Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 21, 2014, 04:03:41 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  Fallout PbP: Giants in the Playground (In Character)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 32 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fallout PbP: Giants in the Playground (In Character)  (Read 23405 times)
Bill Whitmore
Mastermind
Control

Woot, I got a new hat! :P

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2010, 01:20:32 PM »

"Oh, one last question, I almost forgot.  What day of the week is it, now?"

After speaking with Graham about the children and telling him that he and his friends would go look for them, Marcus heads outside to join the others and go over the information that was discovered.

"I say we go to where they were last seen, search the area for any signs of what may have happened to them and then head towards the tangle.  If nothing accosts us as we approach the tangle, search just outside of it, see if we can find where they entered and then try to track them inwards."

(click to show/hide)

Don't follow your passion.  Take it with you.

ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!   Ramen.
Gentry
Powered By Publisher
Control

It's a Trap!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2010, 01:28:17 PM »

"Marcus' plan's a good one," says Hondo. "Let's start from there."

I'm a secret VAO Control (Shh!)

Check out Wyrmstone for FC Open Source campaigning

Have you joined Knife Rights yet?

Live and game in Flyover Country? Join Tornado Alley Game Guil
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2010, 01:33:18 PM »

"Hey Elsie, can Tex do that tracking thing?"  Alice turned to the Sheriff. "Any chance there is something that smells like one of them you can get your hands on?"

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the younger" ca. (4 BC - 65 AD)
glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2010, 12:01:15 PM »

Later on that day (Thursday, by the way, after you've managed to snag one of the kids' socks...), you leave the Republic's headquarters and walk out to barricade number two. Sitting on the junction of 5th Avenue and East 34th Street, it turns out to be a substantially well-equipped field outpost. Stacked sandbags reinforced with welded plates of sheet steel - that has obviously been scavenged from wrecked vehicles - surround a tripod-mounted heavy machinegun position. The HMG is flanked by a pair of laser turrets that sit atop scaffolding protected by more sandbags and metal plates, and the outpost itself is crewed by five men wearing fatigues and body armor.

As you enter the field outpost, you notice a slightly dirty pre-war rocket launcher set off to one side, laying atop a dark green case that is marked 'WARNING! HIGH EXPLOSIVE!'.

The men on guard duty are surprisingly helpful, and one of them points out that he actually saw the kids heading north, away from the Republic border. Both were carrying packed canvass backpacks and wearing coats, and when he called to them they looked panicked and ran. By the time he got down the street to the junction, they were long gone. He seems to feel that the whole situation is his fault.

VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2010, 01:31:19 PM »

While her friends inquired of the guards, Alice hovered over the weapons, her hands behind her on Lady Joan's stock, but disassembling them with her eyes.

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
Gentry
Powered By Publisher
Control

It's a Trap!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2010, 01:32:44 PM »

"Backpacks?" asks Hondo, looking to his friends. "Did anybody we've talked to so far say anything about the kids packing for a trip or whatever?"

I'm a secret VAO Control (Shh!)

Check out Wyrmstone for FC Open Source campaigning

Have you joined Knife Rights yet?

Live and game in Flyover Country? Join Tornado Alley Game Guil
Antilles
Mastermind
Control

Do I look like a people person?

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2010, 03:58:24 PM »

Franklin shrugs, having shown remarkably little emotional interest in the missing children. "Maybe the kids ran away, or the other kids egged them to stay the night or something. Let's ask them if we find them, yeah?"

"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
Bill Whitmore
Mastermind
Control

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2010, 04:24:26 PM »

Marcus will put a reassuring hand on the guards shoulder.  "Don't worry, sir.  We'll find them.  Elsie, why don't you and Tex join me over there, and see if we can find their trail."

Girlfriday
Operative

Proud owner of 2 beautiful sons.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2010, 01:46:07 AM »

Elsie grins. "Come on Tex, time to earn your keep!" The tiny brown chihuahua yaps at her in approval.

glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2010, 08:12:07 AM »

As Marcus, Elsie and Tex start searching for the trail left by the two kids, one of the guards continues to speak to Hondo. "Yeah, they looked like they were going for a walk, and they didn't expect to get where they were going any time soon, if you get my meaning." In the background, Tex sniffs and snuffles around urgently... until he finds something interesting enough to pee on.

After deciding that Tex really isn't going to pick up a trail around here, you opt to start walking. The guards warn you that its about two miles to the edge of the Tangle, or just over twenty blocks dependant on the time of year. They also tell you that the blocks surrounding the forest have been almost completely reduced to rubble by the effects of the voraciously expanding wilderness.

The first leg of the walk is relatively easy, as it seems that the Republic has scavenged nearly every automobile, intact pane of glass and piece of scaffolding for about five blocks in all directions. The few cars that remain have been pretty thoroughly stripped right down to the chassis. After half an hour or so, you come across the remains of something that the Brotherhood guys mentioned before: New York Public Library. As you cross the front of the building, you step over rusted and ruined bicycles. The wind blows the pages of scorched books past you, and you all quickly notice the small group of people stood at the bottom of the steps. They are accompanied by a floating robot who looks a lot like Sparks, and one of them gives you a polite nod. They are all watching you warily.

VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2010, 09:46:31 AM »

Alice started to bounce when she saw the robot. "They've got a bot!  I think it's a Mister Gutsy!  We Have to go over and talk to them!"

Bill Whitmore
Mastermind
Control

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2010, 04:11:00 PM »

"I agree with your assessment, if not your reasoning.  They may have seen or heard something of the children.  I'll go talk to them."

(click to show/hide)

Antilles
Mastermind
Control

Do I look like a people person?

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2010, 04:26:21 PM »

Franklin keeps back, knowing full well people occasionally think he's a bit creepy. He does make a point to keep an eye on them at all times, ready to rush in if things turn bad.

"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
Gentry