Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 31, 2014, 01:57:55 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  Pele vs. Thunderbird
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pele vs. Thunderbird  (Read 3164 times)
Ragnarok
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2010, 10:44:01 PM »

OOC: Yep, blasting the one spot over and over again, hopefully creating a channel for the lava.  Being the avenging totem of an indian graveyard he thinks this is Pele's place of power.  So if the guardian won't show, attack the place.  Simple, avenging totem logic. Grin
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2010, 12:05:08 AM »

Hidden by the earth, Pele's vapourous moves through the cracks and crevices until she emerges wraith like from a distant fumerole on the other side of the crater from Thunderbird's destructive blasts.

OOC: Double move until she emerges amidst the smoke and vapour on the blue bit at the right of the map

Ragnarok
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2010, 07:20:05 AM »

Here's Thunderbird's Notice/Search for the round Pele appears.

Notice/Search check (1d20+18=21)
glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2010, 10:53:00 AM »

"Ok, it appears that Pele has gone back inside the volcano. Could she be conceding the field to her opponent? It looks like it, as the Thunderbird is turning to... no, wait. No, he's scouting the perimeter of the mount. He's convinced that she's still here somewhere!"

(click to show/hide)

VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
Mister Andersen
Control

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2010, 10:55:55 AM »

OOC: Is the shift from incorporeal to physical something that can be done while moving/taking another action?

glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2010, 11:05:38 AM »

OOC: Is the shift from incorporeal to physical something that can be done while moving/taking another action?

If you make it look cool, yes.

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
Mister Andersen
Control

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2010, 11:09:18 AM »

ooc: Basically I'm wanting Pele to bolt up the slope of the volcano, up into the air and bring her glaive down onto Thunderbird's back in an attempt to sever one of his wings.

glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2010, 11:40:20 AM »

ooc: Basically I'm wanting Pele to bolt up the slope of the volcano, up into the air and bring her glaive down onto Thunderbird's back in an attempt to sever one of his wings.

That'd be a yes

Mister Andersen
Control

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2010, 12:32:38 PM »

Pele glares up at the summit of her volcano. Although she can't see what the interloper is doing, she can hear and feel it... and it makes her feel very angry indeed! Snarling, the volcano spirit begins moving up the slope of her home, gaining speed and solidity with every stride, her movements occluded by the smoke and the harsh krak-a-tooom! of Thunderbird's despoilments, until she fairly explodes into the air!

A vengeful call echoing from her lips that echoes across the island, she describes a glorious incandescent arc, her glaive scything down visciously at her enemy, its burning blade biting deep into Thunderbird's back!

OOC
Frenzy time.
Full action: Run/shift state.
Half action: Attack: 1d20+29=46 That's a hit -- and an autocrit. Factoring in DR, Thunderbird takes 10d10-5=55 fire damage, directly to his wounds. Assuming he makes his massive damage save, unless he's dumping action dice on the save to make up the difference between that and his max possible Fort save (44), the chances are good that he's just caught fire as well. For his sake, I hope Glim is merciful and decides subsequent fire damage goes to vitality instead of continuing to wounds otherwise the Bird's literally toast.

Yes, I may be gloating just a little
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 12:40:55 PM by Mister Andersen » Logged

Ragnarok
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2010, 07:20:47 PM »

The blade sinks into Thunderbird's hide, hurting the mighty beast but not disabling him.  With a roar Thunderbird flies at Pele and bites at her several times, following with another lightning bolt.
(click to show/hide)
Mister Andersen
Control

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2010, 12:23:07 PM »

Thunderbird's reprisal is literally deafening, the titanic thundercracks leaving the volcano spirit momentarily oblivious to the sounds of the world. But it doesn't matter, because she doesn't need to hear him to know where her foe is. She can see it, invading her sky, desecrating her home.

It must die! Twirling her glaive, she cuts a long burning gash across the beast's belly.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 10:46:53 PM by Mister Andersen » Logged

Ragnarok
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2010, 09:48:59 PM »

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 06:00:25 PM by Ragnarok » Logged
Ragnarok
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2010, 06:19:57 PM »

(click to show/hide)
Ragnarok
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2010, 09:08:54 AM »

The glaive bites deep into Thunderbird's belly, the flames engulfing him.  With a mighty roar he whips back, the draft from his wings almost extinguishing the flames, but to no avail.  Thunderbird dives towards the ground, franticly rolling to put the fire out, trying to compose himself enough to release another titanic discharge into his foe.

(click to show/hide)
glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2010, 07:03:50 AM »

OOC: Given that these are Kaiju and i've already made one bum ruling, feel free to frenzy to get one last shot off.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: