Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 19, 2014, 04:04:01 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  Middle Earth PbP, Volume 3 (In Character)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Middle Earth PbP, Volume 3 (In Character)  (Read 15889 times)
Girlfriday
Operative

Proud owner of 2 beautiful sons.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2010, 02:25:46 AM »

After greeting her friends, Bella sits quietly at the end of the table. She picks at her elevenses and periodically sips her drink. Now and again she raises an eyebrow at Gillion but she seems unwilling to actually talk to him. She seems quieter than the Bella you knew. "Now this is a nice evenin'... 'ow long d'yer reckon it'll be before someone comes along an' spoils it?" She smiles ironically into her beer. "No such thing as a quiet night these days..."

Catodon
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2010, 04:36:23 AM »

(click to show/hide)

Lord Gillion turns to Brannadan “If heroes such as you are to address myself as a friend do not call me Lord Gillion, but Thurinir.
Brannadan Amaranth of Bree are you are the proud bearer of Vanima Amarth? I have seen that bright blade once but far across a sea of war. If you have that fair edge I would like to look upon it at arms length in peace.”

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 02:38:44 AM by Catodon » Logged

"I just do eyes"
Author of Gulliver's Trading Company and the map of the world of Gullivers travels:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/84956575/Gullivers-Trading-Co-Grub
http://browse.deviantart.com/#/art/Gulliver-s-Travels-World-Map-294804331?hf=1
Bill Whitmore
Mastermind
Control

Woot, I got a new hat! :P

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2010, 04:51:08 AM »

Fairly well stuffed, Gorbo puffs at his pipe, his feet resting lightly on the table and his chair tilted back, slowly rocking back and forth.  An uneaten apple rests on the table next to him, a gift for Stot later.  He laughs easily and reminisces with his friends of their journey together as well as recounting news of his own adventures since they parted.  When Gillion enters he drops his feet to the ground and the chair makes an audible thump as it falls forward to rest on the floor again.  Fidgeting excitedly for a few moments he finally jumps up and bounds up to the elf.

"Hello, friend elf.  I be not thinkin' to be meetin' no elfs bein' way out here.  Where is this "Galadhon" place bein' located?  Is it bein' near Rivendell? You be followin' me all the way from Rivendell, 'ave ya?  I be wishin' I know you be comin' this way, good sir, I would 'ave loved to be travelin' with you.  'aving' tall folks bein' around can be makin' things easier at times.  Did you be seein' the ravens that be seemin' to be flockin' to the passes in the Misty Mountains?"

An excited Gorbo continues on for some time describing his journey from Rivendell, occasionally asking questions but not really waiting for answers.  All in all, it is somewhat amazing that he manages to find enough time to breathe and not pass out.

Don't follow your passion.  Take it with you.

ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!   Ramen.
glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2010, 07:45:49 AM »

After listen to Gorbo go on for a few minutes, Hatholdir mutters "Mayhap someone should transcribe the halfling's ramblings so that I can read it at the speed of mere mortals later on..." He chuckles as he sinks another tankard.

VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
Catodon
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2010, 02:39:10 PM »

Lord Gillion is listening very intently to every bit Gorbo’s blathering. At Hatholdir’s quip “Easy Hatholdir of Gondor, let Gorbo Proudfoot tell me of your fellowships adventures, perhaps after you could regale me with a tale of your own.”

(click to show/hide)

"I just do eyes"
Author of Gulliver's Trading Company and the map of the world of Gullivers travels:
foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2010, 03:20:54 PM »

"he was no part of our group," dren says as he shifts his gaze from the elf to the mercinary but tell me man from godnor what brings you to the dales? surely it was not to insult a hobbit."

(click to show/hide)

Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous
glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2010, 05:26:21 PM »

Hatholdir's mirth is cut short by Dren's comment and a number of the mercenaries stop laughing and look at him rather pointedly. The Captain replies "Insult a hobbit? Sir, if I intended to insult him, then that is precisely what I would have done. I feel perhaps that you are taking offense on his behalf?" He sinks another mouthful from his tankard. "As to our business here, we free men go where there is trouble - since our business is war, we seek it out." This statement causes a number of people to stop what they are doing and listen. The locals seem ill-at-ease now that the conversation has taken this tack. "It is no secret that Easterlings are massing north of the Iron Hills, and that they are in league with the Orcs of the Grey Mountains."

Across the bar, one of the locals speaks up. "Nothin'll come o' that, you see! An' if it does, King Brand and that dwarven chap, King Dain, they'll see us a'right!" A chorus of voices are raised in agreement... but not as strongly as you may have thought. Hatholdir seems neither cowed nor insulted. He shrugs. "Anyway, tis of no matter on this night. Drink and be merry while ye can friends, for no man knows what fate tomorrow brings." He raises his tankard, and a good half of the room join him.

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
Antilles
Mastermind
Control

Do I look like a people person?

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2010, 09:20:31 PM »

Brannadan listens to the exchange between the Captain and the townsfolk, and raises his tankard in response to his little speech. "Well said! Tonight we'll celebrate friendships old and new, and let tomorrow bring what it may, as long as we can face it with stout fellows at our side."

(click to show/hide)

"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
Wolverine
Control

I want to smoke a fairy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2010, 10:04:20 PM »

The inn door opens and Erkenwulf enters. He looks tired and more angered than is usual. Looking around the room he spots his companions and quickly joins them, signalling to a serving girl to bring him a large drink.

"You know. For a town so far out of the way you would think they would have more in the way of decent stables. Finding someone who could properly look after Adelhard was like trying to beat a Dwarf in a boasting contest. No offense, Kyan."

Sitting down, Erkenwulf notices the new faces.

"Ello, who might you be?"

"Dickhead books?"
 -Patrick Kapera wrestling with the New Zealand accent
Catodon
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2010, 02:37:37 AM »

One newcomer is very handsome elf clad in flowing grey and sliver. He turns from intently listening to the speech of the Gondorian captain and fixes his cool gaze on the newly arrived Rohirrim. “I am Lord Gillion. Like Brannadan Amaranth of your company you may put aside formal manners and address myself as Thurinir” In an bid to smooth atmosphere “we were trading tales and news, the captain there has heard of Easterlings gathering in the Iron Hills, Gorbo Proudfoot has regaled us with tales of your fellowship’s travels, and I still desire to set my eyes on Vanima Amarth again. What is your name sturdy horsemaster?”.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 02:42:32 AM by Catodon » Logged

"I just do eyes"
Wolverine
Control

I want to smoke a fairy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2010, 01:40:03 AM »

"What is your name sturdy horsemaster?”.

"I am Erkenwulf, Rider of Rohan and heir to the house of Hildberg. Judging by your clothes I guess you hail from the Golden Wood. A year ago we had dealings with one of your kin. He was a fine fellow, despite his prior encounter with my people.

"Dickhead books?"
Girlfriday
Operative

Proud owner of 2 beautiful sons.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2010, 01:52:01 AM »

Bella pipes up with "Ello Erk! 'Ow's the horsie?"

Wolverine
Control

I want to smoke a fairy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2010, 02:12:34 AM »

"He'll be alright now, Bella. The stablemasters here pale in comparison to those back home, but I managed to find at least one who seemed to know what he was doing." Seeing Hatholdir, Erkenwulf turns to him "And who might you be, son of Gondor?"

"Dickhead books?"
glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2010, 07:48:52 AM »

He leans back on his chair for a moment and stretches with a big yawn, and then in response to Erkenwulf's question he stands up and firmly shakes his hand. "I am Hatholdir of Gondor, and these reprobates..." he gestures to the drunken and semi-conscious mercenaries behind him "...are the Free Company of the Black Flag." He grabs one of them by the scruff of the neck and pulls him to his feet. The man is mid-song and the verse is choked off as he nearly falls back down. "This fine figure of a man is my second-in-command, Ciryon." The young man half salutes with a lop-sided grin. Hatholdir adds "It's a good job I see nothing wrong with nepotism, or i'd have dropped this poor excuse for a cousin a long time ago." He claps a hand between Ciryon's shoulder-blades, and the man winces as he effects a mock-wounded expression. "So, since we're on the subject, who might you be, horseman?" He grins.

foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2010, 01:39:23 PM »

(click to show/hide)

Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: