suffers a 4 penalty with his attack
check. Conversely, a character may hold a 1-handed weapon
with both hands, in which case his Strength score increases by 2
when determining damage."

Suppose I'm wielding a halberd in one hand at -4 and a claymore in the other at no penalty from Monkey Grip. Could I switch at will which one is penalized? As a GM I would rule that it's a Handle Item action.

I don't know why I'm asking since I don't think any player would ever do this, but hey I'm bored and I'm imagining a large unborn with six arms and six hurl battering rams.

Nuaurpy

• Handler
  • The Shadow knows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: February 09, 2016, 09:32:18 PM »
"A character of Medium or larger Size may use a 2-handed
weapon with one hand, but suffers a 4 penalty with his attack
check. Conversely, a character may hold a 1-handed weapon
with both hands, in which case his Strength score increases by 2
when determining damage."

Suppose I'm wielding a halberd in one hand at -4 and a claymore in the other at no penalty from Monkey Grip. Could I switch at will which one is penalized? As a GM I would rule that it's a Handle Item action.

I don't know why I'm asking since I don't think any player would ever do this, but hey I'm bored and I'm imagining a large unborn with six arms and six hurl battering rams.

You could rule it as a handle item check or just say that he chooses at the beginning of each round. You could also rule that he chooses the weapon on entering the stance or just smack him and say "NO! BAD! BAD PLAYER!"