Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 25, 2014, 03:41:38 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Fantasy Craft
| | |-+  Fantasy Craft Second Printing Q&A Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fantasy Craft Second Printing Q&A Thread  (Read 137821 times)
bits
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #2295 on: November 16, 2014, 02:49:16 PM »

Oh, perhaps I'm interpreting this incorrectly, but I don't think so.  From page 219 of FC 2P it says Also, the character with the bigger weapon gains a +2 bonus per Size category of difference... so the size of the character is only relevant insofar as it affects the size of their weapon.  If the same (let's say medium sized) character were to drop this weapon and just use their hand, the mechanical affect would be no difference because their hand (again from page 219) ...is considered two Size categories smaller than him.  So, that makes it 1 size category larger than the main gauche.  Again resulting in no mechanical difference event though this weapon is specifically supposed to benefit disarm attempts.

Which seems odd.

the only reason I ask this is one of my players specifically took this weapon to disarm and then had a devil of a time actually disarming someone.  They weren't crazy about paying the extra proficiency to get it because it requires forte to use after having such bad luck (they hadn't fully understood how it would work in full).  I hadn't noticed this until I looked more closely.  It's not a big deal obviously, just thought it might use a slight tweak in an errata.

Hope that made sense.

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there.
He wasn't there again today,
I wish, I wish he'd go away...
Morgenstern
Control

View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: November 16, 2014, 06:02:38 PM »

Hahahaahaa. Awesome. Good catch.

At your own pace: Do. It. Now.
How about some pie? - Heroes of the Expanse
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: November 16, 2014, 08:27:55 PM »

Well, unlike a weapon, a hand can flex and gra which is why it gets to be a Tiny size instead of dimuntive, which it really should be.. However, attempting to barehandedly disarm an edged weapon should have a boost to the error range of the attempt.

Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: