Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 22, 2014, 07:48:30 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  Fallout PbP: Giants in the Playground (In Character)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 32 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fallout PbP: Giants in the Playground (In Character)  (Read 24204 times)
glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« on: November 11, 2010, 02:43:09 PM »

Old Manhattan
March 12th, 2250; 1230 hrs
Soundtrack

It's taken nearly two months of wandering the wastes to find a hint of civilization, but finally, you've succeeded. You've spoken to several survivor communities - including several weeks spent with your favourite Ny City mirelurk hunters - and even had words with a gang who call themselves the Rangers. You've had to navigate partially flooded subway tunnels, and dodge the occasional group of slavers, ravening ghouls and who-knows-what else during your search.

The Empire State Building is a magnificent sight, and none of you realized that a building could be so darn tall. After passing one of the Empire State Republics four heavily-armed guard posts, you find yourselves walking along a startlingly well-swept 5th Avenue. There are no vehicle wrecks here, and the buildings, despite a lack of windows on the lower floors, are in good condition.

Men, women and children appear to be going about thier daily lives, passing between several inhabited buildings around the base of the great skyscraper, and those of you who care to look up see a rather odd-looking vessel apparently moored to the spire at the very top. Marksmen armed with assorted weaponry watch you from several rooftops, and the security checkpoint carried enough weaponry to outfit a small army. There must be a lot of people living here...

The Scribes are all, of course, very excited. It has been suggested that the Republic's success has been due in no small part to the fact that it is based around a large Vault under the Empire State Building's foundations. If this is true, then they may have access to a lot of advanced tech. They also apparently rent out rooms to those who are prepared to behave themselves, and it has to be better than some of the shitholes you've slept in recently.

Tattered, yet obviously well cared-for flags flank the entrance, and as you are stopped by a security team in the lobby, you can't help but marvel at the place. A man dressed in body armor and carrying an energy weapon of some sort approaches you and stops. He flatly states
"Stop right there. I don't know what those lolly-gagging slackers on the barricades told you, but let me be absolutely clear from the get-go: these are my people. This is my home. Do anything to put either in jeopardy, and i'll fucking end you. Clear?" His scarred face lends him the look of a hardened soldier. "Now, are you petitioning for rooms, or looking for work?" His response isn't the worst you've had recently, and he hasn't just tried to kack you right off the bat, so there's a big plus. He looks like he wants an answer.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 02:47:23 PM by glimmerrat » Logged

VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
Girlfriday
Operative

Proud owner of 2 beautiful sons.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 02:49:03 PM »

Elsie nods at his statements. "Yes, and probably." She smiles sweetly. "So, where do we go next, and who do we speak to?"

Bill Whitmore
Mastermind
Control

Woot, I got a new hat! :P

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 03:32:04 PM »

"That you my good sir.  My companions and I would appreciate any help you could provide on rooms, work or food.  I mean, a man can live on Mirelurk cakes..."

Don't follow your passion.  Take it with you.

ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!   Ramen.
Antilles
Mastermind
Control

Do I look like a people person?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 03:35:19 PM »

Franklin stands at the back, glowering at the man but letting Elsie do the talking. He's feeling like punching mr. tough guy in the face, but then again since leaving the vault most people have looked like they could use a good beating, and it's getting harder and harder to resist that temptation. But for now he'll stay in the background, keeping his anger in check until he gets a chance to unleash it.

"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 04:07:17 PM »

Alice stood behind Elsie, ogling the man's energy rifle and only vaguely listening to his admonition.

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the younger" ca. (4 BC - 65 AD)
Gentry
Powered By Publisher
Control

It's a Trap!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 07:17:31 PM »

Hondo has nothing to say. The thought of an actual bed dances in his mind.

I'm a secret VAO Control (Shh!)

Check out Wyrmstone for FC Open Source campaigning

Have you joined Knife Rights yet?

Live and game in Flyover Country? Join Tornado Alley Game Guil
glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2010, 04:43:06 AM »

He glances over you all with more than a little suspicion, as he gestures at a door off to your right. "Recruitment's through there. You want to live here, you have to complete at least one successful job before the Council will consider your application."

You follow his directions into a large wood-panelled room with a high ceiling and many old-fashioned tables. Oil paintings that have seen better days adorn the walls, and sat behind a counter is an older man with thinning white hair and a face creased with laughter lines. He stands up as you enter, and you see that he is wearing well-worn denim dungarees and a hand-knitted sweater. "Ah, good afternoon and welcome to the Republic Recruitment Center. That's a grandiose name for the room where we post the jobs up..." he adds conspiratorialy. "My names Graham, and i'm the recruitment officer here." He seems a lot more friendly than the guy outside. "So, you're here for work, right?" A few mumbled confirmations follow, and he nods enthusiatically with a smile. "Ok then... if you all take a seat we can add you to out system..." he pats the top of a softly glowing computer monitor "...and see if we have anything that suits your skill set."

VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
Gentry