Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 22, 2014, 06:27:47 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Legacy Games
| |-+  Spycraft 2.0
| | |-+  Nine Tiger Dinasty: The Edge (World on Fire 2014 - Unofficial Guide)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nine Tiger Dinasty: The Edge (World on Fire 2014 - Unofficial Guide)  (Read 224 times)
alessandrofranzen
Recruit

View Profile
« on: January 24, 2014, 11:36:58 PM »

Hello,

After 20 days working in my Unofficial guide for World on Fire 2014 I realize that Nine Tiger dinasty faction must introduce some special rules for the so called "the Edge". I research a lot through many D20 books released over the past 5 years and came up with a bunch of feat rules that could do the trick. So, after all that time reading books and making notes, I discovered that Fantasy craft already has some cool mechanics for edge points and 3 special feats... Then I pick all things I write and do all again and again until I come up with this Edge Rules for Spycraft 2.0...

Many veterans will find out from where I pick up all the elements and pieces of this topics, but I was using my license to improvise and didn´t test all this mechanics, so if you find some glitch or want to suggest a rule add-on please, tell me what you think and if this rules works for you in your game. Well, I think this is it... so stop rabbling about and go to show the good stuff to my fellow game controls and agents of this forums. I hope you like what I did here...

Btw, I will place this rules in the pdf of my Unofficial Guide next month (i hope)..  

THE EDGE (UNOFFICIAL RULES FOR SPYCRAFT 2.0):

“Don’t get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water.” (Bruce Lee)

Like Zhang Khan, the leader of the Nine tiger Dinasty, noticed once, this new extraordinary abilities can be achieved by anyone who had a serious mind about to go beyond his on limitations. The Edge rules apply to anyone who wants to touch this new way to adapt and evolve to the next level and wants to learn more about the doctrine of the Nine Tiger Dinasty... so, all the feats bellow are considered elegible as BONUS FEAT for all character classes in the spycraft 2.0 system.

THE EDGE
People sometimes build momentum, called Edge, and can use it to pull off amazing results that standard characters can only look upon with awe.
Prerequirements: Interest (The Edge) e Wisdom 13+, Special characters and player characters only.
Benefit: Each special character and players with these feat may accumulate up to 5 Edge points at one time and all Edge points are lost at the end of each combat. There are many ways to generate Edge points but these feat only permit to store and spent those to use certain exclusive feats, tricks and actions.

ALL IN
Never tell me the odds!
Prerequisites: The Edge, Special characters and players characters only.
Benefit: You gain 1 Edge each time you roll a natural 20 on a skill check against an adversary. You may spend 4 Edge points before making a skill check to increase both its threat and error ranges by 4.

CLOSE CALL
That… That was a close one.
Prerequisites: The Edge, Special character and player characters only.
Benefit: You gain 1 Edge each time you spend an action die to boost a save. You may spend 3 Edge to automatically succeed with a failed save.

LUCKY BREAK
One inch to the left and that would have been bad.
Prerequisites: The Edge, Special character and player characters only.
Benefit: You gain 2 Edge points at the beginning of each scene. Once per round when an attack hits you by 1 or less, you may spend 1 Edge to cause the attack to miss.

PERFECT CALM
You can muster a superhuman degree of calm and focus in the face of great stress.
Prerequirements: The Edge. Player Characters only.
Benefit: You can spent 2 Edge points and add your Wisdom modifiers to a skill check that is part of a complex task. This insight bonus will remain for [Caliber of the mission -1, minumum 1] in minutes or until the complex task end, whatever comes first.

BREAKING POINT
You're able to instantly sense the structural weaknesses of any object.
Prerequirements: The Edge, All in. Special characters and player characters only.
Benefit: You can spent 1 half-action and 2 Edge point to instinctively identify an object’s most fragile spot. The DCs of all break checks you make to damage the object are reduced by your wisdom modifier. Also, you can spent a extra 2 Edge points you know the exact stress point location in a given struture and can use your wisdom modifiers to add in your sabotage check this round. You may also convey this information to another agent, granting him the same benefit as a cooperation bonus. This effect lasts for a single use of the skill or a number of minutes equal to one half of your Wisdom Score, whichever comes first.

WEAK POINT
You're able to instantly sense weak points in living bodies and this allows you to cause great harm in combat.
Prerequirements: The Edge, Lucky Break. Special characters and player characters only.
Benefit: You inflict additional +2D6 damage with all attacks as a sneak attack bonus. This bonus is subject to the same restrictions present in the Spycraft 2.0 Corebook page 338 and stacks with all other sneak attack bonuses. Cost 2 Edge Point to activate the Weak Point feat.

PERFECT DEFENSE
Your instincts in combat are always right.
Prerequirements: The Edge, Close Call. Special characters and player characters only.
Benefit: You may automatically make one attack (ranged or unarmed) of your choice to miss you entirely at cost of 1 Edge Point for each attack that hit you this round. If the attack was a triumph or a critical hit, you must pay 3 Edge points to make the attacker miss you for good.

TIGER FURY
Your attacks had the power to obfuscate your enemy´s vision.
Prerequirements: The Edge, Lucky Break. Special characters and player characters only.
Benefit: If you successfully hit a opponent and activate a Threat in this attack, you forgo the damage paying 2 Edge points and instead you blind  your opponent for 1d4 rounds plus your Wisdom modifier.

CUP OVERBOARD
All your unarmed strikes do massive damage.
Prerequirements: The Edge, All In. Special characters and player characters only.
Benefit: You make a single attack as a full attack action. If this attack is successful and you pay 2 Edge points, the attack deals quadruple (×4) damage. If you successfully hit a opponent and activate a Threat in this attack, you may deals six times (×6) as much damage as normal paying 4 Edge points.

SPEED OF THE TIGER
Your reflexes are stuff of legend.
Prerequirements: The Edge, All In. Special characters and player characters only.
Benefit: You may add a bonus up to +4 to his Initiative if you takes an equal penalty to your Attack you want to use in this initiative. You may pay 2 Edge points to get +2 initiative and -2 in the attack, 3 Edge points for +3/-3 or 4 edge points for +4/-4. This edge feat stacks with all other feats and abilities that give initiative bonuses.

I will present to you in another topic The Chosen master class that I designed using this Edge rules and previous official prerrequirements posted in the Crafty Games forum as guide... ENJOY!

« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 11:42:07 PM by alessandrofranzen » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: