Author Topic: Modern Arms Book Question.  (Read 2320 times)

MOrab46019

• Recruit
    • View Profile
Modern Arms Book Question.
« on: November 30, 2010, 07:04:36 PM »
AP rounds in the Handbook says it is for Rifle only.  I only ask this because FN 57 (FN Five-Seven) Pistol can do AP if you have AP rounds it gives a 5 total to damage reduction or hardness. I would like to know is there AP rounds for pistol or just in 57 case. The same question for the other FN P-90 SMG. Thanks.

Mister Andersen

• Control
  • I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know
    • View Profile
Re: Modern Arms Book Question.
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 07:35:27 PM »
The FN uses a custom round with inherent AP. That's different from being able to upgrade standard types of ammo

MOrab46019

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 11:18:33 AM »
Thanks. I can't wait for the next mission. Going to pick that weapon up to replace my USP.45. I could not take anyone down with it. My GC made the enemy with DR 4 armor. I only had -1 DR with my ammo. I want to make sure I have a fighting chance this time around.

Desertpuma

• Control
  • Highest Level LSpy Agent 16th, almost 17th
    • View Profile
    • Crusaders Citadel
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 09:02:14 AM »
I loved my USP .45 ACP but depending on the circumstances I had a Dex based Master's Art (Dex 16), a .45 M1928 Thompson SMG, and my Reseerve Parachute in Belt.

Living Spycraft Masterm

Nightwolf

• Crafty n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2011, 07:54:54 AM »
To look at this another way,
As the GM the agents belong to the upper echelons of the worlds most advanced agents, therefore the ammo is limited only by the settings in your GMs campaign.  You should ask him or her this question.  The point of the game is fun in the companionship of friends and family.  If you feel like his super bad guys are too much.... tell him.

discopete

• Crafty n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2015, 11:28:00 PM »
Just as a heads up, if you look at the wiki page regarding the real lilfe  FN FiveSeven and the FN P90, there was/is non-ap ammo made for that caliber. They made tracers, hollow points and V-max HPs (2 varieties). This would remove the AP from the gun, but would in turn give you the benefits of HP ammo. Good for instances where you are not fighting armored baddies. 

My Pointman carries a FiveSeven and a P90, normally loaded with standard AP ammo, but he also carries a magazine for each loaded with HP rounds.