Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2014, 03:05:47 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  Burnt Offerings (OOC)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 98 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Burnt Offerings (OOC)  (Read 66887 times)
Golden Dragon
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2010, 07:12:24 PM »

Are any campaign qualities in play? Or is this "plain" FantasyCraft?

Gregory the Golden Dragon
-I'm a child progeny.
-Most children are.
      Calvin & Hobbes
Catodon
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2010, 07:18:43 PM »

Are any campaign qualities in play? Or is this "plain" FantasyCraft?

Sorcery, and Miracles are obviously in use. My brain is telling me this has been addressed but I can't find it. Maybe it was in the previous group's portion of Wanna play a game.

"I just do eyes"
Author of Gulliver's Trading Company and the map of the world of Gullivers travels:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/84956575/Gullivers-Trading-Co-Grub
http://browse.deviantart.com/#/art/Gulliver-s-Travels-World-Map-294804331?hf=1
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2010, 10:07:58 AM »

Complex Heroes - Double XP from Subplots - What can I say, I like drama.
Dramatic Pacing - shifts everything to scene basis rather then hours.
Flexible Magic Items - D&D emulation.
Greater Magic Items - D&D emulation.
Miracles (Beneficent Universe, Generous Universe, Warring Universe) - Divine Magic, all faithful gain a step, furthering your alignment's agenda nets you two action dice, you gain a bonus to hit and opposed tests against opposed alignments equal to your Cha bonus. - To encourage the faithful. Warring Universe may go away, since it might turn out to just be a bonus for the Iomedae worshipers to hit almost anything you'll be fighting. We'll see.  
Sorcery - Arcane Magic - No extra qualities.
Triumphant Heroes - Citical hit or success give Rep equal to the dice spent - War stories are always good for a drink.
Versatile Heroes - Non-class, non-origin skills can be bought for 2 skill points a rank - More D&D emulation.

Now, some game running issues.

First, don't bump the play thread. I follow the boards all day on my phone, but I can't post play turns or large posts like this all day. You'll see a play post at lunch or in the evening (my time). I'll try to post a turn every day or so, but some weeks it will have to wait until Wednesday (my office day). I may post quick answers to questions, but be patient for lengthy posts.

Second, as before, for dice we're adults. Generate rolls however you like.

Last, to speed things up a bit, when you're posting something that, logically, you think I'll be asking for a skill check, or you're using a skill, include the roll. For instance, the people looking for info on the carvings should have (had I mentioned it) included Investigate check results.

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2010, 11:39:31 AM »

Well, since Divia is almost certainly destined to fall under the sway of the wasp queen, what's her alignment write up?

Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2010, 01:07:33 PM »

Well, since Divia is almost certainly destined to fall under the sway of the wasp queen, what's her alignment write up?

Alignment
Diety: Calistria
Skills: Acrobatics, Athletics, Bluff, Blend
Paths: Chaos, Beauty, Fortune, Knowledge, Secrets
Ritual Weapon: Whip
Opposed Alignments: Rovagug, Nocticula

Velvet Wing (Medium Outsider Walker/Flyer ó 120 XP): Str 12, Dex 12, Con 10, Int 14, Wis 12, Cha 18; SZ M (1◊1, Reach 1); Spd 30 ft. ground, 60 ft. flight; Init III; Atk II; Def IV; Res VI; Health IV; Comp IV; Skills: Bluff VII, Impress VII, Intimidate VI, Sense Motive VI, Spellcasting V; Spells: Calm Emotions, Command II, Detect Emotion, Teleport I, Tongues I; Qualities: attractive II, beguiling, class ability (Assassin: bald-faced lie, Assassin: offer they canít refuse), contagion immunity, darkvision II, feat (Repartee Basics, Repartee Mastery, Whip Basics), shapeshifter II.
Attacks/Weapons: Vengeful Kiss (draining, soul II)
Gear: Superior Elven Bull-whip, Superior Elven Ceremonial Discreet Fitted Partial Hardened Leather Armor with heavy fittings.

