Author Topic: Pele vs. Thunderbird  (Read 3878 times)

Ragnarok

• Recruit
    • View Profile
Re: Pele vs. Thunderbird
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2010, 07:32:02 PM »
With a scream of agony, Thunderbird lets loose another crackling bolt of energy.

Spoiler: mechanics • show

Lightning Bolt DC 30 Relfex save
Lightning Bolt (10d10=41)
Well that's crap :(
He'll spend an action dice to see if he can get it over 50.
Action Dice (1d10=5)
Nope 46 points of damage.

Mister Andersen

• Control
  • I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2010, 09:14:54 PM »
Thunderbird's defiant pain-wracked attack strikes Pele glancingly in the side, causing her clear discomfort and irritation but nothing else beyond that. She then alights a short distance from the desperately writhing invader, watching the flames try to claim it as it in turns tries to smother them.

Twirling her glaive, she plunges it hard into Thunderbird's body, twisting and rocking it cruelly before yanking it out amidst a spray of steaming boiling blood!

Spoiler: Mechanics • show

Save: 1d20+11=23 + 1d10=7 = 30, so that's only 23 damage.

This round, Thunderbird automatically takes
47-10-5+1d6=37 fire damage, so that's a DC 19 Fort save vs critical injury

Frenzy a second time.
1st action: Move 50', which puts Pele outside Thunderbird's reach, but keeps him inside her glaive's reach
2nd & 3rd actions: Glaive attack: 1d20+29=44, 1d20+29=47

Damage, less DR: 10d10-5=43 fire, 10d10-5=50 fire, so that's two more crit injury saves at DC 22 and DC 25, 2 ignition checks at DC 43 and 50 (I'm assuming that once you're burning further fire damage doesn't just automatically stack), and a save or die massive damage save at DC 25.

Ragnarok

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2010, 08:08:03 AM »
As Pele dives towards Thunderbird with her glaive, he tries blocking the strike with his wing, but the glaive bites deep into his flesh, tearing the wing from his body.  Shocked, Thunderbird leaves himself wide open for a second slash across his neck, that removes his head from his body.  The Great Eagle's body thrashes about momentarily before becoming consumed by flame.

Mr. Anderson, very good fight.  Congratulations!

Spoiler: Mechanics • show

DC 19 Fort save vs continuing damage
DC 19 Fort save (1d20+24=30)
made.

DC 22 Fort save
DC 22 Fort save (1d20+24=25) 
failed  :(
Rolling on Table of Ooch
Table of Ooch (1d20+43=51) followed by Arm 1-3 Wing 4-6 (1d6=6)
I'm going to say thats a broken wing given that it decreases speed by 20'  Ooch!

DC 25 Fort save vs dying (I choose to make this save first)
DC 25 Fort vs. dying (1d20+24=25) Wow, typical.  Thunderbird fails. :o

glimmerrat

• Control
  • Iconoclast
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2010, 04:54:53 AM »
The camera focusses in on the Thunderbird as, headless and missing a wing, it spirals into the side of the volcano at hundreds of miles per hour. The resulting impact creates a massive explosion, and as the fireball expands outward, it is wreathed by a halo of electricity. Lightning bolts are outward in all directions and one of them strikes the helicopter. The image spins wildly as panicked screams fill the recording, overlayed by the insistent beeping of the helicopter's controls as emits a stall warning.

At the moment of impact, the recording cuts to static, followed by a blue screen with white lettering apologising for the loss of transmission.
VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."