Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 31, 2014, 03:18:27 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  Fallout PbP: Giants in the Playground (In Character)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 32 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fallout PbP: Giants in the Playground (In Character)  (Read 22224 times)
Antilles
Mastermind
Control

Do I look like a people person?

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2010, 02:30:16 PM »

When Alice's done, Franklin informs the clerk "Franklin Gennaro. I cook, pretty good at lifting, climbing and such, and pretty good with an axe."

"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
Bill Whitmore
Mastermind
Control

Woot, I got a new hat! :P

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2010, 05:13:17 PM »

"The name is Marcus Smith and I pretty much do anything that needs to get done, usually the kinds of things no one else wants to do."

Don't follow your passion.  Take it with you.

ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!   Ramen.
glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2010, 01:55:41 AM »

After you're all done, Jim introduces himself and the other Brotherhood members, while Graham dilligently enters the details onto his computer. As soon as you're all done, he gives you a satisfied smile and says "Right! let's run a search algorithm or two, and see which jobs we have..." He types a command and hits return, then sits staring at the screen for a few moments as the hard drive crackles away to itself. "Sorry - been a while since she's had a patch..." When the search is done, he responds with an "Ah-ha!" and sits back in his chair.

"Ok, it appears that we have a few things available that would suit you all. You Brotherhood types are technically-inclined, and we have some machinery in the... um... 'basement'... that needs looking at." Jim and Ruth give each other guarded smiles and Heather high-fives Greg. "Ordinarilly i'd say Alyssandra would be better used downstairs too, but the computer seems to think that you'd be better off with these guys as you're not in this Brotherhood group?" He gestures with his hands whilst talking. "The rest of you will need to go for a short walk, but i'll let you check the details for yourselves on the jobs board." He points at a 6 ft. long cork board nailed to the wall next to the door. "If you guys read up on the details while I take the others downstairs, i'll be back in 5-10 minutes."

After the others leave, you move to read the notice. There are half-a-dozen job notifications here, and most seem to involve volunteering for extra rotation on street cleanup or guard duty. However, the one that you're looking for is on a (relatively) fresh piece of paper.

Note, pinned on ‘jobs’ board
“On Tuesday this week, Joey and Annabelle Wilke were seen playing beyond Barricade #2. They were reported missing by their parents later that day, and after interviewing their peers it has been determined that they have most likely traveled north to the Tangle. A bounty of 100 caps per child is available for the safe return of one or both children. Half of this sum will be payable upon their return if one or both of the children are deceased. Sheriff Armstrong has more details for those who are interested.”

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 01:58:21 AM by glimmerrat » Logged

VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
Girlfriday
Operative

Proud owner of 2 beautiful sons.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2010, 02:00:06 AM »

After reading the note, Elsie gasps and puts a hand to her mouth. "Those poor children! We should help them, Tex..." The chihuahua sits obediently at her feet, his tail thrumming out a beat on the floor as he looks up at her.

Bill Whitmore
Mastermind
Control

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2010, 03:00:57 AM »

"I agree, we must see them returned.  Children are quite literally the best hope for humanity's future they must be protected to the best of our ability."

MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2010, 10:56:07 AM »

Alice leaned back in the chair and scratched her head with the hand not holding Lady Joan upright.  "Tuesday?  The Tangle?  Maybe we can find some stuff along with the kids?  Find enough to cover laundry and a bath?  Tex can find 'em right?"

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the younger" ca. (4 BC - 65 AD)
Gentry
Powered By Publisher
Control

It's a Trap!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2010, 04:07:00 PM »

"What's the Tangle?" asks Hondo.

I'm a secret VAO Control (Shh!)

Check out Wyrmstone for FC Open Source campaigning

Have you joined Knife Rights yet?

Live and game in Flyover Country? Join Tornado Alley Game Guil
Antilles
Mastermind
Control

Do I look like a people person?

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2010, 09:29:55 AM »

"I'm guessing Sheriff Armstrong could answer that. Shall we go find the good sheriff?"

"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2010, 09:33:26 AM »

"That probably is a good idea, if we're going to go there and look for these kids."

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2010, 10:10:50 AM »

You find the Sheriff out front, stood under a canopy attached to the front of the building. The olive color makes it looks like it is made from an old army tent, and stinging grit patters off your faces as it flaps in the breeze. He holds the plasma rifle across his body, cradled in his arms in a rest position as he sits, watching the street from a rusted garden chair. As you approach he turns his head in your direction and raises an eyebrow. "Can I help you folks?"

VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2010, 10:22:00 AM »

Alice stood beside Elsie, planning on letting her friend do the talking, Joan's barrel rising over her shoulder like a backbanner, her released hair blowing in the breeze.  She ogled the Sheriff's plasma rifle while she fidgeted with her helmet.

Bill Whitmore
Mastermind
Control

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2010, 02:39:22 PM »

As the others mention talking to the sheriff, Marcus adds, "Good idea, see if you can find out what he knows.  Graham said he'd be back shortly, I'll wait here for him and find out if he has anything to add about the job as well."

(click to show/hide)

Gentry