Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 20, 2014, 03:44:23 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  Burnt Offerings (OOC)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 98 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Burnt Offerings (OOC)  (Read 69530 times)
foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2010, 05:34:35 PM »

does anyone know where the rules for stacking bonuses are? i was wondering if gear bonuses stack if they are from 2 different sources, ie a shield and mage armor?

Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous
Golden Dragon
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2010, 05:42:12 PM »

does anyone know where the rules for stacking bonuses are? i was wondering if gear bonuses stack if they are from 2 different sources, ie a shield and mage armor?

If both bonuses are gear bonuses, then you only get the best one. The only "named" bonuses that stack with themselves are dodge bonuses.

Gregory the Golden Dragon
-I'm a child progeny.
-Most children are.
      Calvin & Hobbes
paddyfool
Control

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2010, 08:22:51 PM »

Rejigging would be tempting... both the paths of Heroism and Strength should definitely be on Caiden Caileen's list, and both have nifty first steps.  But I think I'll hold off for now - religious dedication really wasn't what I was thinking of for this character.
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2010, 08:26:27 PM »

Rejigging would be tempting... both the paths of Heroism and Strength should definitely be on Caiden Caileen's list, and both have nifty first steps.  But I think I'll hold off for now - religious dedication really wasn't what I was thinking of for this character.

Strength is, heroism may or may not be. Haven't written him up yet.

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
paddyfool
Control

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2010, 08:39:31 PM »

Fair enough.  I may ask again as and when I get to 2nd (although I was thinking the options might be Good, Chaos, Strength, Heroism and Fortune ;-) ).
vardeman
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2010, 10:25:27 PM »

If both bonuses are gear bonuses, then you only get the best one. The only "named" bonuses that stack with themselves are dodge bonuses.

Shield actually grants you 1/2 personal cover and negates Magic Missiles cast at you.  It doesn't provide  a gear bonus to Defense like Mage Armor does, so they would actually stack I think.

V
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2010, 10:33:44 PM »

I believe he meant shield as in a weapon with the guard quality.

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2010, 10:41:30 PM »

then i am going ahead and bumping up to war II i forgot about the bonus step when making my character. the second war step gives him another +1 to damage with his ritual weapon, and the spells true strike I and mage armor.

Sorry fopoy, I double checked.

They both say first step, so you need to pick them from two different paths Iomedae grants

foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2010, 11:31:04 PM »

you were correct, then i will take light I and at level 3 take war II

Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous
EloiseCartwright
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2010, 03:09:55 AM »

I'm still holding off alignments, Eloise may or may not take one in the future.
paddyfool
Control

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2010, 06:46:54 AM »

I've changed my mind and couldn't resist switching one of my studies for Alignment (Cayden Cailean).  It's good and well-fitting RP-value (certainly better than the study I had before), and should be fun to throw in here and there as religious topics come up.

Partly in consequence, I also swapped out mix-up (bull rush) for unarmed proficiency, because (a) it again fits the character better and (b) +18 to bull rushes, even just once every three rounds, was just getting silly.
Catodon
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2010, 06:59:45 AM »

Weoxgyld would send much of his devotions to Gozreh but Gorum recieves his prayers on occassion when battle seems inescapable. With mixed devotion I feel reluctant to spend an interest on  an alignment. Also in game terms I will probably pick up Force of Nature and devotion to Gozreh will form part of the in game explanation for the classes abilities (as well as his people's natural ties to the storms). I hope I can better integrate my concept into this setting as I gain knowledge (and levels) and as Weoxgyld learns to deal with the world beyond his fathers' isolated halls.

p.s. loved the world's version of tarot.
p.p.s. looks like some fun scenes coming up down at the docks

« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 07:01:24 AM by Catodon » Logged

"I just do eyes"
Author of Gulliver's Trading Company and the map of the world of Gullivers travels:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/84956575/Gullivers-Trading-Co-Grub
http://browse.deviantart.com/#/art/Gulliver-s-Travels-World-Map-294804331?hf=1
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2010, 09:01:21 PM »

Ok, being devoted to one diety doesn't prevent you from asking another for their favor when appropriate. That said, you might consider looking at Erastil.

Now, Harrowing. If you're going to buy a card reading at any point, please, please include the answer to the following:

What do you seek?

Pick a number between 1 and 9.

Then wait for me to get home, preform the lay, and write up an interpertation.

Also, if you like it, Paizo sells Harrowing decks for 3.5/Pathfinder with directions for divination, a sacriligous gambling game, and rules for entwining the divinations in your game. http://paizo.com/store/byCompany/p/paizoPublishingLLC/pathfinder/campaignSetting/35E/v5748btpy80sv

Similarly, I have a deck of Three Dragon Ante which is also good with the article in Dragon on using it to generate a character. That card game probably appears somewhere in Golarion too, along with the ones discussed in the Second Darkness AP.

Oh, speaking of cards, any fans of WEG's drama deck (ala TORG). I have a similar product for d20 that is mostly narrative in function. If there's interest I can work it in. A plot 'card' would be more powerful in narrative control then an action die, but also very limited in theme. You'd also get far fewer of them.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 09:35:40 PM by Krensky » Logged

foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2010, 10:03:32 PM »

what level are these supposed to take us to? i am thinking of taking paladin as an expert class and was wondering if we would make it that far.

Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2010, 10:41:50 PM »

what level are these supposed to take us to? i am thinking of taking paladin as an expert class and was wondering if we would make it that far.

Paizo generally expects level 15  to 17or so for the final encounter.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 98 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: