Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 31, 2014, 02:53:16 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  Fallout PbP: Giants in the Playground (In Character)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fallout PbP: Giants in the Playground (In Character)  (Read 23587 times)
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #420 on: July 13, 2011, 03:18:56 PM »

"NOOOOOOOO" Alice wailed. "Maybe I can stop the self destruct?" she wondered out loud.

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the younger" ca. (4 BC - 65 AD)
Gentry
Powered By Publisher
Control

It's a Trap!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #421 on: July 13, 2011, 04:29:02 PM »

"Fuck dat," says Hondo with a shake of his head. "We gotta go. Like right now."

I'm a secret VAO Control (Shh!)

Check out Wyrmstone for FC Open Source campaigning

Have you joined Knife Rights yet?

Live and game in Flyover Country? Join Tornado Alley Game Guil
Girlfriday
Operative

Proud owner of 2 beautiful sons.

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: July 14, 2011, 05:13:07 AM »

Elsie walks over to the Enclave doctor and forcefully shoves the laser rifle into her face, pushing her back up against a wall. "Take us to the exit, before I decide to give you an extra nostril in the middle of your forehead." She pauses for a moment, and then adds "NOW, BITCH! MOVE!"

(click to show/hide)

glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: July 15, 2011, 12:33:27 PM »

You follow the harangued Enclave doctor as she leads you and the survivors up and out of Robotics and into the Forward Cargo Bay. Hondo carries one of the injured men slung over one shoulder, and Marcus another. Frank brings up the rear, while Alice and Elsie walk point with humming laser death at the ready for anyone who decides to interfere.

Twice, distant explosions rattle the deck, sending it pitching wildly from side-to-side. As you enter a room labelled 'Forward Emergency Suite', there is a deafening explosion and the whole vessel rocks so violently that you are all tossed around like rag dolls. Alarms sound, and red lights spin and flash overhead. Over the rumbling and crashing the doctor yells
"That's a collision! Fuck, we hit something!" You stagger forward, noting that there are spaces for 12 escape capsules here; 6 on either side. However, the 12 sealed bulkhead doors (with yellow-and-black diagonal stripes) indicates the worst possible scenario - they're gone. All of them. They have already launched.

Emily immediately raises her hands and shrieks at Elsie
"NO! Don't shoot! Please!"

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 12:35:13 PM by glimmerrat » Logged

VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
Antilles
Mastermind
Control

Do I look like a people person?

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: July 15, 2011, 01:29:19 PM »

Frank moves up towards Emily and Elsie, and sort-of steps between them. With as much reassurance as he can muster right now, he tells the nearly panicked doctor "We ain't gonna shoot you just 'cause the escape pods are all gone. But unless someone's got a bright idea as to getting off this boat right now it won't matter, as the crash'll probably kill us all. Now, you're a doctor and presumably clever as all hell, got any bright ideas?"

"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #425 on: July 15, 2011, 02:52:27 PM »

Alice sulked in the corner, tapping away at the terminal.  "I told you we should have checked.  But there are more pods on the dorsal escape room."

[Edited for new info.]
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 06:16:08 AM by MilitiaJim » Logged

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
Bill Whitmore
Mastermind
Control

Woot, I got a new hat! :P

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: July 15, 2011, 08:35:22 PM »

Marcus kneels, lowers his head, closes his eyes, puts his hands together and begins to speak softly...to himself?

Don't follow your passion.  Take it with you.

ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!   Ramen.
Gentry
Powered By Publisher
Control

It's a Trap!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #427 on: July 16, 2011, 08:52:18 PM »

"Fuck, mang," Hondo murmurs, kicking idly at a bulkhead in frustration. 

I'm a secret VAO Control (Shh!)

Check out Wyrmstone for FC Open Source campaigning

Have you joined Knife Rights yet?

Live and game in Flyover Country? Join Tornado Alley Game Guil
Girlfriday
Operative

Proud owner of 2 beautiful sons.

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: July 17, 2011, 05:16:07 AM »

Elsie listens to Alice, then looks at Emily with a 'well, bitch?' expression.

glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: July 22, 2011, 06:08:51 AM »

After a frantic dash through rattling, darkened corridors, you climb a wildly-rocking stairwell and emerge into what could only be the hangar. It’s a good job too, as Marcus and Hondo are starting to look tired from dragging/carrying Andy and John’s dead weight (no pun intended…). This massive chamber is hundreds of feet long, and easily as wide and as tall as forward engineering. Nearby are three military vertibirds. Two are in pieces, and the parts have been scattered across half of the hangar area, but the third looks like its actually in fairly good condition.

You follow Emily as she weaves across the deck toward a set of 12 escape pods, but before you even get there you can see from the closed hatches that they have all already launched. Emily shouts
“SHIT!” and runs across the hangar deck toward a set of identical launch tubes on the other side. Naturally, with your recent run of luck, the other 12 are gone too. Looks like you’re too late. Emily clenches her fists, shaking with barely-suppressed rage, and a moment later, she screams “BASTARDS! They left me! They left me behind! And now I’m gonna die!”

Vlad, already on the ropes from his father’s recent demise, begins gibbering uncontrollably in a language that none of you understand, and Kate faints dead away, barely caught in time by Sharon as she sags limply to the deck. John hugs his wife and child close, and Joey bursts into tears. Annabelle puts and arm around him and sighs dejectedly, obviously coming to terms with her fate rather quickly.

Emily suddenly wheels around and spits a stream of expletives at Elsie.
“Come on then, bitch! Do it! FUCKING DO IT! Ohhh yeah, a bumper day for the wastes today – instead of banging together rocks in the gutter, you get to shoot a bona fide surgeon!” She throws her arms out to the sides, preparing for the shot.

VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
Antilles
Mastermind
Control

Do I look like a people person?

View Profile
« Reply #430 on: July 22, 2011, 08:41:47 AM »

As people skids to break down over the lack of escape pods, Franklin points to the seemingly intact vertibird and shouts to Alice. "Get that thing started!" He doesn't bother phrasing it as a question, as as far as he can see, it's their last chance to get out of this thing before it hits the ground.

When the civilians break down and Emily starts shouting, Frank feels his anger taking over again, but bites it down knowing it won't do any good right now. Nonetheless, when he strides over to Emily finishes shouting at Elise he looks like he's about to put his fist through her face. In an act of great restraint, he only gives her a mild slap on the back of her head.
"Nobody's shooting anybody, got it?" At this point he's talking loud enough for the civilians to hear him clearly. "We ain't dead yet, that means we got options. We just gotta find them, and standing around shouting or whatever ain't doing nothing but ensure we die here. Now get your head on straight and start thinkin' instead'a panicking!"

His piece said and with luck understood, he moves over to Elsie and leans in close to whisper in her ear: "I know you don't like her, but the way I figure she is too valuable to kill. A trained doctor would do much to help these people, she can pay off some of her debt to them like that. Keep pointin' a gun at her if you like, just... don't kill her, ok?"

He remains standing vaguely between Elsie and Emily, hoping the situation will defuse somewhat and waiting for Alice to hopefully start the vertibird.

"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #431 on: July 22, 2011, 09:00:46 AM »

Still sniffling at the impending loss of her airship, Alice scanned the hanger.  Her eyes landed on the functioning vertibird.  "Ooooh."  She looked around.  "Guys, who wants to fly out of here?"

Taking Franklin's shout as assent, she cradled Lady Joan and bounded towards the intact vertibird on a pillar of thrust.

(click to show/hide)

Gentry