Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 24, 2014, 10:42:34 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Fantasy Craft
| | |-+  Fantasy Craft Database
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fantasy Craft Database  (Read 13466 times)
veector
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2011, 01:18:31 PM »

Sadly, I still seem to be doing something wrong Embarrassed.

I set the category to melee combat feats, title to Lash Sword Basics, typed in a small intro, pasted in the feat in the body, clicked on the terms of use which auto-filled the check box, submitted, got an error, clicked the I have read the terms of use manually, re-submitted, still got an error.

Started over. Set the category. Filled in basic intro. Pasted in text. Added test author's note. Manually clicked check box. Submitted. Recieved arror.

I'm baffled. Other folks are clearly getting this to work. Is there any reason to think pasting in text to the body derails things?

(tried again with a campaign quality in case it was something about trying to do a melee combat feat. Still no luck)

I'm also having the problem. Internet Explorer 8, Windows Vista.

That solved it. Ugh... Internet Explorer 8 doesn't like the template for the checkbox. It never recognizes that it's checked. While I work on a fix, please use a different browser, or if you can't, feel free to email me directly at the address earlier in the thread.

Sorry for the inconvenience. These weird issues happen sometimes.

Ok... fixed. I changed the fields and buttons back to your standard issue styling and it seems to work.

The intellect of man is forced to choose perfection of the life, or of the work, and if it take the second must refuse a heavenly mansion, raging in the dark.
- William Butler Yeats
SilvercatMoonpaw
Control

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2011, 03:45:08 PM »

Hey, which name I gave when I made the account is shown as the author?
veector
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2011, 03:56:54 PM »

Hey, which name I gave when I made the account is shown as the author?

Normally when I receive the email with the submission, the field labeled "Name" is appended.

That's the field that I normally use. Username's aren't really a very friendly way to share. You can always create a pseudonym (new registration) for your submissions if you prefer.

The intellect of man is forced to choose perfection of the life, or of the work, and if it take the second must refuse a heavenly mansion, raging in the dark.
- William Butler Yeats
Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2011, 09:38:30 PM »

I don't have anything worth submitting, but hypothetically, if we prefer can we have choose to have our usernames shown?
veector
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2011, 04:37:56 AM »

I don't have anything worth submitting, but hypothetically, if we prefer can we have choose to have our usernames shown?

If you really want, yes.  Feel free to send me a PM or contact me through the site and I'll change your "Name" field to match your "Username" field.

- William Butler Yeats
Catodon
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2011, 10:06:32 PM »

Looking at your site I notice that Ratcatcher is the top rated article (with 5.0) but it has only one vote. I wonder if a more sophisticated metric would be more useful to rate articles and therefore help visitors find good stuff.

For example average rating multiplied by number of votes might be worth a look. The current top list has been rearranged with this metric  below:

Meadicus=49
Soul Reaper = 44
Amnesiac =27
Mage Tower=24
Medieval Inn II= 18
Stronghold I = 18
Medieval City Corner= 18
Changling= 13
Medieval Inn I = 9
Ratcatcher= 5

"I just do eyes"
Author of Gulliver's Trading Company and the map of the world of Gullivers travels:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/84956575/Gullivers-Trading-Co-Grub
http://browse.deviantart.com/#/art/Gulliver-s-Travels-World-Map-294804331?hf=1
veector
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2011, 08:30:04 AM »

Absolutely. On the Pathfinder Database, the minimum number of votes required before an article gets on to the list is 3. I didn't implement that here from the beginning only because there weren't enough votes.

If it makes sense to do it now, I shall make it so.

- William Butler Yeats
pawsplay