Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 31, 2014, 01:51:29 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  Pele vs. Thunderbird
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pele vs. Thunderbird  (Read 3167 times)
glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« on: September 02, 2010, 03:27:06 AM »

Live from Gojira Peak

Interactive Map

The camera cuts to an excited-looking man in his early twenties. He wears black-framed spectacles and has a side parting, and is wearing a light-grey suit. He grins enthusiastically at the camera and holds up a microphone.

“Thank you! This is Yuji Kawakami, reporting LIVE from Gojira Peak. This mighty volcano erupted just two days ago, rousing the Kaiju to action, and… yes, I think I see a figure emerging from the Caldera. Our experts have dubbed this being Pele and… oh, wait – is she naked? GET A CLOSE UP! Wow. And there you have it folks. The first active Kaiju this year is Pele, the spirit of Monster Island! Who will she fight?”

The camera scans the surrounding landscape, and with a bright flash and deafening thunderclap, something rockets by. The camera is thrown to the floor, and the sound of straining engines and a panicked pilot can be heard in the background.

“What the – was that Rodan?! No… quick, get the camera on it!”

The camera is lifted back up and pointed out of the window, focusing on a winged creature circling high above the battlefield.

“It’s huge! It’s – wait – yes, it’s the Thunderbird! And Pele has seen him! This promises to be an epic battle, folks!”

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 08:46:33 AM by glimmerrat » Logged

VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 05:02:04 AM »

OOC: What's the scale on those maps?

Mister Andersen
Control

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 09:07:59 AM »

The being named Pele momentarily regards the small machine buzzing near her, but her attention is soon drawn to the approaching Thunderbird. Her face, framed by a pair of swept back horns, forms into a scowl. Taking a step backwards, her form becomes insubtantial, wreathed by and intermingled with the clouds of smoke and steam.

Full Action: Incorporeal.

Ragnarok
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 04:53:56 PM »

Thunderbird sees the Monstrous Avatar, and gives a mighty challenge, thundering across the peak as he dives toward her.  Trying to Intimidate her into leaving the field he shoots a massive bolt of electricity in her general direction, falling short of her location but scoring the ground.

Move Action 80' Fly towards Pele
Attack with Electrical Bolt, it will fall quite a bit short but he's just trying to show off.
glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 11:17:29 AM »

"And here we go! Pele begins her descent down the mountain and... wait... no! There's smoke and steam in the - hey, can we move to get a better shot?"

The helicopter circles the smoking figure below, and again is tossed about in the turbulance as the Thunderbirds screams past.

"And Thunderbird opens the battle with an attack that misses completely! How embarrassing! Is it possible that the mighty Thunderbird is attempting to scare Pele off?!"

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
Mister Andersen
Control

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2010, 11:23:34 AM »

Pele launches herself skywards, smoke-like wings churning the broiling fumes of the volcano in her wake as she gains altitude above the volcano's caldera.

Full Action: Run. Flight speed 60 ft x 4 = elevation 300 ft

Ragnarok
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2010, 07:44:37 PM »

Satisfied that he has scared the usurper away, Thunderbird flies toward the Caldera.

Double Move 80'x2=160'  any extra movement goes to gaining altitude.
Mister Andersen
Control

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2010, 08:13:13 PM »

OOC: By my reckoning, Thunderbird's now over the caldera at an elevation of 180' (60' above the vent).

What's the mechanic for dropping onto someone from great height? Because what I want to do is essentially become solid as I fall and use that gravity assist to Bullrush Thunderbird into the volcano

glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2010, 08:26:08 AM »

"Wow! Did you see that speed?! Pele rockets skyward away from the thunderbird - has he scared her off? He seems to think so folks... he's circling the caldera in celebration, and I think that this has been one of the shortest Kaiju battles of all time..."

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 08:45:42 AM by glimmerrat » Logged

Mister Andersen
Control

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2010, 12:14:41 PM »

Pele shifts her wings, riding the vast thermals as she slowly drifts downwards through the smoke and ash. As she does so, a long firey shape begins to coalesce in one of her hands.

Half Action - Hide: 1d20+12=25
Half Action - Move 30 ' down

Ragnarok
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2010, 02:49:12 PM »

Notice check of http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2678393/ also gives 25.

Thunderbird will continue climbing the thermals of the caldera doing a couple of victory laps.  If he sees Pele he'll delay and blast her just as she gets within range of the lightning bolt (80').  Otherwise he's in for a surprise. Smiley

Mister Andersen
Control

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2010, 10:52:56 PM »

OOC: You've got the larger bonus, so unless Glim decides there's any environmental modifers -- I'm hoping the volcano's plume counts at least as obscuring scenery -- Thunderbird sees her coming

glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2010, 06:29:38 AM »

"Hold on! We've spotted something swooping down through the volcano's plume of smoke - get a camera up there! YES! Pele's back and... WHOA!"

There is a bright flash and a deafening BANG, and for a moment the picture is replaced by static. A few seconds later, service is resumed:

"...blood! It's first blood to the Thunderbird! With a devastating lightning strike Pele has been struck by lightning! One million volts of pure awesome! Wait, what?! Pele is untouched!"

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 10:42:04 AM by glimmerrat » Logged

Ragnarok
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2010, 10:02:54 AM »

Seeing his prey, Thunderbird flies towards her unleashing bolt after bolt until he can get close enough to bite her

(click to show/hide)
Mister Andersen
Control

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2010, 10:32:40 AM »

OOC: Actually, Pele's still intangible so that lightning bolt would have just gone straight through her.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: