Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 21, 2014, 06:21:49 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Legacy Games
| |-+  Classic Spycraft
| | |-+  SFA Psionics...opinions needed..please :)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: SFA Psionics...opinions needed..please :)  (Read 4533 times)
Psion
Control

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2008, 06:52:40 AM »

Various little niggly bits, most of which I can't remember at the moment. The big ones were "How hot is fire made by Pyrokinesis in its various modes"

I thought Morg cleared that one up pretty well...

The Secret Volcano Base: my RPG blog currently discussing Fantasy Craft and Freeport!
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2008, 07:08:14 AM »

What was the solution?

Psion
Control

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2008, 09:20:41 AM »

What was the solution?

If I remember Agent333's complaint, it was something like his player want to just "heat up" a target a little with pyrotechnics (which is something the rules don't address; they just give a damage number.) I think Morg likened the player's request to something like doing surgery with a grenade. Smiley

As the rules are written, there is no provision for anything but the damage. Personally, I wouldn't call finer gradiations out of the question, but with full knowledge by the players that they are existing entirely within the harbor of my generosity.  Cool

The Secret Volcano Base: my RPG blog currently discussing Fantasy Craft and Freeport!
Agent 333
Control

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2008, 04:33:49 PM »

Well, one of the uses for Pyrokinesis is setting an area on fire. But it doesn't specify how much damage said area is taking, nor the heat of the fire you light. Plus, the fire's AP is directly related to its heat, so that actually makes a difference...

Plus, I hate my players, because they are evil.

When all your problems are nails, all your tools start looking like hammers.
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2008, 04:38:05 PM »

Well, one of the uses for Pyrokinesis is setting an area on fire. But it doesn't specify how much damage said area is taking, nor the heat of the fire you light. Plus, the fire's AP is directly related to its heat, so that actually makes a difference...

Plus, I hate my players, because they are evil.

That one's simple. Determine the fuel that's burning and find a good match on the chart.

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: