Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 21, 2014, 05:22:38 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  Pele vs. Thunderbird
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pele vs. Thunderbird  (Read 3144 times)
glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2010, 10:42:19 AM »

OOC: Actually, Pele's still intangible so that lightning bolt would have just gone straight through her.

Edited

VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2010, 11:26:02 AM »

Pele shows irritation at being spotted by her enemy but laughs with evil glee at the Thunderbird's vain effort to harm her. Coiling a leg around the shaft of the flaming glaive that's appeared in her hand, she closes her wings and drops downwards, her magnificent heat-hazy form rushing straight past him. At what seems to be the ast moment, her wings snap open and she comers to a hover mere feet above the broiling surface of the magma vent.

Full Action: Run

Ragnarok
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2010, 02:33:58 PM »

Roaring with frustration at his inability to hurt her, Thunderbird circles down unleashing another bolt until he gets into range to bite her

Thunderbird will NOT fly directly towards her in the caldera, he'll circle down so that when he attacks her it will be mostly level flight.  If 160' of Flight will make it to her, Thunderbird will double move, then Frenzy to get a bite attack, possibly rending.  Otherwise, he'll just fly 80' towards her and unleash another lightning bolt even if she's not within range.
glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2010, 04:31:28 AM »

The camera follows Thunderbird as he circles around Pele, snapping off bolt after bolt leaving white after-images on the screen. Pele hovers directly over the caldera, the bolts having no effect...

"And battle is joined - Thunderbird's super lightning attack is apparently not having any effect! Is this Kami even capable of being harmed?! Many temples across Japan will be attempting to placate her tonight, no doubt!"

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
Mister Andersen
Control

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2010, 07:11:43 AM »

Pele watches Thunderbird and his reluctance to confront her on her home turf. Twirling her glaive through the air and behind her back, she holds out her other hand and makes a beckoning "come hither if you dare, coward" gesture.

Taunt: 1d20+12=29
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 03:53:52 PM by Mister Andersen » Logged

glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2010, 10:34:14 AM »

You sure you don't mean taunt? Kaiju are immune to stress.

Mister Andersen
Control

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2010, 03:54:05 PM »

Yes, taunt.

Ragnarok
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2010, 07:01:00 PM »

The taunting is too much for Thunderbird as he flies up to her and bites.

(click to show/hide)
Mister Andersen
Control

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2010, 08:03:39 PM »

Pele repeats her come hither gesture as she moves backwards towards the seething magma

OOC: 5' step, Taunt: 1d20+12=23, Taunt: 1d20+12=30

Ragnarok
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2010, 05:34:02 PM »

Thunderbird continues to futilely bite at smoky form.  He rufuses to fly close to the magma however.  As he bites the roar of mocking laughter fills the air.

(click to show/hide)
Mister Andersen
Control

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2010, 06:22:41 PM »

Pele scowls when it becomes evident that this interloper isn't as stupid as it appears. Dropping her stance, she regards Thunderbird with cold fury.

glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2010, 12:30:31 PM »

"The Thunderbird snap at Pele, but nothing is happening - do they intend to fight at all? Oh, wait... yes, she looks mad now! What will she do?"

Mister Andersen
Control

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2010, 12:01:18 AM »

Pele, still snarling at her inability to make this creature charge recklessly to its doom, drops into the magma vent and disappears from view as she considers other tactics to bring to bear against the interloper.

OOC: Move 60' down, move 60' forward

Ragnarok
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2010, 02:49:20 PM »

Tunderbird flies up and over the vent.  He scans the area and then lets loose another blast of lightning.

(click to show/hide)
Mister Andersen
Control

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2010, 08:35:18 PM »

ooc: blasting the one spot?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: