Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2014, 03:44:46 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  License to Improvise
| | |-+  Sweet20, anyone?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sweet20, anyone?  (Read 353 times)
Dr Peabody
Recruit

View Profile
« on: March 16, 2013, 11:43:51 AM »

Has anyone ever used the Sweet20 rules in a Mastercraft game?  I'm thinking about it.

http://files.crngames.com/cc/sweet20/experience.html
Bill Whitmore
Mastermind
Control

Woot, I got a new hat! :P

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 02:00:25 PM »

I haven't used it, but I don't see any reason why it couldn't work.  Many of the GMs here already hand wave experience and just give their players a level every adventure or two.

Don't follow your passion.  Take it with you.

ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!   Ramen.
Dr Peabody
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 03:30:24 PM »

I guess I was curious because FC's own narrative mechanics use XP values as a sort of building block for encounters and other adventure benchmarks.  I wondered if anyone who uses this or any alternate experience system has a problem making it work.
Coyote0273
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 09:04:54 PM »

I guess I was curious because FC's own narrative mechanics use XP values as a sort of building block for encounters and other adventure benchmarks.  I wondered if anyone who uses this or any alternate experience system has a problem making it work.

The "XP values" for monsters and opponents is also just a measure of how strong any particular mob is in relation. Same thing with traps, and benchmarks.

In my games, I used a mixture. I used some XP gains, but whenever I wanted to level I would just go.... "And you get a bonus of X so you level." and handwave the rest. Though, I'm currently playing in a handful of games that aren't using XP at all (not FC mind you), but level you whenever the GM feels like it. It would work just fine with FC as well, and would get rid of the players seeking XP, rather than adventures.
Elvith Gent
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 04:30:23 AM »

I stopped counting XP years ago. As Bill said, I hand wave experience in my FC games and there's absolutely no problem with that.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 03:15:21 PM by Elvith Gent » Logged
samsimilian
Operative

Do or do not... there is no try

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 07:58:30 AM »

I've stopped counting XP years ago. As Bill said, I hand wave experience in my FC games and there's absolutely no problem with that.

Same here, but i'll try sweet20, it schould work very well with fc subplots

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: