Author Topic: Fantasy Craft Second Printing Q&A Thread  (Read 283047 times)

Mister Andersen

• Control
  • I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy Craft Second Printing Q&A Thread
« Reply #2850 on: March 14, 2017, 05:09:17 PM »
The number of tentacle attacks seems overly generous given they're forward facing and by definition fairly useless outside a grapple.

Saizhan

• Jr. Agent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2851 on: March 15, 2017, 05:45:04 PM »
That's ok. I plan to tweak them and use them as denizens of leng. They'll look like a worm-that-walks/jellyfish hybrid with yellow robes and speak Aklo. Not really mythos canon but I don't care about that. It will be fun.  ;D

Saizhan

• Jr. Agent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: April 14, 2017, 07:55:06 AM »
Why do knights of the crone from adventure companion have treacherous and dramatic entrance? Treacherous seems to me redundant.

Desertpuma

• Control
  • Highest Level LSpy Agent 16th, almost 17th
    • View Profile
    • Crusaders Citadel
« Reply #2853 on: April 14, 2017, 08:19:26 AM »
Why do knights of the crone from adventure companion have treacherous and dramatic entrance? Treacherous seems to me redundant.

Per the RAW of Dramatic Entrance, it is when they arrive on the scene it becomes Dramatic. But if they are already there, it stays standard. Treacherous permits them to activate crits when it is not a Dramatic scene.

Now the GM could choose to extrapolate the idea of using the Special NPC aspect of Treacherous in a Dramatic Scene by allowing them to activate crits for 1 less AD.

LSpy Mastermind

TKDB

• Handler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2854 on: April 14, 2017, 10:27:55 AM »

Per the RAW of Dramatic Entrance, it is when they arrive on the scene it becomes Dramatic. But if they are already there, it stays standard. Treacherous permits them to activate crits when it is not a Dramatic scene.

Now the GM could choose to extrapolate the idea of using the Special NPC aspect of Treacherous in a Dramatic Scene by allowing them to activate crits for 1 less AD.

Not to mention that if the Knight in question is a special character, treacherous and dramatic entrance do entirely different things. Which seems to me like the way the Knights are generally intended to be used, given that they're a pretty unique, elite group in the setting.

Slashes-With-Claws

• Handler
  • I will eat your heart!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2855 on: April 14, 2017, 11:04:29 AM »
Treacherous lets special characters activate Crits for free, which is its main use here since a Knight of the Crone should be Special.