I'll be running a new Fantasy Craft scenario, Masks of the Faceless, at DC Gameday VII (scheduled for October 9-10, 2010).
Player signups start this Friday (September 17). More information and signups on the ENWorld DC Gameday forum:
My FC Game: http://www.enworld.org/forum/dc-gameday-discussion/293791-saturday-pm-river-worlds-masks-faceless-fantasy-craft.html
At this point, the time is still fluid.
The crew of the Emerald Crown has plied the inter-planar waters of the River of Worlds for years now, under the steely command of the mysterious Captain Milaena. Now they escort their charge to the bustling trade-port of Dragonwatch Harbor. Tying up to the pier cannot come a moment too soon, as chaos marauders have been thick in these waters.
After all, Dragonwatch Harbor is a port watched over by mages that channel the power of dragons and guarded by mercenaries that don magic masks in hopes of saving their souls from a lifetime of sin. What could possibly go wrong?Masks of the Faceless
is a River of Worlds
scenarios featuring the same characters introduced in Off the Edge of the Map
. Join us for pulse-pounding action in the boundless blue in an adventure that pits the swashbuckling heroics against the machinations of chaos!Masks of the Faceless
will be run using the Fantasy Craft system by Crafty Games. The game will feature role-play, problem solving, mysteries, magic, and combat in nautical settings, far-flung ports, and exotic and unfamiliar planes. Possible inspirations include Dumas, Pirates of the Carribean: At World's End, and Sailor on the Seas of Fate.
The following are the major crew and hangers-on of the Emerald Crown.
I recommend that players only consider core characters
until the group has at least one character to cover each competency of combat, social, infiltration (as noted by a C/S/I notation after the character).Core Characters:
- Milaena (Female Human Ruthless Corsair Captain/Soldier/Swashbuckler): Captain of the Emerald Crown with a mysterious past and an icy stare. (C/S)
- Thergas Dal (Male Human Strong Corsair Keeper): The ship’s hulking bosun and Milaena’s right hand man. Thergas Dal’s past is as mysterious as Milaena’s, and he is the only other member of the ship’s original crew.(C/I)
- Tinpot (Unborn Rogue Burglar): A brass clockwork construct from Nara Shempir, the famed Jeweled City. Tinpot was accidentally given sentience by its creators, and fled the city when its creators decided to correct that mistake.(I)
- Attalos (Male Human Gifted Fencer Explorer/Courtier): The ship’s first officer. Attalos is a schemer with an eye for politics and a mistress in every port.(C/S)
- Petros Laskaris (Male Human Svelte Fighter Mage/Rune Knight): Formerly a mercenary and lesser son of nobility, Laskaris is the sergeant of the marines, student of the arcane, and a gregarious playboy to boot. If Attalos has a mistress in every port, Laskaris has a wench in every tavern.(C/S)
- Naryss (Male Saurian Adept Priest): A “dire kobold” priest from an exotic otherworldly land called the “Lizard Kingdoms”. Naryss is the ship’s expert on the River of Worlds.(C/S)
- Bradoc the Apothecary (Male Pech Physician Keeper/Alchemist): An apothecary and acting ship’s physician with other explosive talents, Bradoc fled the Free Cities after the populace turned against him for reason’s he’s not entirely at fault for.(C)
- Vivienne DeMoriencourt (Female Human Savvy Dragoon Explorer): The headstrong and knowledgeable navigator, the breathtaking Vivienne became the black sheep of her family when her she grew bored with her studies and started spending too much time with the mercenaries.(C/I)
- Starling (Female Human Agile Acrobat Martial Artist): The graceful woman known as Starling hired the ‘Crown because it might give her the chance to avenge her family.(C/I)
- Rokera Tdorv (Male Dwarf Merchant Soldier/Courtier): The ship’s purser and cannon-master, Rokera is a shrewd trader with a talent for "aggressive negotiations".(C/S)
In case you are curious, the blurb in parens is a summary of basic character choices, in the form:
Gender (if any) | Species | Talent (if human) | Specialty | Class(es).
Let me know if there is a character who you'd like to know a bit about ahead of time. I am considering altering or replacing Vivienne.