Author Topic: Fantasy Craft Second Printing Q&A Thread  (Read 229331 times)

Mister Andersen

• Control
  • I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy Craft Second Printing Q&A Thread
« Reply #2775 on: May 12, 2016, 12:28:06 AM »
That's specifying you're taking generic extra damage but with no extra riders attached -- if you were just taking extra damage of the subtype involved, that has a serious knock-on effect

MezzoCatorce

• Agent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2776 on: May 12, 2016, 12:32:32 AM »
Fire damage, divine damage and force damage are all types of lethal damage, similar to how Cold and Heat damage are types of Subdual damage.
That's incorrect; for example Rootwalkers have this drawback:
Achilles Heel (Fire): When you suffer fire damage, you also suffer an equal amount of lethal damage.
If fire damage was lethal damage, this would make no sense

Nah, it makes perfect sense. You suffer an equal amount of lethal (untyped) damage.  In cases of lethal damages, that's just double damage in the form of vanilla, in the case of subdual or non-damaging damage (like Flash), it's an equal amount of plain lethal damage.

Saizhan

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2777 on: May 12, 2016, 03:42:45 AM »

Fire damage, divine damage and force damage are all types of lethal damage, similar to how Cold and Heat damage are types of Subdual damage.
Aha-erlebnis right there. Thanks MezzoCatorce.

paddyfool

• Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: May 15, 2016, 12:15:31 PM »
Charm and Essence Binding BMS: When you take, say, Charm Basics, and pick Spell Effect, level 0-5 as one of the charms you can add... can you then stick any spell within this range on an item, crafter level allowing, or do you have to pick a specific spell when you select this?  Ditto, I guess, for bonus feat, attribute bonus, NPC ability etc. Charms and Essences.