Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 31, 2014, 12:45:56 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Ten Thousand Bullets
| | |-+  L.A. Noir
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: L.A. Noir  (Read 2611 times)
Dace
Recruit

View Profile
« on: January 01, 2011, 01:41:44 AM »

If you haven't seen this game I recommend taking a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sk9YjbbyJw

Looks like it's right up the alley of 10KB.
Desertpuma
Control

Highest Level LSpy Agent 16th, almost 17th

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 02:28:55 AM »

That does look pretty damn cool! It definitely fits 10KB!

Living Spycraft Masterm
mathey
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 04:12:58 PM »

Its looking real nice, yeah. The main vibe the previews give is that its L.A. Confidential: The Video Game, and that's A-OK by me.
Desertpuma
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 07:27:26 PM »

I love the feeling of the game!

Living Spycraft Masterm
Dace
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 01:58:31 AM »

There's also a Film Noir festavile in LA ... was not aware of that.
Morgenstern
Control

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2013, 05:48:39 PM »

I've done about 5-6 of the game's cases, and they are sweet. Simple puzzles, reading expressions during interogations, branching investigation plotlines. As an example of 1-on-1 Urban RPG scenarios, there is a lot in this game worth emulating.

At your own pace: Do. It. Now.
How about some pie? - Heroes of the Expanse
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Donít believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2013, 07:54:39 PM »

I've done about 5-6 of the game's cases, and they are sweet. Simple puzzles, reading expressions during interogations, branching investigation plotlines. As an example of 1-on-1 Urban RPG scenarios, there is a lot in this game worth emulating.

Wait until you're about twice that far in. That's where it gets more tedious than almost any game I've ever played - and I've got some console stamina. I sat all the way through Oblivion. I played every single Halo game front-to-back - in a row.

The only other game I gave up on so definitively was Final Fantasy XIII, which broke my heart and turned me off the franchise so strongly that I haven't looked back yet.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is b
Morgenstern
Control

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2013, 08:31:34 PM »

Wait until you're about twice that far in. That's where it gets more tedious than almost any game I've ever played - and I've got some console stamina.

Ouch. I guess it plays out it bag of tricks by then. That's unfortunate.

The only other game I gave up on so definitively was Final Fantasy XIII, which broke my heart and turned me off the franchise so strongly that I haven't looked back yet.

The chocobos still love you! Grin

I didn't really get into FF until X... and then it was positively fantastic to have a main character that's not the slightest bit sullen or emo. Then again the entire setting is a little more sunny that most of the other FF worlds. It gives him some actual range of responses when truely horrible shit comes piling down on him, a certain resiliance missing from many console RPG heroes.

Getting back to L.A. Noir, I did like that leveling up was accomplished in part by moving you through different departments. First case you are a beat cop. Then you do some Traffic Division, then some Vice Squad, and finally on to Homicide. It was a neat mechanism for shifting the focus of your cases.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 08:55:52 PM by Morgenstern » Logged

Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2013, 07:52:41 AM »

I didn't really get into FF until X... and then it was positively fantastic to have a main character that's not the slightest bit sullen or emo. Then again the entire setting is a little more sunny that most of the other FF worlds. It gives him some actual range of responses when truely horrible shit comes piling down on him, a certain resiliance missing from many console RPG heroes.

Why does the best Final Fantasy (9, of course) never get any love?

I actually just picked up LA Noire, since it was ultra cheap (the collected edition with all the bonus cases) and I had some Xmas / Birthday gift cardery (the curse of them being all but back to back) to use up and figured "Why not?".  Luckily my current schedule means it'll be played intermittently, so that might stop it from becoming tedious.

After Gangster Squad, I'm seriously thinking of kicking it old school once 10kB comes out.
Desertpuma
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2013, 08:33:33 AM »

I hear ya, Sletch!

Living Spycraft Masterm
Morgenstern
Control

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2013, 12:54:26 PM »

Why does the best Final Fantasy (9, of course) never get any love?

I'm going with because the characters were in the super-deformed style and it has what appears to be Orco's cousin (the inept sidekick from He-man) in it.  Might have been the best story of them all - I'll never know. I could never get past those two points of presentation.

I'll be curious to hear your initial and extended takes on L.A. Noir Smiley.

moorken
Crafty n00b

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2013, 12:35:22 PM »

LA Noir was so great, i'm still playing it monthly despite having the game already for a long time.  Funny fact was that the graphics were so high demanding that it let some PS3 systems overheat and shut themselves down LOL Evil
MistbornDave
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2013, 03:15:36 PM »

It shut down some of the older 360s as well. 

Check out my blog '7+ Ward Save'
http://7upwardsave.blogspot.com/

"I'm a thief, not a prophet. Sometimes, we just have to be what the job requires."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: