Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 24, 2014, 08:02:16 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Fantasy Craft
| | |-+  Fantasy Craft Database
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fantasy Craft Database  (Read 14322 times)
Morgenstern
Control

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2011, 01:15:53 AM »

Sadly, I still seem to be doing something wrong Embarrassed.

I set the category to melee combat feats, title to Lash Sword Basics, typed in a small intro, pasted in the feat in the body, clicked on the terms of use which auto-filled the check box, submitted, got an error, clicked the I have read the terms of use manually, re-submitted, still got an error.

Started over. Set the category. Filled in basic intro. Pasted in text. Added test author's note. Manually clicked check box. Submitted. Recieved arror.

I'm baffled. Other folks are clearly getting this to work. Is there any reason to think pasting in text to the body derails things?

(tried again with a campaign quality in case it was something about trying to do a melee combat feat. Still no luck)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 01:38:37 AM by Morgenstern » Logged

At your own pace: Do. It. Now.
How about some pie? - Heroes of the Expanse
Doublebond
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2011, 01:31:21 AM »

Could it be your browser?
Morgenstern
Control

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2011, 01:36:48 AM »

*shrug* Could be. My browser has trouble with the editor on this site (the text entry screen constantly scrolls to the top if the message gets longer than the height of the window provided). Don't have any problems with the other boards I frequent.

Morgenstern
Control

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2011, 01:45:05 AM »

Will the FCDB be hosting setting matterial?

(like if someone created a village/kingdom/continent or other environment rather than just the mechanical facets that support play.)

Doublebond
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2011, 02:18:17 AM »

(like if someone created a village/kingdom/continent or other environment rather than just the mechanical facets that support play.)

Judging by the blurb on the front page, it definately seems that veector wants to go in that direction...

Got a cool Fantasy Craft Campaign Setting?
I'm also seeking to expand the site's content with amateur campaign settings that are well fleshed out and near ready for prime time. Contact me to find out how to get your content onto the site.
veector
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2011, 05:01:22 AM »

*shrug* Could be. My browser has trouble with the editor on this site (the text entry screen constantly scrolls to the top if the message gets longer than the height of the window provided). Don't have any problems with the other boards I frequent.

Could you email me the entry?

moderator (at) fantasycraftdb (dot) com

Don't worry about not using the form. What I really use the form for is to keep the workflow manageable. It helps when everyone knows what fields I'm looking for when I create an article in the db.

In the meantime, could you include in your email, what operating system you're using, what browser you're using, and what version of that browser. You can usually find the version by going to the "About" screen for the browser.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 05:24:38 AM by veector » Logged

The intellect of man is forced to choose perfection of the life, or of the work, and if it take the second must refuse a heavenly mansion, raging in the dark.
- William Butler Yeats
veector
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2011, 05:04:49 AM »

Judging by the blurb on the front page, it definately seems that veector wants to go in that direction...

Got a cool Fantasy Craft Campaign Setting?
I'm also seeking to expand the site's content with amateur campaign settings that are well fleshed out and near ready for prime time. Contact me to find out how to get your content onto the site.

What I'm interested in is getting ideas fleshed out and in the hands of others in a more organized way.

As an example, this is my homebrew campaign setting on the Pathfinder Database.

Thule: World of Gates

This offers someone with a lot of content for their own setting to have a single article to tie it all together.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 05:25:47 AM by veector » Logged

The intellect of man is forced to choose perfection of the life, or of the work, and if it take the second must refuse a heavenly mansion, raging in the dark.
- William Butler Yeats
Morgenstern
Control

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2011, 05:19:13 AM »

Nice. Capstone like that is exactly what I was wondering about.

Another category you might consider is "Encounter" - basically a script for a fight or other challenge. Like "The bridge at Ahn-ru" with a text description, an NPC or two, some checks/DCs, and maybe rewards. Like a single scene or even piece of a larger scene. I could see a setting page pointing to a number of encounter articles to build up setting tools.

veector
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2011, 05:24:00 AM »

Nice. Capstone like that is exactly what I was wondering about.

Another category you might consider is "Encounter" - basically a script for a fight or other challenge. Like "The bridge at Ahn-ru" with a text description, an NPC or two, some checks/DCs, and maybe rewards. Like a single scene or even piece of a larger scene. I could see a setting page pointing to a number of encounter articles to build up setting tools.

Yep. On the Pathfinder Database, it's the same page as encounters. As always, my motto is:

"Send me what you got. If it's well written and fits the site in some way, I'll find a place for it."
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 05:34:16 AM by veector » Logged

- William Butler Yeats
mach1.9pants
Operative

Supersonic Underwear!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2011, 04:41:44 PM »

That is a long motto  Tongue

Gloria Finis
Oleyo
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2011, 08:59:23 PM »

Cool!  Looks really polished, too.  I will have to put in some of my stuff from the forums to help kick it off.  Thanks for the hard work!
veector
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2011, 09:06:37 AM »

Cool!  Looks really polished, too.  I will have to put in some of my stuff from the forums to help kick it off.  Thanks for the hard work!

Thanks for the approval! I'm a big fan of sites that look as good as the content they're offering.

And you know, it's always better to look good than to feel good.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 09:09:47 AM by veector » Logged

- William Butler Yeats
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Donít believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2011, 10:11:03 AM »

And you know, it's always better to look good than to feel good.

Ladies and gentlemen, that's a proper pop culture reference. ::applause::

Gods but I miss classic SNL...

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is b