Author Topic: King Konka vs. Malochu  (Read 1508 times)

glimmerrat

  • Control
  • ******
  • Posts: 3517
  • Iconoclast
    • View Profile
King Konka vs. Malochu
« on: September 02, 2010, 01:27:32 AM »
Live from the Xilien Crash Site

Interactive Map

A man in a white short-sleeve shirt and blue tie grins at the camera. He runs his hand through his pompadour hairstyle and winks as he speaks into the microphone.

Hey there! Keisuke Tsuneoka with you here over the Xilien crash site. We have two Kaiju here already, ready to throw down, and we will be here to film it all – just for you.”

The camera pans over the battlefield where a battered saucer-shaped craft has obviously crashed, ripping a hillside in two in the process. Eyeballing each other across the crash site are two giant beings. One is apparently a massive steel gorilla with wrecking balls for hands, and the other seems to be the wrath of the jungle made manifest, a huge plant-creature with thrashing tentacles and a giant maw.

“King Konka there is a former demolition robot that was decommissioned back in the eighties, and yet here he is, out of retirement. He’s been cutting a swathe across Monster Island, apparently attempting to clear the landscape for some long-lost building project that is now irrelevant. It was only a matter of time before this steel juggernaut clashed with one of the island’s inhabitants, and it appears that the jungle itself has just had enough of him!”

In the background, the giant plant roars at King Konka who stands, staring it down as black smoke belches out of a pair of smoke stacks on its back.

“This plant-thing is a new breed of Kaiju, and the Toho experts have dubbed it ‘Malochu’. This promises to be a knock-down, drag-out brawl, so stay with us folks for more of them… and more of me.”

He grins at the camera, his teeth startlingly white and perfectly straight.

Spoiler: show

Starting Points

A: King Konka
Init 1d20+18=38
B: Malochu
Init 1d20+33=50

« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 02:10:31 AM by glimmerrat »
VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

glimmerrat

  • Control
  • ******
  • Posts: 3517
  • Iconoclast
    • View Profile
Re: King Konka vs. Malochu
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 11:34:59 AM »
Clouds of greasy smoke erupt from King Konka's twin exhausts as he revs his engines. A voice booms forth from loud hailers in what passes for a mouth: "I am King Konka! I have twelve forward and five reverse gears and I must complete my quota! Stand aside!" He begins lumbering forwards, periodically knocking a tree down with an absent-minded swipe of one of his wrecking-ball fists.

Full Action: Double move toward Malochu, 60 ft.
VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

Dhampire

  • Operative
  • ****
  • Posts: 438
    • View Profile
Re: King Konka vs. Malochu
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 12:16:44 PM »
The writhing mass of tendrils with bits of acrid smoke oozing from its mouth lets out a gutteral scream in response.  Malochu knows of this beast's crimes against nature, and is here to make it pay!

Its massive two tentacles to stretch forth towards the metal monstrosity, across the river.  Pulling itself through it with ease (aquatic I), it repeats this process several times, churning up soil and grass alike.  Some of these bits stick in the under-roots of however Malochu moves, providing more cushioning than sustenance.

Full Action: Move towards Konka as best as possible.
1) Run towards Konka, 120 ft.  Flat footed (until I take my action next turn. :) )
2) If I have to do a jump over the river, or wade through it, then that.

OOC: Waiting on new positions on the map, and for our full footprint to be represented.
I aim to misbehave.

glimmerrat

  • Control
  • ******
  • Posts: 3517
  • Iconoclast
    • View Profile
Re: King Konka vs. Malochu
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 09:14:18 AM »
"Ah yes, we're off! Malochu thunders across the river toward the steel behemoth, and King Konka responds in kind! These two titans seem intent in charging into each other headlong - this will be messy folks!"
VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

glimmerrat

  • Control
  • ******
  • Posts: 3517
  • Iconoclast
    • View Profile
Re: King Konka vs. Malochu
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2010, 10:15:09 AM »
Konka rumbles down into the gash cut across the pasture, crosses it in three strides and thunders up the other side, smashing half a ton of earth aside as he crests the wall of the crashed saucer's path.

Full Action: Double move toward Malochu, 60 ft.
VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

glimmerrat

  • Control
  • ******
  • Posts: 3517
  • Iconoclast
    • View Profile
Re: King Konka vs. Malochu
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 04:36:57 AM »
"What's this? The great Malochu seems to be holding his ground - it's as if he's just daring King Konka to come any closer! Konka doesn't seem in the least bit phased by it, as he storms onwards!"

Tsuneoka leans into the camera and smooths down his hair. He then grins and winks at the audience.
VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

Dhampire

  • Operative
  • ****
  • Posts: 438
    • View Profile
Re: King Konka vs. Malochu
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010, 07:32:51 AM »
Having caught large prey before, Malochu operates on instinct, using its many root-like under-appendages maneuvering it such that just shy of its running distance lies between itself and Konka.  From there, it ululates a bellowing rumble of sound, daring Konka to attack.

Spoiler: show

Half Action: Move 25' away from or 15' towards Konka , to put 115' between Konka and Malochu.
Half Action: Taunt 1d20+6=10.  I'd like to add an action die to this, as I'm fairly certain that won't be enough, but I don't know how many we are getting or what size they are.

ooc:

330' between to start -120 -60 -60 = 90 ft remaining prior to my move (not including elevation costs)   +40' elevation = 130.
I aim to misbehave.

glimmerrat

  • Control
  • ******
  • Posts: 3517
  • Iconoclast
    • View Profile
Re: King Konka vs. Malochu
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2010, 08:13:12 AM »
As Malochu bellows at Konka, he stops moving and lets out a deafening blast from a pair of huge bullhorns on each shoulder, drowning out the roar. The air in front of him shimmers and trembles from the shear volume as he picks up his implacable advance.

Spoiler: show

Resist Taunt: 1d20+6=23

I'm fairly sure an action die ain't gonna help there... but let's say 6d10.

Half Action: 30 ft. move to close the range down to 60 ft.
Half Action: 30 ft. move to close the range down to 30 ft.
VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

Dhampire

  • Operative
  • ****
  • Posts: 438
    • View Profile
Re: King Konka vs. Malochu
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2010, 11:09:20 AM »
In a fit of rage at the mech-beast's former destruction, Malochu steps forward and writhes.  From deep within its well-pit of a stomach, or whatever digestive organs lie within, smoky froth burbles up, foreshadowing the terrible terrible blast of sickening juices that spew forth out of the plant horror, onto its prospective meal, and out across the terrain.

It the blast's wake, Malochu's tentacles reach forth, seeking purchase on Konka.  While they do strike the robeast, the massive thorns do little more than scratch its surface, and do not serve their purpose to pull Malochu's victims into it's well of a stomach.

In spite of, or perhaps because of this, Malochu's body writhes as it had before, spewing another burst of terrible acid upon Konka.

Spoiler: And so, the terrible rumble between these Kaiju begins... • show

Free Action: 5' Step towards Konka, 25' between them.
Half-Action: Digestive Breath, 50' cone centered on Konka, 10d12=75 acid damage, Reflex Save DC30 for half.
Half-Action: Tentacle Slap Konka, Reach 5+1, attack roll 1d20+30=49, 2d8+3=9 lethal damage, grab.
Free Action: Grapple 1d20+24=29

Frenzy: 1 free half-action, can be used for an extraordinary attack
Half-Action: Digestive Breath, 50' cone centered on Konka, 10d12=82 acid damage, 50' Reflex Save DC30 for half.

ooc: Sorry about the mess.   :-\ That's just about my ideal round.
I aim to misbehave.

glimmerrat

  • Control
  • ******
  • Posts: 3517
  • Iconoclast
    • View Profile
Re: King Konka vs. Malochu
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2010, 08:22:10 AM »
Amazingly, Konka bursts through the cloud of digestive juices, half-digested in his determination to continue. He bats aside a tendril that lashes out at him, and as Malochu vomits another jet of digestive juice at him, he bellows "I HAVE TWELVE FORWARD AND FIVE REVERSE GEARS AND MUST COMPLETE MY QUOTA!" The second blast of liquid foulness is enough to digest him almost completely, as he sinks to the ground, his mighty legs giving out.

Spoiler: show

Yeah, he fails that first massive damage save. Game over!

« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 02:12:38 AM by glimmerrat »
VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

glimmerrat

  • Control
  • ******
  • Posts: 3517
  • Iconoclast
    • View Profile
Re: King Konka vs. Malochu
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2010, 02:22:42 AM »
"OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! We have a victor! Genshior avenges the ruined swathes of forest by decisively putting down King Konka - with this victory he will not doubt move over onto the mainland now, where that vomit attack will cause terrible propety damage. Watch this channel for update as to where this foul beast intends to strike next!"

The camera pans across the rapidly liquifying pile of metal that was formerly King Konka. Genshior opens its maw wide and screetches in triumph.

Spoiler: show

Combat Ends! Well done.

Please wait for the beginning of round 2
VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."