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2010, 01:24:07 PM »

Oh, GD: You just had to ask Madame Mvashti for a harrowing, didn't you? Smiley

I'll post her harrowing of Theo tonight when I actually have my Harrow deck handy.

You'll get a free hint, and likely something else.

Golden Dragon
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2010, 02:20:09 PM »

Oh, GD: You just had to ask Madame Mvashti for a harrowing, didn't you? Smiley

I'll post her harrowing of Theo tonight when I actually have my Harrow deck handy.

You'll get a free hint, and likely something else.

I had to make a call. But ever since Ravenloft, a fortune-teller appearing early in the adventure just begs for a reading.  Cheesy

I went ahead and wrote a short dialog. I wouldn't take such liberties at the table, but considering the format I did what I could to drive the story. If I do too much let me know and I'll dial back.

-I'm a child progeny.
-Most children are.
      Calvin & Hobbes
ArawnNox
Handler

GM in Training

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2010, 02:25:01 PM »

I'm going to wait a bit before I respond to this round of posting as, at the moment, Shyla's actions would just be a reiteration of "standing around and waiting".

Wizard's First Rule: People are stupid.
"A great GM knows how to make sure everyone has fun, and great players know the same." --Patrick Kapera
Arawn's Art: http://arawnnox.deviantart.com
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2010, 03:11:58 PM »

One thing to remember about Golarion is that prophecies and divinations have been notoriously inaccurate, even for Pharasama, the Lady of Graves (Goddess of Death and Fate). In fact, not a single major prophecy has come true since Aroden (God of Humanity) disappeared and is to presumed to have died one hundred and one years ago at the beginning of the Age of Lost Omens.

ArawnNox: That's fine, I should be able to get Weox to the cathedral and things can get rolling this round.

Golden Dragon
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2010, 03:31:19 PM »

Miracles (Beneficent Universe, Generous Universe, Warring Universe) - Divine Magic, all faithful gain a step, furthering your alignment's agenda nets you two action dice, you gain a bonus to hit and opposed tests against opposed alignments equal to your Cha bonus. - To encourage the faithful. Warring Universe may go away, since it might turn out to just be a bonus for the Iomedae worshipers to hit almost anything you'll be fighting. We'll see.  

Does Beneficent Universe that even non-Priests have an alignment step? If so, then many of us will have to go back and choose a step and path.

-I'm a child progeny.
-Most children are.
      Calvin & Hobbes
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2010, 03:42:07 PM »

Does Beneficent Universe that even non-Priests have an alignment step? If so, then many of us will have to go back and choose a step and path.

They may, but they do not need one.

I realise I didn't quite answer this.

If you have an alignment, you may take a step. You do not need an alignment. The priest gets a total of two steps. If you want to go and rejigger interests, ok, but an alignment is double edged and represents dedication to a god, not just being part of their flock.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 04:22:32 PM by Krensky » Logged

foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2010, 04:06:18 PM »

then i am going ahead and bumping up to war II i forgot about the bonus step when making my character. the second war step gives him another +1 to damage with his ritual weapon, and the spells true strike I and mage armor.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 04:20:43 PM by foproy » Logged

Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous
foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2010, 04:31:28 PM »

remember that also means everything gets a bonus to hit us too.

Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2010, 04:34:58 PM »

Not everything, although there are a lot of Lamashtu worshipers in the first part of the adventure path.

The primary concern I have is that, frankly, Iomaedae's opposition list is pretty much three quarters to seven-eighths of the alignments in the world.

Although, in retrospect every deity should be opposed to Rovagug.

Other then that, a lot of dieties, even evil ones don't have a whole lot of opposed alignments. Norgorber, the god of murder, secrets, poison, and greed doesn't view any other gods as enemies.

Hmm... thinking on it, I'm actually more likely to adjust Iomedae's opposition list then dispense with the quality.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 04:42:53 PM by Krensky » Logged

Golden Dragon
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2010, 05:21:12 PM »

Only if they have a positive Cha modifier!  Cool

-I'm a child progeny.
-Most children are.
      Calvin & Hobbes
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 98 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: