Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 22, 2014, 08:44:54 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  Burnt Offerings (OOC)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 98 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Burnt Offerings (OOC)  (Read 67473 times)
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 05, 2010, 03:40:24 PM »

Good to know.  So, in my particular case:

(click to show/hide)

Yes. These cards are all about collaborative storytelling. When you play one, describe the effect you want. I'll say yes, I make a counter offer, or I say no and give you a new card. I;ll also tell you if that party gets the XP when you use it or not. Summoning more enemies won't for instance for the same reason worsening the odds won't. Making a NPC into an enemy will, or summoning an enemy from your past to make your life more difficult (but not as a direct adversary) will as well.

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 05, 2010, 05:18:38 PM »

Everyone gets free food and drink, with spices.

Those who can benefit from two meals can take two.

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
Catodon
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: September 06, 2010, 05:13:58 AM »

Paiter gains no benefit from extra provisioning but he intends to have many extra Booze anyway. He'll end with spiced coffee if he is not errr 'asleep'
Weoxgyld: Enjoys spiced hearty food and drinks coffee while talking to dignitories.

Edit for clarity: I don't expect any mechanical benefit for Paiter it's just what the old rouge would do.

err. Rogue.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 10:50:13 PM by Catodon » Logged

"I just do eyes"
Author of Gulliver's Trading Company and the map of the world of Gullivers travels:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/84956575/Gullivers-Trading-Co-Grub
http://browse.deviantart.com/#/art/Gulliver-s-Travels-World-Map-294804331?hf=1
EloiseCartwright
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 06, 2010, 02:51:48 PM »

Seafood sounds more like comfort food than filling or hearty & Eloise will be taking liberally of the spiced tea - she'll hold off of anything stronger for now.

12+3(cha) (untrained) on Blend to try and get close to Paiter once Weoxgyld has moved on.

She's just trying to listen in on him at the moment, see if he lets slip who his companion actually is...
paddyfool
Control

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 06, 2010, 05:21:00 PM »

Added something: in between trying brazenly to mix it with the well-to-do, Argan is having spiced comfort food (+2 will) and enough booze (removing non-existent stress damage) to fit in without getting too sloppy.  Which would be quite a lot, for a human.
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 06, 2010, 10:59:34 PM »

How does this work, Morgenstern?

Path of Liberation
I: You gain the Iron Will feat.
II: You may cast Bravery and Knock once per scene.
III: You may cast Freedom of Movement and Lift Curse II once per scene.
IV: When you or a teammate make a Will saving throw, the roll is made twice, keeping the result you prefer. You may also cast Phase Door once per scene.
V: Your teammates able to see and hear you gain Iron Will as a temporary feat.

Bravery
Level: 2 Healing
Casting Time: 1 full action
Distance: Personal
Area: 20 ft. penetrating sphere
Duration: 1 minute per casting level
Effect: All creatures within the area of effect are immune to the effects of the frightened and paralyzed conditions until the spell ends or they leave the area.

Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2010, 09:02:13 AM »

We're waiting on Golden Dragon. If he doesn't post today I'll make something up and move on.

Which reminds me, get your dice ready... but some people already know what's coming...

Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 08, 2010, 08:55:45 PM »

First, let me reiterate about not bumping the play thread. This is very important for two reasons. We have eight players and ten characters. Posting more then one move makes tracking who's doing what more difficult and can slow turns down because I need to figure it out and if I take the time to respond to everything it slows down the ability of the party to move forward. Second, it annoys me. Often because it looks like spotlight stealing, and it always looks like impatient prodding. It may not be either of these thing, but that's what it looks like when I see it.

Second, well, crap. Today at work was busier then usual, but more importantly my combat spreadsheet was being a pain in the ass. I'll post tomorrow night what happens after everyone is done eating and before Weox puts his foot in his mouth. I have initiative and all, that, so just be a little patient.

ArawnNox
Handler

GM in Training

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: September 08, 2010, 09:03:10 PM »

What if a couple of PCs are having a conversation? Or should we flex some writing muscles and keep it to one post per turn? Smiley

Wizard's First Rule: People are stupid.
"A great GM knows how to make sure everyone has fun, and great players know the same." --Patrick Kapera
Arawn's Art: http://arawnnox.deviantart.com
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 08, 2010, 09:43:45 PM »

What if a couple of PCs are having a conversation? Or should we flex some writing muscles and keep it to one post per turn? Smiley

Catodon
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: September 08, 2010, 10:04:39 PM »

First, let me reiterate about not bumping the play thread. This is very important for two reasons. We have eight players and ten characters. Posting more then one move makes tracking who's doing what more difficult and can slow turns down because I need to figure it out and if I take the time to respond to everything it slows down the ability of the party to move forward. Second, it annoys me. Often because it looks like spotlight stealing, and it always looks like impatient prodding. It may not be either of these thing, but that's what it looks like when I see it.

Second, well, crap. Today at work was busier then usual, but more importantly my combat spreadsheet was being a pain in the ass. I'll post tomorrow night what happens after everyone is done eating and before Weox puts his foot in his mouth. I have initiative and all, that, so just be a little patient.

With apologies.
 I had never used a forum before joining you all here at Crafty and have little experience with internet lingo in general. My recent post was in two parts because often the only time I have is the tram ride to or from work. I will keep to one post per turn from now on in.

"I just do eyes"
Author of Gulliver's Trading Company and the map of the world of Gullivers travels:
Golden Dragon
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2010, 09:05:20 AM »

First, let me reiterate about not bumping the play thread.

Could you define what you mean by bumping? My first definition is adding a reply to a thread for the purpose of keeping it labelled "new" and on the page of active threads. I don't think that is what you mean. If you want us to keep to one post between each of your posts, that's fine.

Gregory the Golden Dragon
-I'm a child progeny.
-Most children are.
      Calvin & Hobbes
ArawnNox
Handler

GM in Training

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: September 09, 2010, 11:29:16 AM »

First, let me reiterate about not bumping the play thread.

Could you define what you mean by bumping? My first definition is adding a reply to a thread for the purpose of keeping it labelled "new" and on the page of active threads. I don't think that is what you mean. If you want us to keep to one post between each of your posts, that's fine.
I think he's also referring to posting too often in general. That way, those of us who don't post very often, or have no reason to post (eg, my time away from the 'camera') don't get left out. Also, as he said, it makes it harder on him to keep track of everything.
I'd like him to edit his response to my question so it's not just a quote with no answer. *grin*

Wizard's First Rule: People are stupid.
"A great GM knows how to make sure everyone has fun, and great players know the same." --Patrick Kapera
Arawn's Art: http://arawnnox.deviantart.com
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2010, 07:41:08 PM »

I'd like him to edit his response to my question so it's not just a quote with no answer. *grin*

Whinerbaby. Tongue Wink

But basically I meant posting lots of things, especially moving on before I tell you the results of your last outcome. Also, three of you have NPCs. Post their actions and your PC action at the same time if at all possible.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 08:53:48 PM by Krensky » Logged

Catodon
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: September 09, 2010, 08:04:04 PM »

Whinerbaby. Tongue

But basically I meant posting lots of things, especially moving on before I tell you the results of your last outcome. Also, three of you have NPCs. Post their actions and your PC action at the same time if at all possible.

Got it.
You're putting in more time out your day than any of us to bring us this entertainment. The last thing I want to do is repay that effort with being annoying. Embarrassed

"I just do eyes"
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 98 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: