Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 23, 2014, 09:44:18 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  Middle Earth PbP, Volume 3 (In Character)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Middle Earth PbP, Volume 3 (In Character)  (Read 15082 times)
ahzad
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: April 10, 2011, 12:01:33 PM »

Kyan grips the haft of his axe a bit more tightly and says "Guardian it is my right to claim Azrik Aglardrak by the grace of the King of Erebor. If his authority has no sway over you then I shall claim it by the might of my axe and the stoutness of my heart. You do not fill my heart with fear for my companions and I have faced down the dread Nazgul. So bring on your tests and let us get this over with our kinfolk are dying by the dragons fire and claws in the Iron Hills and I have no more time to banter with a talking statue."With that Kyan shifts his weight and prepares for what comes next.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - A. Einstein
glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 10, 2011, 12:57:43 PM »

The stone dwarf growls "NO MORTAL HAS THE *RIGHT* TO CLAIM AZRIK AGLARDRAK, KING OR NO." It raises both of its hands into a 'ready' position, apparently challenging Kyan to a contest of strength... "NOW, PROVE YOUR MIGHT!"

(click to show/hide)

VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
ahzad
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 10, 2011, 03:41:06 PM »

Kyan steps up and locks hands with the statue

(click to show/hide)

glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 11, 2011, 08:43:39 AM »

With a clang of his axe dropping to the ground and a feral snarl, Kyan lunges forward and grabs the stony sentinel's hands. The two stand motionless for a few moments, the only sound that of creaking tendons and grinding teeth. Then, as they take the strain, Kyan forces the statue back a step... and is immediately forced back himself.

(click to show/hide)

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
Bill Whitmore
Mastermind
Control

Woot, I got a new hat! :P

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 11, 2011, 10:17:36 AM »

Gorbo eyes the axe, gauges the distance, then circles the contestants to get a better view while, completely coincidentally, edging slightly closer to the axe.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 11:31:08 AM by Bill Whitmore » Logged

Don't follow your passion.  Take it with you.

ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!   Ramen.
Catodon
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #215 on: April 11, 2011, 04:08:36 PM »

Thurinur lays a comforting hand on Brannadan
(click to show/hide)

"I just do eyes"
Author of Gulliver's Trading Company and the map of the world of Gullivers travels:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/84956575/Gullivers-Trading-Co-Grub
http://browse.deviantart.com/#/art/Gulliver-s-Travels-World-Map-294804331?hf=1
ahzad
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 11, 2011, 04:41:59 PM »

Kyan grunts and redoubles his efforts

(click to show/hide)

glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 14, 2011, 01:57:45 AM »

The two figures spend the next few moments locked in a battle of raw strength. Both shake visibly with the effort, but eventually, slowly, Kyan starts to gain ground. Finally, with a startling crunch, the statue's hands give under Kyans grip and it is forced to its knees. It whispers "I yield."

Once Kyan lets go, the statue stands back up. Dust and fragments of rock fall from its hands, and rather than looking imposing, it now just looks tired, and... old? It looks you all over, stopping on Kyan as it goes down on one knee and bows its head. "You are worthy, good sir. Take this mighty weapon and do great deeds with it." It heavily falls into a sitting position and props itself up against the plinth upon which sits the Lord of all Axes. The warden rushes over to its side, and gently places a hand on its shoulder. The statue adds "My long vigil is over at last, and now I can rest." It smiles, and all of the life appears to go out of it as pieces both small and large begin to fall off it. The warden stands up with a stoic expression and says "Rest well, honoured ancestor."

Catodon
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #218 on: April 14, 2011, 03:21:47 AM »

Lord Gillion falls to one knee and bows his head to pay respects to the ancient spirit now departed.

"I just do eyes"
Author of Gulliver's Trading Company and the map of the world of Gullivers travels:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/84956575/Gullivers-Trading-Co-Grub
http://browse.deviantart.com/#/art/Gulliver-s-Travels-World-Map-294804331?hf=1
Antilles
Mastermind
Control

Do I look like a people person?

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 14, 2011, 07:27:02 AM »

Brannadan doesn't know exactly what's going on anymore, but he bows his head in respect as well.

"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
ahzad
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 14, 2011, 12:21:51 PM »

Kyan bows his head in acknowledgement saying"You were a worthy guardian and your deeds will be remembered."He moves over and grasps the axe and lifts it and swings it back and forth a few times testing it's heft"Azrik Aglardrak will be sung of by bards once again. We have great deeds to do with it the kind that haven't been done since my grandfather's time." Kyan moves forward and lays his hand upon the stony shoulder"Rest well in knowing you completed your task with honor."

Turning to his companions Kyan says with a smile"Let us go slay a dragon then."

Bill Whitmore
Mastermind
Control

Woot, I got a new hat! :P

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 14, 2011, 04:42:30 PM »

Gorbo looks almost disappointed that he couldn't spring into action with his plan.  But then, his face lightens up into a big grin.

"We be followin' in Bilbo's footsteps!  'e be bein' scared white, this dragon, when 'e be seein' 'obbits with dwarves!"

Don't follow your passion.  Take it with you.

ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!   Ramen.
ahzad
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 14, 2011, 04:49:19 PM »

Gorbo looks almost disappointed that he couldn't spring into action with his plan.  But then, his face lightens up into a big grin.

"We be followin' in Bilbo's footsteps!  'e be bein' scared white, this dragon, when 'e be seein' 'obbits with dwarves!"
with that Kyan booms out in laughter nearly doubling up"aye master gorbo that he will that he will."

glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 17, 2011, 03:09:11 AM »

After recovering the axe, you follow your guide back out of the lower deeps. You could swear that... things... watch you from the shadows, and they regard Kyan's axe with a mixture of awe and fear. Eventually you reach warmer, better-lit chambers and you discover that most of the population of the Kingdom Under the Mountain is either preparing weapons and armour, or has already left for Dale.

The warden stayed behind at his little camp, and the few people still here are very busy. Certainly no-one stops to speak to you. If you're going to do anything, you'd better take the initiative, as everyone appears to be too busy to hand out orders.

ahzad
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 18, 2011, 03:22:00 PM »

Kyan looks around at his friends saying "Well let's grab what provisions we need and rustle up a cart for the the hobbits and me and hit the road. We've got a dragon to slay and I'm aiming to try out this axe on his neck."

(click to show/hide)

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: