Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 25, 2014, 06:34:53 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Customer Service
| | |-+  compiled list of Class Abilities
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: compiled list of Class Abilities  (Read 3953 times)
corey_s
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« on: December 07, 2010, 12:55:33 AM »

For the Unique Heroes Campaign Quality I'm working on, it would be very helpful if I had a simple condensed list of all Class Abilities provided in the FC core book.

Would I be able to produce this list and distribute it on the Downloads section if I give proper attribution?

This list would just be a simple table with the following columns: Class Ability name, Benefits summary.

I'd like to do the same thing for Origin Benefits and Talent Benefits if possible.

Thanks!
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Donít believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 09:04:18 PM »

Sounds like what you're after is already in the wiki...

Origins

Specialties

We feel this is the best presentation for this sort of thing, as it's native to those who care to use it most (kitbashers). It's also already done, so there doesn't seem to be a need to expand it.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games

In game terms, reality is broken.
corey_s
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 09:19:41 PM »

Sounds like what you're after is already in the wiki...

Origins

Specialties

We feel this is the best presentation for this sort of thing, as it's native to those who care to use it most (kitbashers). It's also already done, so there doesn't seem to be a need to expand it.

Cool thanks!  But sorry if I'm being dense, however I wasn't able to find the list of Class Abilities in the wiki, or from the links you provided - could you point me to the direct link?

Thanks, Pat!
Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 12:27:48 AM »

Cool thanks!  But sorry if I'm being dense, however I wasn't able to find the list of Class Abilities in the wiki, or from the links you provided - could you point me to the direct link?

Thanks, Pat!

I don't believe there is a list of Class Abilities in the wiki, perhaps this is a good opportunity to add one?  I would personally put the class, name of the ability, a page number and the slot(s) it takes up.  For example:

Class   Ability Name   Slot(s)  Page   
Scout   Sneak Attack   D1, D2, D3, D4, D5   49

I recommend against putting a benefits summary, as most of the abilities can't be sumarised well, and you'd be republishing a lot of Crafty's IP.  Of course if the lads say it's kosher, then go for broke.

Might also be a good time for someone with the inclination and writing ability to update This Section of the wiki too.  In my opinion that's where something like this should go.
corey_s
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2010, 01:12:25 AM »

I don't believe there is a list of Class Abilities in the wiki, perhaps this is a good opportunity to add one?

I'm definitely going to be compiling a Class Abilities list because I'll need it for my upcoming campaign. So of course I'd be glad to share the results of my efforts.

I would personally put the class, name of the ability, a page number and the slot(s) it takes up.  For example:

Class   Ability Name   Slot(s)  Page   
Scout   Sneak Attack   D1, D2, D3, D4, D5   49

Looks good.  I was going to include Level, listing the level(s) at which the ability is gained.  I hadn't considered Slots - good idea.

I recommend against putting a benefits summary, as most of the abilities can't be sumarised well, and you'd be republishing a lot of Crafty's IP.  Of course if the lads say it's kosher, then go for broke.

For my own personal use, I'll be including the benefits descriptions verbatim from the book . For the Downloads/Wiki section, I'll simply create a different version that doesn't include the descriptions. If the crafty guys do end up saying it's ok to include the description text with the abilities list, then that's cool, and I can just upload the full version.

Antilles
Mastermind
Control

Do I look like a people person?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2010, 02:21:56 AM »

The Master Index has a list of class abilities, but sadly it hasn't been updated since FC originally came out...

"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2010, 02:55:58 AM »

For my own personal use, I'll be including the benefits descriptions verbatim from the book . For the Downloads/Wiki section, I'll simply create a different version that doesn't include the descriptions. If the crafty guys do end up saying it's ok to include the description text with the abilities list, then that's cool, and I can just upload the full version.

What Sketchman's suggesting is fine. Let's hold off on including full text. As he suggests, that's a bit much.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2010, 02:56:49 AM »

The Master Index has a list of class abilities, but sadly it hasn't been updated since FC originally came out...

Sadly, that was a project developed by a devoted fan who's since moved to Germany and is working hellacious hours for the gov'ment. If anyone's up for furthering it, we'd be happy to host the results.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

Foghorn
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2010, 09:36:55 PM »

I went ahead and grabbed it and started plugging the Adventure Companion stuff into it. Quick question for formatting stuff. When putting stuff into the bestiary would make more sense to put something like the "Phaeten Scorpion" into the index as a "Scorpion, Phaeten"?
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2010, 02:30:30 AM »

I went ahead and grabbed it and started plugging the Adventure Companion stuff into it. Quick question for formatting stuff. When putting stuff into the bestiary would make more sense to put something like the "Phaeten Scorpion" into the index as a "Scorpion, Phaeten"?

Preferences? This is something you guys will be using. Wink

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

Gentry