Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 24, 2014, 12:43:28 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  License to Improvise
| | |-+  [Fantasy Craft] A Whole Lotta Everything [Updated June 11th!]
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Fantasy Craft] A Whole Lotta Everything [Updated June 11th!]  (Read 8071 times)
Deral
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2011, 06:17:24 PM »

Important question for this thread if any of the Crafty guys stop by-

I had someone ask for a copy of my SC-converted expert classes, what would be the rules on posting something like that? They're predominantly reprinted material (since only a little bit of conversion is necessary), they don't feel distant enough for me to be comfortable throwing them up here on a whim.
Antilles
Mastermind
Control

Do I look like a people person?

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2011, 07:44:11 PM »

What's been done in the past is only post what's been changed, like the examples seen here.

"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
Deral
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2011, 08:22:25 PM »

What's been done in the past is only post what's been changed, like the examples seen here.
This is about what I figured would be the case, and probably the best option.
Coyote0273
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2011, 12:01:23 AM »

If you just post names of powers that haven't been changed, I'm sure that'd be fine too. No actual mechanics from the books.
Khaalis
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2011, 03:25:37 AM »

Some specific questions:
Can you share the rules for Infamy? How do you attain ‘Infamous’ renown? Is this granted like a ‘reward’ or is it purchased by PC choice as any other renown? I can see this is being an assigned renown based on character actions.
-   What exactly constitutes “being wanted”?

What exactly is Clerical renown? Is this just another type of Noble/Military type renown, just specifically for religious based organizations?
Deral
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2011, 09:54:52 AM »

Some specific questions:
Can you share the rules for Infamy? How do you attain ‘Infamous’ renown? Is this granted like a ‘reward’ or is it purchased by PC choice as any other renown? I can see this is being an assigned renown based on character actions.

Some of the rules for Infamy I haven't got explicitly spelled out, as I attempted to do so I realized it depends heavily upon the campaign itself. Though normally purchased like standard renown, it certainly can be granted as a reward (I have a tendency to grant Holdings and Renown at mid and high levels as rewards anyhow), it can also be imposed (or Renown already gained be made Infamous) and there are a small set of new favors that can temporarily or permanently raise or lower your or someone else's bounty.

-   What exactly constitutes “being wanted”?

This one is also a little vague, a lot of it is determined by the nature of the infamy, the reasons for the bounty, and the relative region. It may function sometimes like a subplot, create or at least significantly alter encounters. For the most part, the details are left up to the GM, originally I wrote the Infamy rules for games where the entire party would be at least very likely to be Infamous, so I tend to assume the Recognition rules are being run differently, often (or at least occasionally) triggering without input from the player, if I had a mixed game of Infamous/Non-Infamous sorts I'd likely throw out a disclaimer that said once you get a bounty, your recognition will start to work this way.

Something I did leave out regarding Infamy/Bounty rules is that Military and Noble renown also lower your bounty, effectively making your Infamy rank for bounties (Infamy - (Noble + Military))

What exactly is Clerical renown? Is this just another type of Noble/Military type renown, just specifically for religious based organizations?

Right, while I would love to write out renown for each of the major churches, it wasn't, at the time, reasonable for me to do so (I actually intend for my next project to be expanding on a few things, including this, magic, and the Ether, I may expand Clerical renown then). So Clerical renown represents Prestige within a church, temple, or similar construct, I added it in because a priest (not Priest) character would wind up having to take Military, Noble, or Heroic renown, none of which really seemed to fit perfectly, this lets them gain prestige without having to follow other avenues.
Deral
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2011, 04:12:11 PM »

Sorry for long delays, I've had a few requests for more stuff to be posted up but as the week gets farther along, I get busier and busier, once Monday rolls around I should be good (ish) to go again. In the mean time, let me throw a couple things out here.
First off, I put Bounty Hunter in Medwyn's Bloodhound thread, over here: http://www.crafty-games.com/forum/index.php?topic=4566.0

Next up is Expanded Fittings, the whole idea of this is taking the Descriptive Armor sidebar one step further, by applying a minor (General Equipment-level) benefit to different fittings as well as different weights and so forth. Some numbers were a little fudged to keep things from being unbalanced in one direction or the other, but that was about the extent of my guidelines going in.

As with normal Descriptive Armor, two or three fittings is Light, four or five is Heavy, and I added another level, Full Fittings, which give the same effects as Heavy as well as +2 Resistances and 1 additional save but have a 1 point worse DP and ACP, as well as a disguise penalty of Obvious

I went through a number of pricing schemes, and there were some that worked better than others, the one I settled on is, admittedly, a little more complicated- each fitting purchased or crafted for a suit of armor increases it's base cost by 10 + (5 * # of fittings already on the armor) silver. This winds up a little more costly but somewhat compensates for the new abilities.

Weight is handled per-fitting and increases the base weight of the armor.
My list of fittings is here, under the spoiler block:

Edit: I hacked that table together a bit, Comp should read Space, there is no 5-fitting limit any longer, just 1 per fitting location (though there are upgrades to circumvent that a little).
Table Below Spoiler:
(click to show/hide)

Mismatched fittings don't count toward the "group" for determining what grade of fittings you're wearing and increase ACP by 1, and wearing fittings without torso armor grants benefits and penalties as per their fittings grade, except disguise penalty, which is one "step" lower (Obvious becomes -6, -6 becomes -4, -4 becomes -0).

(Apologies for the haphazard writing, just got in after a run and am heading out again after I'm done writing this up)

I was going to round out armor with Craftsmanships, Materials, and Upgrades, but with my set up designed for ease of use, I've got several Crafty things in there as well, so I will have to redo some of the tables to make them Board-friendly. In the mean time, here are a couple classes:

Dreamwalker (Expert)
(This class is an alternate divine caster, in this setting magic comes from the realm of dreams, and the two share several intrinsic connections.)
Requirements: Cannot have any steps in Paths, Cannot have ranks in Spellcasting, Resolve 6+ ranks, The Gift
Caster: Each level in this class increases your Casting Level by 1
Class Skills: Acrobatics, Athletics, Bluff, Disguise, Investigate, Medicine, Notice, Prestidigitation, Resolve, Ride, Search, Sneak
Skill Points: 8+ Int Mod
Vitality: 6+ Con Mod

Base Attack: Poor
Fortitude: Poor
Reflex: Poor
Will: Good
Defense: Average
Initiative: Good
Lifestyle: Poor
Legend: Good

Core Ability –
Conduit: You may spend up to 3 action dice per scene as a free action, each time giving you one additional “use” of one of your Divine spells

Class Abilities –
Dreamwalker: You are not bound by the same laws of magic others are, at Level 1, you may take the first step in any path listed in Chapter 7, then choose three additional paths in that chapter, you are permitted to take steps in any of these paths as if they were granted to you by an alignment.
Unique Aura: At Level 2 you gain Spell Defense equal to 10 + your Career Level and Spell Resistance 2
At Level 7 these increase to Spell Defense 15 + your Career Level and Spell Resistance 5
Path of the Dreamwalker: At Levels 3, 5, 7, and 9 you may take a step in any path granted to you by your Dreamwalker ability. If you have completed all the paths, you may choose a new one and gain access to it.
Changed Blood: At Level 4 you may gain any Heritage species feat, ignoring prerequisites. If you already have a Heritage, you may instead choose to take it's Legacy.
Uncanny Dodge I: At Level 4, as the Burglar ability
Uncanny Dodge II: At Level 8, as the Burglar ability
Forking Paths: At Level 6, at the start of each adventure you may choose 1 path you have access to but have not yet completed, you gain 1 step in that path until the end of the adventure.
Sights Unseen: At Level 8, you cannot gain the blinded, deafened, enraged, or frightened condition, shaken grades do not prevent you from taking 10 or 20, and invisible characters do not automatically become hidden from you (though they may still make Stealth and Hide checks to do so).
Second Reality: At Level 10, as long as you get a full night's rest, your natural healing rates double and you're considered to have also received the benefit of any 1 Food or Drink (not counting against your total for the day) and any 1 Community Service except Laundry, Item Repair and Commission, Grooming, or Scribe, and other unique restrictions may apply (A delivery cannot transport anything you cannot give in a dream, and cannot be given to subjects who do not sleep). Also, you gain Stress Resistance 6

Not all of my Master Classes are setting specific, actually, I'll put up some I have here:

Archmage (Master) (Written to emulate that other Archmage class)
Requirements: Spellcasting 12+ Ranks, Any 2 Spellcasting Feats
Class Skills: Crafting, Impress, Intimidate, Investigate, Medicine, Prestidigitation, Resolve, Search, Sense Motive and any 3 class skills from your base and expert classes.
Skill Points: 8+ Int Mod        
Vitality: 6+ Con Mod
Base Attack: Poor
Fortitude: Poor
Defense: Poor
Initiative: Average
Lifestyle: Average
Legend: Good
Spell Points: Good
Class Abilities –
Manipulation of Magic: At Level 1, choose one skill, you may substitute your Spellcasting (Int) skill in place of that skill for one check a number of times per scene equal to your class level.
Flowing Magic: At Level 1, choose one spell you know of no greater than 3rd level, you may cast this spell once per scene as if it were a divine spell. If you choose a 1st level or lower spell, you may cast it twice per scene.
Woven Magic: At Level 4, choose one spell you know of no greater than 5th level, you may cast this spell once per scene as if it were a divine spell. If you choose a 3rd level or lower spell, you may cast it twice per scene.
Personal Talent: At Level 3, you gain one of the following tricks:
   Channel Energy (Spellcasting Trick): Choose one damage type when you gain this trick, you may spend 3 additional spell points when making a spellcasting check to change the damage the spell will deal to the chosen damage type.
   Power Surge (Spellcasting Trick): If you beat your target's defense and spell defense by 5 or more, you may spend spell points on a 1 for 1 basis (up to an amount equal to your starting action dice) to increase the spell's caster level, damage, or DC.
   Reshape Spell (Spellcasting Trick): When casting a spell with an area, you may spend 2 additional spell points to move a number of 5ft squares from it's area equal to your starting action dice, these spaces original locations are “safe” and their new locations are considered within the spell's area as normal.
   Spell Turning (Spellcasting Trick): If you successfully counter a spell, you may spend 2 spell points to instead redirect the countered spell onto it's caster, caster level and DC are determined as per the original caster. If multiple spells are countered, you may spend 2 spell points for each spell you want turned.
Art of Magic: At Level 4, once per adventure as a free action you may gain 1 spellcasting feat as a temporary feat until the end of the adventure.
Versatile Casting: At Level 5, you may apply 2 tricks to each spellcasting check you make, alternatively when applying only a single trick, you may ignore any spell point increase.

Cirendeth T'Sorai  (Master) (Yes, I know whip-wielding casting female dark elves are cliche, but I went there.)
Requirements: Female, Dark Elf (Elf Species, Spider Nation), Tiril'Corath Alignment, At Least 1 Step in the Tiril'Corath path, Blessed, Whip Basics, Spellcasting 6+ Ranks
Class Skills: Blend, Bluff, Intimidate, Notice, Resolve, and any 3 class skills from your base and expert classes.
Skill Points: 6+ Int Mod
Vitality: 9+ Con Mod
Base Attack: Average
Fortitude: Average
Defense: Average
Initiative: Poor
Lifestyle: Average
Legend: Average
Spell Points: Average
Class Abilities –
Whip Strike: At Level 1, when carrying a readied whip, you may perform Touch range spells anywhere you can strike with the whip, in addition, if your Spellcasting check overcomes the target's defense, you deal damage as if you had hit them with your whip, this effect goes off even if the Spellcasting check doesn't overcome the targets Spell Defense.
Path of Tiril'Corath: At Levels 1 and 4 you gain a step in the Path of Tiril'Corath, if you've already completed this path, you instead gain a bonus melee combat feat.
Mistress' Pain: At Level 2, you gain an additional number of wound points equal to your Charisma modifier.
Circle of Power I: At Level 3 you may cast spells of 1st level and lower you know.
Spellbraid: At Level 4, while wielding a readied whip, you may apply whip tricks to your Spellcasting checks and vice versa. For these purposes your Whip is considered a 1st level spell that costs you 0 spell points and 1 half action to use by default, with a range equal to your Reach plus the Whip's reach.
Beauty Beyond Beauty: At Level 5, your Charisma increases by 5 and your Dexterity increases by 2

If there's any interest in seeing other Master Classes, the others I have are:
Amarmaethora (Elven City High Guard type)
Ambassador of Concord (Clerical type who promotes a bond between two warring sister deities)
Ancient Dragon (Based on my alternate Dragon (not Drake) species)
Articulate Spirit (Based on my alternate Angel species)
Citadel Bulwark (Goliath converted from World on Fire)
Constellate Celebrant (Super setting specific, uses almost exclusively house rules)
Exalted Master (Hattori Hanzo/Masazane Fujiware style exceptional, awe inspiring smith)
Legendary Automaton (Uses my heavily altered Unborn rules, but is based around modifying yourself via construct-based benefits, unborn or not)
Legendary Giant (As the name might imply, iconic Master class a-la Classic Fantasy)
Legendary War Chief (Legendary Orc converted from Classic Fantasy and opened to other orc-like species)
Transcendent Hero (Legendary Pech from Classic Fantasy converted to be species-less and generally more action die based)
True-Blooded Shifter (Iconic Master Class for zoanthropes/lycanthropes)

« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 09:54:25 AM by Deral » Logged
Khaalis
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2011, 09:33:07 AM »

If/when you get the time, I'd love to see these, in order of preference:

Ambassador of Concord (Clerical type who promotes a bond between two warring sister deities)
Legendary Giant (As the name might imply, iconic Master class a-la Classic Fantasy)
Legendary War Chief (Legendary Orc converted from Classic Fantasy and opened to other orc-like species)
Transcendent Hero (Legendary Pech from Classic Fantasy converted to be species-less and generally more action die based)
Exalted Master (Hattori Hanzo/Masazane Fujiware style exceptional, awe inspiring smith)
Aarmaethora (Elven City High Guard type)

Grin
Deral
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2011, 09:36:46 PM »

If/when you get the time, I'd love to see these, in order of preference:

Aarmaethora (Elven City High Guard type)

Grin

I could get this up for ya, hopefully some time tomorrow, the start of this week was supposed to be less busy, but instead a massive ice storm decided to hit us here in Texas (and just about everywhere else in the Midwestern US), so it's been... hectic.
Khaalis
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2011, 06:00:42 AM »

Bleh. What you guys call an ice storm doesn't even make us blink an eye.  Evil

Try 20" of snow.   Grin
OverNinja
Control

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2011, 06:44:39 AM »

Try 20" of snow.   Grin

Been there, done that. Try -24C, it's now warmer though.

"If somebody is worth shooting once, they're worth shooting twice."
"Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security."
Deral
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2011, 07:40:16 AM »

Bleh. What you guys call an ice storm doesn't even make us blink an eye.  Evil

Try 20" of snow.   Grin

Pfft, we have to explain this to out of town people all the time- it's all about the relative cold, you guys expect it, here it only happens once in a blue moon, and comes at the drop of a hat, so the whole dang city is unprepared (It was 75F on Sunday, it's 16 right now). Could be objectively worse, sure, but that doesn't stop idiots from freaking out and making things more difficult for everyone.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 07:41:52 AM by Deral » Logged
Morgenstern
Control

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2011, 08:33:50 AM »

Interesting stuff. Just a few comments. The response window is doing the jigglig thing, so I'll have to take this in small chunks.

Dreamwalker (Expert)

Uncanny Dodge I: At Level 2, as the Burglar ability
Uncanny Dodge II: At Level 7, as the Burglar ability

These shouldn't go here (4 and 8 are traditional). WIth just 2 classes that allow Uncanny dodnge at level 2, you'll have to answer the question "So, what's Uncanny Dodge VI do?" Wink

Path of the Dreamwalker: At Levels 3, 5, 7, and 9 you may take a step in any path granted to you by your Dreamwalker ability. If you have completed all the paths, you may choose a new one and gain access to it.

Its not actually possible to finish/block up 4 paths forcing the choice of a new one. Can drop the last sentence.

Unique Aura: At Level 4 you gain Spell Defense equal to 5 + your Career Level and Spell Resistance 2

Spell Resistence 13 at Career Level 8... doesn't do anything (13 is the lowest number required to cast a 0 level spell. You may want to bump both of these up by at least 5. and possibly swap them to the 2/7 slot (and raise it a little higher).

« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 08:35:38 AM by Morgenstern » Logged

At your own pace: Do. It. Now.
How about some pie? - Heroes of the Expanse
Deral
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2011, 01:49:32 PM »

Dreamwalker (Expert)

Uncanny Dodge I: At Level 2, as the Burglar ability
Uncanny Dodge II: At Level 7, as the Burglar ability

These shouldn't go here (4 and 8 are traditional). WIth just 2 classes that allow Uncanny dodnge at level 2, you'll have to answer the question "So, what's Uncanny Dodge VI do?" Wink
This is fair, my thinking was less on the potential min maxing angle and more that it was weaker or about on par than the standard 2/7 slot, I'll give it the eyeball and see if I can make that work elsewhere

Its not actually possible to finish/block up 4 paths forcing the choice of a new one. Can drop the last sentence.
Oh, yeah, that sentence isn't necessary when moving the class to another setting, but there are 1, 2, and 3 step paths in this setting, it still may not be possible, but it was still a catch-all.
Unique Aura: At Level 4 you gain Spell Defense equal to 5 + your Career Level and Spell Resistance 2

Spell Resistence 13 at Career Level 8... doesn't do anything (13 is the lowest number required to cast a 0 level spell. You may want to bump both of these up by at least 5. and possibly swap them to the 2/7 slot (and raise it a little higher).

This one actually has been changed, a few small alterations were made in the transfer from ODT to PDF, the PDF reads 7+ and 12+, not a huge difference but it isn't supposed to be exceedingly high spell defense. Now that you mention it, though, I do kind of like the idea of switching it and the 2/7. I'll change that in a moment and be back around to set down a couple other classes.

Deral
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2011, 03:45:33 PM »

Ambassador of Concord (Master) (This class is a little complicated to define without getting too into story- the three human gods in this setting are the remnants of a greater pantheon, they are the old Goddess of Horses, Goddess of Money and God of Art, they have broadened to the point of not really having any particular domain, but instead having more overarching dogmas, the two goddesses, Elara (Horses) and Fiona (Money) stand in indirect opposition of one another, this class represents a high level cleric of a group known as the Sisters of Concord, who are focused on a bond between the two)
Requirements: Sisters of Concord Alignment, At least 1 Step in the Path of Concord, Any 1 Chance feat, Medicine 12+ Ranks, Haggle 6+ Ranks
Class Skills: Athletics, Acrobatics, Impress, Haggle, Medicine, Resolve, Ride, and any 3 class skills from your base and expert classes.
Reflex: Average
Will: Average
Lifestyle: Good

Class Abilities –
Sister's Might: At Level 1, neither you nor your allies suffer any penalties from opposed alignments, and any bonuses you gain from them are doubled.
Twice Silver: At Levels 1 and 4, your Lifestyle increases by 2, as does the bonus you grant as a Helper in cooperative tasks.
Gift of Friendship: At Level 2, once per adventure at the start of the adventure, choose one of your Chance feats, each of your teammates gains that feat as a temporary feat until the end of the adventure.
Uncanny Dodge II: At Level 3, you may no longer be flanked
Blessed Alliance: Starting at Level 4, while adjacent to any teammate, all of your action dice have their die size increased by 1 step, (Edit Note: This ability doesn't show up in FC, it may be more kosher to grant a +2 morale bonus to action die results) also, if an adjacent teammate is killed or knocked unconscious, you gain 1 bonus D20 action die that can only be used against that teammate's attacker or to aid that teammate, alternatively this action die may immediately be given to the fallen teammate, however, if not used before the end of the scene, this action die is lost.
Tie That Binds: At Level 5, when a teammate who can see or hear you makes an attack roll, save, or skill check, you may choose to have that teammate use the highest such bonus among you. Alternatively, when a teammate is attacked, you may choose to have that teammate use the highest Defense among you. You may use this ability a number of times per scene equal to your starting action dice.

Transcendent Hero(ine) (Master) (There isn't much to say about this one, I started converting Legendary Pech and took it in a slightly different direction)
Requirements: Any 1 Chance Feat, Fortune Favors the Bold, Starting Action Dice: 4+
Class Skills: Acrobatics, Athletics, Haggle, Impress, Intimidate, Resolve, Tactics, and any 3 class skills from your base and expert classes.
Reflex: Average
Will: Average
Lifestyle: Good

Class Abilities –
“This is my Story...”: At Level 1, as Legendary Pech
Child of Fortune: At Level 1, at the start of any dramatic scene, all action dice you have increase by 1 size.
At Level 4, all of your action dice increase by 1 size (total of +2 during dramatic scenes) (Edit Note: Again this ability doesn't show up in FC, a +2 insight or maybe merely a +Class Level insight could make an ok replacement)
Good Luck Charm: At Level 2, as "A Lively Tale" except using your total Chance Feats (Maximum equal to your starting action dice)
Master of Destiny: At Level 3, when one of your action dice would explode, you may choose to forgo the explosion to give an ally a bonus action die of the same type. If not used by the end of the scene, these action dice are lost.
No Lagging Behind: At Level 4, your lowest attribute rises by 3.
“...And Every Word is True”: At Level 5, as Legendary Pech, except using Menace instead of Caliber.

More classes to follow...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: