Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 28, 2014, 08:23:28 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Legacy Games
| |-+  Classic Spycraft
| | |-+  [SURVEY] For customers of the 1.0 PDFs...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Poll
Question: What edition of Spycraft do you play, and do you use the conversion documents?
Spycraft 2.0, and I use the conversion material   -33 (52.4%)
Spycraft 2.0,  don't use the conversion material   -13 (20.6%)
Spycraft first edition, and to hell with conversions!   -10 (15.9%)
I haven't used these at my table yet.   -7 (11.1%)
Total Voters: 57

Author Topic: [SURVEY] For customers of the 1.0 PDFs...  (Read 17673 times)
Nepenthe
Control

High Priest of the Cult of Crafty

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2007, 06:14:07 AM »

Well, I haven't bought any of the 1.0 pdfs, YET. I have Agency, and will probably pick up the pdf just for conversion notes. Don't have MAG, but the same thing holds true for it, if the conversion notes make it useful for 2.0, I'd be sure to grab it...

In unrelated news, it's good to be back, even if I wasted my old name on an apparently broken gmail account Sad

Reapercussions
Crafty_Alex
Crafty Staff
Control

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2007, 11:58:12 AM »

In unrelated news, it's good to be back, even if I wasted my old name on an apparently broken gmail account Sad

And welcome back!

If you want to change your display name, go to the front page and click the "My Account" link. Under Display Name, you can put in whatever you want. This will let you display a username you're more commonly known by Smiley

Nepenthe
Control

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2007, 03:02:29 PM »

And welcome back!

If you want to change your display name, go to the front page and click the "My Account" link. Under Display Name, you can put in whatever you want. This will let you display a username you're more commonly known by Smiley

Yah, I just can't do it since I registered first under that name (Nepenthe) and only realised afterwards that there's something murky afoot with that gmail account. Thanks for the tech support, and I'm not getting an identity crisis just yet! Smiley

Reapercussions
Agent 333
Control

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2007, 03:17:06 PM »

So, go by Nepenthe_ or something :-p.

When all your problems are nails, all your tools start looking like hammers.
Nepenthe
Control

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2007, 03:21:21 PM »

'Cept it seems to have been pruned or something else. Works fine now. Wink

Reapercussions
Crafty_Alex
Crafty Staff
Control

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2007, 03:40:02 PM »

The other thing you can always do is contact an admin and we can fix your old account for you Smiley

Nepenthe
Control

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2007, 03:42:52 PM »

The other thing you can always do is contact an admin and we can fix your old account for you Smiley

Well, I know (hope at least) you guys have better stuff to do with your time than fix my silly mistakes! But thanks! Wink

Reapercussions
XRay
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2007, 02:53:26 PM »

Hi there,

So have you guys come up with what you want to do with the 1st Ed PDFs? I know DriveThruRPG was about to sell the scanned books just before you split off from AEG. You guys put a stop to it. If the scans are good, it would be nice if they were able to sell them. I do not care about bookmarking as I use the PDFs just like a book with the TOC.

Thank You,
X-Ray
Morgenstern
Control

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2007, 03:12:30 PM »

The scans weren't that good. We have the original production files and use them to basically "cut new masters" with. Unfortunately, until we nail down our print books, we can't do much other layout-oriented work. Once we solve that issue, you'll see a number of .pdfs start to flow.

At your own pace: Do. It. Now.
How about some pie? - Heroes of the Expanse
Aziraphale
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2007, 05:52:32 PM »

I have to say i prefer having the pdfs based of the original documents. It looks a lot cleaner and sharper than a scan. It's a small thing i know, but it has meant the difference between me needing my glasses or not when reading from my laptop. I'm willing to wait it out for the higher quality ones.

The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.
James Nicoll
OverNinja
Control

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2007, 06:35:31 PM »

Definitely based on the original.

Some of the scanned ones that I have are quite horrible. I understand that there probably were no programs or computers when some of them were done Wink.

"If somebody is worth shooting once, they're worth shooting twice."
"Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security."
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Donít believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2007, 01:04:05 PM »

I have to say i prefer having the pdfs based of the original documents. It looks a lot cleaner and sharper than a scan. It's a small thing i know, but it has meant the difference between me needing my glasses or not when reading from my laptop.

We agree. Now that SP and World on Fire are largely out of my hair except for follow-through, I can devote some time to other stuff, like Practice Makes Perfect and other PDFs, including the 1.0 stuff. Those books are on my agenda, but not at the top - yet.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is b
Psion
Control

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2007, 03:27:18 PM »

Is the plan still to go pretty much in-order?

Because Agency and Mastermind still get lots of use by me, unlike most other 1.0 books. It'd be nice to have those tables in pdf format so I could use them when I'm at w... er, not at home. Wink

The Secret Volcano Base: my RPG blog currently discussing Fantasy Craft and Freeport!
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Donít believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2007, 03:29:03 PM »

Is the plan still to go pretty much in-order?

Because Agency and Mastermind still get lots of use by me, unlike most other 1.0 books. It'd be nice to have those tables in pdf format so I could use them when I'm at w... er, not at home. Wink

Heh. The next set will most likely be the Class Guides. Not sure after that.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is b
hermes
Crafty n00b

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2008, 12:12:58 PM »

Although this particular thread hasn't been active for a little while, it still remains topical and, yes, I am still hoping for further development in this area.  Even though it has taken a lot longer than expected, I'm glad that the Spycraft 1.0 PDFs are slowly but steadily being released.  Unfortunately, it's too little too late (my patience wore out several months ago and I tracked down dead tree versions of the remaining books that I did not already own).  Anyway, I'm happy to have them.

However, I'm still concerned about the lack of conversion documents (or simply conversions of some of the Archer specific material).  Back on the old boards, I mentioned that it was the Shadowforce Archer campaign that originally drew me to Spycraft (Pat and I waxed nostalgiac about the Danger Girl comics and their influence on the setting).  I know that there has been some talk about resurrecting the setting in a new 2.0 form, but I suspect that it will be years before we see anything of the sort come to fruition.  In the meantime, I hate to see all those wonderful books that I already own go to waste. 

I know that a couple folks have converted the chem monsters in the forum and on the wiki (thanks, guys!), but that's all I could find.  I could have sworn that someone (Morgernstern perhaps?) had converted the psionic classes and posted them on the forum, but I can't find anything of the sort anymore.

Is there any hope that we'll see conversions of some of the material from The Shop, The Hand of Glory, or other books like that in the near future?  It's not the whole books that need to be converted (a lot of that info has already made it into 2.0), but rather the stats on the setting-specific stuff.  Help...please?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: