Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 31, 2014, 05:32:37 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  Would You Like To Play A (Board) Game?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Would You Like To Play A (Board) Game?  (Read 1016 times)
Antilles
Mastermind
Control

Do I look like a people person?

View Profile
« on: October 11, 2010, 12:26:57 AM »

Specifically, Betrayal at House on the Hill. No, not an rpg scenario based on it, the actual board game, only in PbP format. Yes, I know the sub-forum's nominally for running Crafty games, but I figure there's room for an experimental, 'off-topic' game or two. Basically this is my favorite board game ever, and I get far too few chances to play it, so I'm willing to try PbP to get a chance to play it more.

If you haven't played Betrayal at House on the Hill, here's the official description:

Betrayal at House on the Hill quickly builds suspense and excitement as players explore a haunted mansion of their own design, encountering spirits and frightening omens that foretell their fate. With an estimated one hour playing time, Betrayal at House on the Hill is ideal for parties, family gatherings or casual fun with friends.

Betrayal at House on the Hill is a tile game that allows players to build their own haunted house room by room, tile by tile, creating a new thrilling game board every time. The game is designed for three to six people, each of whom plays one of six possible characters.

Secretly, one of the characters betrays the rest of the party, and the innocent members of the party must defeat the traitor in their midst before itís too late! Betrayal at House on the Hill will appeal to any game player who enjoys a fun, suspenseful, and strategic game.

I've scans of all the room tiles, and all the cards in a randomly sorted excel file, so besides some photoshopping it shouldn't be too much work running this. Unfortunately it means I cannot be a player, but I'm hoping if this test game is successful someone else'll want to run one too...

In any case, I'll need 3 to 6 players, and you get to pick characters in the order you sign up in. If there's actually lots of people who want to have a go at this, sign up anyway and you'll be on the reserves list in case anyone drops out. If you've never played Betrayal before but would like to try, go for it. I'll post the rules booklet and quick summary of the rules and such when and if there's enough response to actually run a game.

"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
vardeman
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 12:43:19 AM »

I'm game.  I played it once at a convention.  Is this the original or the new version?

V
Antilles
Mastermind
Control

Do I look like a people person?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 09:57:45 AM »

Original, my local shops haven't gotten the new one in yet :/

"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »