Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 18, 2014, 03:58:40 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  Burnt Offerings (Play)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Burnt Offerings (Play)  (Read 44874 times)
Catodon
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #870 on: December 21, 2011, 04:42:56 AM »

Paiter weaves across the flagstones to bring the far spawn within reach of his steel.
(click to show/hide)

"I just do eyes"
Author of Gulliver's Trading Company and the map of the world of Gullivers travels:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/84956575/Gullivers-Trading-Co-Grub
http://browse.deviantart.com/#/art/Gulliver-s-Travels-World-Map-294804331?hf=1
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #871 on: January 16, 2012, 09:37:32 PM »

End of Round 4
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

A wrathspawn comes dashing out of the room behind you, slamming into Divia and pushing her back into the pool. As she's pushed her legs catch on the ring of skulls, leaving her spawled in the deeper center part of the pool.
(click to show/hide)

A second wrathspawn comes out of the darkness and leaps at Teo, it's jaws wide but he's able to avoid it's pounce.
(click to show/hide)

The quasit drags herself to her feet and shakes her head before glaring at Mandy and striking out with her dagger. She then take to the air and disappears from view.
(click to show/hide)

Haldar embraces his rage, rushing into contact with the Wrathspawn.

Argan steps in, swinging his shield at the horror, missing clearly. The wrathspawn dodges back from Argan's headbut without much effort.
(click to show/hide)

Volokkor lunges ineffectually at the wrathspawn.
(click to show/hide)

Another Wrathspawn comes out of the darkness and attacks Teo, missing.
(click to show/hide)

Divia gets up and moves to the top of the stairs.

Shyla grits her teeth as her first blow misses the monster in front of her, driving herself harder on the followup. She's rewarded with asatisfing crunch as her cutlass (I think it's a cutlass) opens a wide gash across the monster's chest.
(click to show/hide)

Some of the blood pooling on the ground around the glowing pool drips into it, triggering another boil of activity as something moves beneath the surface and a wrathspawn claws it's way out of the ectoplasm, the glow fading some more. The monstrosity rushes Divia, slashing her with it's claws.
(click to show/hide)

Mandy looks around and leaps forward, skidding around Haldar before barreling into the wrathspawn, jaws snapping.
(click to show/hide)

Teo holds his sword forth, calling on the Inheritor. The Wrathspawn near him cringe and hiss, shying away from the light shed by his blade.
(click to show/hide)

Alden rushes forward to push the Wrathspawn away from Teo, but it's paniced flailings knock his footing from under him and he goes down in a heap.
(click to show/hide)

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #872 on: January 16, 2012, 09:55:10 PM »

Top of Round 5
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

The Wrathspawn in Mandy's jaws flails in a panic as it tries to escape from Teo's presence, but can't due to the powerful dog's grip. It's struggles dislocates something as it's flesh tears.
(click to show/hide)

One of the wrathspawn on Teo scurries back into hallway and disapears from sight around the corner.

The quasit appears beside Divia and her dagger flashes before she flits away.
(click to show/hide)

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
paddyfool
Control

View Profile
« Reply #873 on: January 17, 2012, 10:27:05 AM »

EDIT: The post below may or may not apply, depending on how Divia's creative use of Combat Instincts works out.

EDIT 2: Two alternate actions depending on whether Divia's holding the Quasit or not.

------------------

OPTION 1: Quasit held tight by Divia

Seeing Divia manage to grab the elusive demoness, Argan moves quickly to support her.

"Time to finish this!" he shouts, swinging his fist on arrival.

(click to show/hide)

------------------

OPTION 2: Quasit not held (unlikely, but let's not waste time).  Actions as originally set out:

Argan moves to the top of the stairs alongside Divia, and draws his bastard sword.

"Mind your backs!  I'm going to try and shut this pool down, somehow.  You may want to get clear."

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 04:25:51 PM by paddyfool » Logged
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #874 on: January 17, 2012, 08:49:46 PM »

OOC: You may want to reconsider that action, Pad, depending on how this works out.

It has, by any measure, not been one of Divia's better days. And it seems quite clear that in the space of a few moments she and the quasit have developed a deep and abiding emnity towards each other. So when she blinks into plain sight to slash at her, despite the looming menace presented by the demons the quasit has summoned, Divia is ready. She leashes out with an angry growl and attempts to grab hold of her tormentor's tail before the quasit can once more disappear.

Unarmed Attack (via Combat Instincts) using relentless attack: 1d20+7=21

Damage: (1d4+6=7)/2=3

She also takes 2 subdual damage for having missed Divia in the first place, thanks to grueling combatant

Associated grapple: (1d20+7=24) - 2 = 22

And remember folks, CI is the feat I'm sharing via being a Captain.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 05:09:22 PM by Mister Andersen » Logged

vardeman
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #875 on: January 18, 2012, 12:09:40 AM »

Haldar, now in a rage, takes a step to flank the beast in the pool with Volokkor and swings.  If the first swing takes it out, he will leap back up onto the platform, otherwise he will swing again.

Volokkor, if the creature is still alive, will attack it once or twice if necessary, otherwise he will move to flank whatever creature is nearest and attack if he hasn't attacked already.

(click to show/hide)

V
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #876 on: January 24, 2012, 05:05:22 PM »

snip...

Ok, so what are you using to make a full round action as a free attack?

I actually like it, but I want to make sure I'm not missing something on Divia's sheet before I rule how I'm going to handle it.

Mister Andersen
Control

View Profile
« Reply #877 on: January 24, 2012, 08:41:14 PM »

OOC: A free attack allows you to make an attack that "may be boosted by tricks or other rules". Grapple is an attack action, which I think at the very least comes under "other rules" and is cooler than simply stabbing the bitch.

Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #878 on: January 24, 2012, 10:33:01 PM »

A Free Attack is a Standard Attack. Grappling is not a Standard Attack.

That said, you're right that it's cooler, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something that let you Grapple there. I'll resolve it shortly.

Mister Andersen
Control

View Profile
« Reply #879 on: January 25, 2012, 01:27:55 AM »

Well, if I can't grapple, I'll just straight out attack and hope for a crit. I think I still have an AD left

Catodon
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #880 on: January 25, 2012, 04:06:13 AM »

Well, if I can't grapple, I'll just straight out attack and hope for a crit. I think I still have an AD left
(click to show/hide)

"I just do eyes"
Author of Gulliver's Trading Company and the map of the world of Gullivers travels:
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #881 on: February 21, 2012, 07:30:28 PM »

Middle(ish) of Round 5
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

The Wrathspawn in Mandy's jaws flails in a panic as it tries to escape from Teo's presence, but can't due to the powerful dog's grip. It's struggles dislocates something as it's flesh tears.
(click to show/hide)

One of the wrathspawn on Teo scurries back into hallway and disapears from sight around the corner.

The quasit appears beside Divia and her dagger flashes before she flits away.
(click to show/hide)

Before the quasit can dart away, Divia lashes out swatting the minature demon's leg, spinning her around, before grabbing her by the tail. Erylium roars (ok, it's more of a squeak) in rage and chomps down on Divia's hand while clawing at her wrist in retaliation. The bite is defeated by Divia's gloves, but she's scratched by a claw, a cold numbness spreading from the otherwise ephemeral wound.
(click to show/hide)

Haladr has to pull his first swing at the last moment to avoid hitting Mandy, but his second cleaves the abomination in two. Mandy looks up at him with what he can only think of as a exaserated expression as he spits out the bit of wrathspawn in his mouth. (Somewere between "You stole my kill!" and "Careful with that axe!")
(click to show/hide)

Argan moves to dogpile on the quasit, swatting the demon from it's spot gnawing on Divia's hand.
(click to show/hide)

Volokkor, seeing his path to the fleeing Wrathspawn (5) blocked, charges up the stairs and darts by Argan, and Divia feels him bump her slightly as he squeezes in beside her to attack the Wrathspawn next to her. It goes down hissing and sputtering as he rips part of it's leg out.
(click to show/hide)

The last wrathspawn menacing Teo flees into the darkness.

Now it's Divia's action.

Mister Andersen
Control

View Profile
« Reply #882 on: February 21, 2012, 08:16:25 PM »

OOC: Just a heads up that Divia has unbreakable. But as she's flat footed from the grapple anyway, doesn't make a lot of difference.

For a heart beat Divia is surprised that her reflexive swing netted a result, then holds on grimly as the demonic thing has at her with all the barbarous ferocity of a trapped cat. Pain and anger cloud her expression as she makes a lunge for her hated foe's neck with her other hand.

Grapple Action: 1d20+7=20 +4 (assuming the quasit is tiny) = 24

If she wins, the quasit will be pinned.

foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #883 on: February 21, 2012, 10:26:30 PM »

alden will cover the door while the rest fight the quasit.

Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous
Catodon
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #884 on: March 31, 2012, 04:30:26 PM »

Paiter dashes across the blasphemous temple's floor and races up the steps
(click to show/hide)

"I just do eyes"
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: