Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 02, 2014, 06:55:02 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Spycraft 2.0
| | |-+  Miniatures
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Miniatures  (Read 35869 times)
Morgenstern
Control

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: January 26, 2011, 03:56:23 AM »

I rather suspect that the Owl is a Personal Lieutenant, not just an animal companion or a mount...

That's been my solution for a couple of famous/spectacular mounts in the Rokugan setting Smiley. Planning to build them into the Specialty as a 65 XP PL.

Going to be fun painting this one up. Smiley

Looks like a great model!

At your own pace: Do. It. Now.
How about some pie? - Heroes of the Expanse
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 26, 2011, 04:11:17 AM »

Planning to build them into the Specialty as a 65 XP PL.

2 pt benefit?

TheAuldGrump
Control

Because The Cat Told Me To...

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 26, 2011, 04:34:59 PM »

I rather suspect that the Owl is a Personal Lieutenant, not just an animal companion or a mount...

That's been my solution for a couple of famous/spectacular mounts in the Rokugan setting Smiley. Planning to build them into the Specialty as a 65 XP PL.

Going to be fun painting this one up. Smiley

Looks like a great model!
Yeah, I discovered after I ordered it that it is a limited edition model. Fortunately it is not yet out of production, so any strigiologcal elf I might want can have her mount. For those interested, here's the sales link.

They also have an elf mounted on a giant eagle, but I like the owl much better. The owl is a slower flier, but rather quiet.

(Image of the eagle from the Carpasian Wars Blog. At this point there are still 10 of the eagle left, out of 300 total....)

Don't know about you, but I wouldn't want to be the one that the eagle is shrieking at....

The downside is that these are $70 figures.... Not the most expensive miniatures that I have ever bough, but easily the most expensive mini that I have bought for myself in a long while. Still, a better purchase for the money than a similarly priced mini from GW.... But I couldn't bring myself to get both, so the owl wins out.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 04:37:09 PM by TheAuldGrump » Logged

I don't know how the story ends...
But I do know what happens next.
TheAuldGrump
Control

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 09, 2011, 01:03:14 AM »

Gods, the meltdown of Wargames Factory was brutal. I am glad that I bought the Shocktroopers when I did, since I will not be doing business with the new owners. (A hostile takeover by the plastic molding company.) By the accounts that I have chosen to believe some pretty dastardly tactics were used. (As for why I choose to believe the old owners... the new spokesmonkey keeps changing excuses, and can't even keep his scales straight. Sad )

The old WgF folks are setting up shop at Defiant Games.

Back to elves on critterback - I am breaking down and getting the eagle rider too - the owl was every bit as pretty as it looks in the picture. Smiley

Mantic has some pretty decent undead cavalry out, in a weird resin/plastic material.

While an odd material, the stuff holds paint quite well, and I like them. I used them for the Wild Hunt in a game I was hired to run around Thanksgiving (which reminds me, I should put their FC stats up in the NPC section... I did the scenario up for both Pathfinder and FC). Horse poses are a bit repetitive, but the miniatures are fairly dynamic.

For a Christmas present for myself I picked up some Ultra Forge minis. I am afraid that I will not be buying from Ultra Forge again, any time soon. I now have them all.  Cry

Very nice stuff, though youcould use the Tree Woman as a Truly Massive Root Walker, well....

You probably should not use Cha as a dump stat.

Also Truly Massive is their Mercenary Giant -

Him, you probably can use Cha as a dump stat. Tongue

Their Pleasure Demon is also quite nice, but is not safe for work.

What I have not been able to find are good minis for Steampunk, aside from Wargames Foundry's Victoriana line, which is mostly historical.

For those who would rather have near future gang violence (*cough* Fallout *cough, cough*) Heresy has a bundle of their Trenchcoat gang, some of which I am already using as mages in Steampunk...

15 figures, all in nice poses, for 50 Pounds. Pricey, but good. I will be getting them for Fallout.

The Auld Grump

Wolverine
Control

I want to smoke a fairy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #184 on: March 09, 2011, 01:39:30 AM »

Crooked Dice have followed up their Doctor Who figures with a range of Spy TV-inspired miniatures, including Femdroids.

They do also have a Doctor Who-inspired miniature in the works, 'Jim Barrowright'. I saw a photo of the finished model somewhere (but can't find it right now) and it will be popular with people wanting to represent characters who like to wear WWII-style RAF coats.

"Dickhead books?"
 -Patrick Kapera wrestling with the New Zealand accent
Nepenthe
Control

High Priest of the Cult of Crafty

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 09, 2011, 04:02:11 AM »

I keep looking, but I can't find it - has nobody really not done a Commander Shepardesque mini?

Reapercussions
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 09, 2011, 04:25:59 AM »

I'm sure there are a lot of generic futuristic boy marine types that would fit the bill.

Nepenthe
Control

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 09, 2011, 09:40:15 AM »

I'm sure there are a lot of generic futuristic boy marine types that would fit the bill.
So was I, but I haven't found anything satisfactory, at least.

Reapercussions
TheAuldGrump
Control

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 15, 2011, 08:42:09 AM »

Dwarfs with bows are kind of hard to find, so you folks with Dwarf rangers and the like might be happy to see this:

Or... maybe not. Tongue

The expression on his face made me laugh out loud. And why should elves be the only ones with winged variants, anyway?  Grin

The Auld Grump

MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: March 15, 2011, 09:24:45 AM »

Dear Lord it burns the eyes.  Please pass the brain bleach.   Tongue

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the younger" ca. (4 BC - 65 AD)
Wolverine
Control

I want to smoke a fairy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #190 on: March 16, 2011, 02:15:29 AM »

Dear Lord it burns the eyes.  Please pass the brain bleach.   Tongue

Here ya go...

Seriously though, we've finally got a photo for the afore mentioned 'Jim Barrowight'

"Dickhead books?"
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: March 16, 2011, 05:08:29 AM »

This is why I Never say "it can't get worse."  (Even if this one is not so bad, rather amusing really.)

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the younger" ca. (4 BC - 65 AD)
Wolverine
Control

I want to smoke a fairy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #192 on: March 20, 2011, 04:51:36 AM »

Just be thankful I couldn't find the one of a dwarf and goblin snuggling Wink

"Dickhead books?"
Crafty_Alex
Crafty Staff
Control

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #193 on: March 20, 2011, 02:49:42 PM »

I keep looking, but I can't find it - has nobody really not done a Commander Shepardesque mini?

Infinity's Haqqislam and Nomad ranges seem the best for this, as they have a pretty similar look to ME2:

A pretty Shepard-esque pose; just cut the knife off and give him a gun instead.

If you play Shepard as an Engineer, like I do. Helmet style is nearly perfect.

For the commander who loves big guns...

Great for a Miranda or female Shepard...

One of my favorites for a Shepard Soldier...

Nepenthe
Control

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 20, 2011, 04:41:28 PM »

Those are getting pretty close, but honestly, I'm really surprised nobody has done a straight knock-off. I mean, it's not like he doesn't look generic enough for it. Smiley

Reapercussions
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: