Author Topic: Burnt Offerings (Play)  (Read 54457 times)

Krensky

• Control
  • WWTWD?
    • View Profile
Re: Burnt Offerings (Play)
« Reply #855 on: November 02, 2011, 06:16:32 PM »
Middle of Round 3, Part 2
Initiative
Character
Total
Bonus
Roll
Modifier
Notes
Erylium
Brawler I 2
Haldar Thorson
Argan Dain
Volokkor
Shlya
Divia Mal
Mandy
Teodoros Magos
Alden Smith
Paiter
Wrathspawn 3
Wrathspawn 4
Map

Argan delivers an underhanded stab at the Wrathspawn attacking him, opening the horror toros up as it collapses into a slowly melting puddle of ectoplasm.
Spoiler
Whoopse. Forgot the Combat Reflexes.

The quasit appears for a brief moment in front of Divia, chanting another prayer to the Mother of Monsters, her blood sacrifice splattering on the floor next to Alden where it erupts into another Spawn of Lamashtu. She the turn and looks contemptously at Divia with a sneer.

"As if you could teach me anything about suffering, you pathetic halfbreed. Besides, your hair looks good like that."

And then she's gone.
Spoiler
Erylium casts Call from Beyond I. Roll is 29, success. She then taunts Divia, roll is 18 vs 21, the quasit fails. Divia gains a +1 to hit on her next attack against the quasit.

The spawn howls and swings it's axe at Alden, missing wide both tinmes.
Spoiler
Rolls are 8 and 16. Both miss.

Haldar's first swing cuts into the demon, cutting deep into it's leg. It drops to it's knees and Haldar takes it's head.
Spoiler
Both rolls hit, the wrathspawn fails it's first save, and the critical kills it.

Argan delays.

Volokkor looks around before leaping off the platform and attacks the wrathspawn engaged with Argan, tearing into it's legs.
Spoiler
Crit wipes out WS1's tough.

Shyla manages to tag the wrathspawn with one of her attacks, drawing blood as the beats hisses in pain.
Spoiler
First attack hits and the wrathjspawn fails it's save.

Divia manages to claw the vile goo from her face and manages to spot the quasit hovering in the air.

Mandy looks around, taking in the battle before growling as he sees the quasit Divia's yelling at. He shifts back and then runs for the edge of the platform, leaping into the air. He doesn't quite grab her, but he does knock her to the ground where she bounces hard.
Spoiler
I'm treating this like a full round trip with Mandy using Athletics and the Quasit using Acrobatics. Mandy gets a +2 for the leap, so the roll is 19 vs 8. Due to the circumstances, I'm saying the quasit also takes Mandy's unarmed, but Mandy is flat-footed. The quasit takes 2 points lethal after DR, and is sprawled.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 09:09:36 AM by Krensky »
We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery

foproy

• Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: November 04, 2011, 09:32:04 AM »
alden moves over putting the brute between himself and divia and proceeds to swing.
Spoiler
five foot step and 2 attacks +6 normal +2 flank +2 bonus from card= +10
attacks:
1d20+10=25, 1d20+10=25
damage:
1d12+9=17, 1d12+9=12
Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous

Catodon

• Control
    • View Profile
    • Gulliver's Trading Company RPG
« Reply #857 on: November 22, 2011, 03:56:52 PM »
For clarity:

“Iomedae’s blazing shield” gasps Paiter when the temple is filled with light. Crouched catlike Paiter concentrates on eluding the spawn’s claws hoping to occupy the abomination until it’s comrades are dispatched. An opening presents itself and the grey privateer makes an opportunistic slash with his cutlass.
Spoiler
(click to show/hide)

Again maintain the elusive feat at max. Defence is 18. But -4 to hit.

Free 5’step towards Argan

Half Attack with Cutlass with Warding Strike Trick
To hit forte +1(+3-4+2) 1d10+1 lethal Threat 19-20 AP2
1d20+1=4
I wont bother to roll damage.

Another Half Attack with Cutlass with Warding Strike Trick
1d20+1=11
put an AD on that
1d4=3
Total 14 to hit
Damage: 1d10+1=10

Parry: vs next hit
Reflex save:+3+2=+5
1d20+5=15
"I just do eyes"
Author of Gulliver's Trading Company and the map of the world of Gullivers travels:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/84956575/Gullivers-Trading-Co-Grub
http://browse.deviantart.com/#/art/Gulliver-s-Travels-World-Map-294804331?hf=1

Krensky

• Control
  • WWTWD?
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: December 01, 2011, 08:57:02 AM »
Top of Round 4
Initiative
Character
Total
Bonus
Roll
Modifier
Notes
Wrathspawn 7
Wrathspawn 6
25\
Erylium
Haldar Thorson
Argan Dain
Volokkor
Shlya
Divia Mal
Mandy
Teodoros Magos
Alden Smith
Paiter
Wrathspawn 4
Map

A wrathspawn comes dashing out of the room behind you, slamming into Divia and pushing her back into the pool. As she's pushed her legs catch on the ring of skulls, leaving her spawled in the deeper center part of the pool.
Spoiler
Wrathspawn 7 bullrushes Divia. Roll is 26 vs 16. Divia looses and is pushed back 3 squares and is now sprawled.

A second wrathspawn comes out of the darkness and leaps at Teo, it's jaws wide but he's able to avoid it's pounce.
Spoiler
Wrathspawn moves then attacks. Roll is 7 vs 14. It's been a while, someone remind me if missing Teo triggers anything.

The quasit drags herself to her feet and shakes her head before glaring at Mandy and striking out with her dagger. She then take to the air and disappears from view.
Spoiler
Erylium repositions then attacks. Roll is 13 vs 13. Hit. Damage is 5 lethal. She them moves and becomes hidden.
We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery

Mister Andersen

• Control
  • I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: December 01, 2011, 01:56:35 PM »
ooc: The quasit has 3 actions?

Krensky

• Control
  • WWTWD?
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: December 01, 2011, 02:02:38 PM »
ooc: You're just noticing?

paddyfool

• Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: December 01, 2011, 02:40:04 PM »
Seeing Divia fall, Argan moves in quickly, swatting at the abomination with his shield before following up with a headbutt, horns first. 

Spoiler
5' step.
Attack W7 with tower shield: 1d20+6=14; 1d4+3=7 (subdual; +4 save DC).
Attack W7 with gore attack: 1d20+6=14; 1d8+3=11 (lethal, bleed).

OOC: Glad this is on the go again.

Mister Andersen

• Control
  • I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: December 03, 2011, 05:35:58 AM »
Divia repositions, and if I read the map right, moves out of the pool, up the steps, and comes to a halt next to the glowy pool.

Golden Dragon

• Handler
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: December 04, 2011, 04:42:42 PM »
I checked and didn't see anything that triggered on a missed attack on Teo.
Gregory the Golden Dragon
-I'm a child progeny.
-Most children are.
      Calvin & Hobbes

vardeman

• Operative
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: December 07, 2011, 07:39:35 PM »
Haldar whistles for Volokkor's attention and points at the spawn that just pushed Divia into the pool.  With a snarl he commands the wolf, "Kill!" as he bristles with rage, seeming to grow larger and more fierce, and leaps down off of the platform and rushes up to attack it himself, moving opposite Alden to flank the vile creature.  Volokkor shakes his head, trying to clear his mouth of the taste of the beast he just helped kill, and lunges at the one that just entered the fray, snapping furiously at its hamstring and then its throat. (I'm assuming he's close enough for a 5'step since he was attacking the one Argan was on.)

Gettin' my rage on
Free action = order Volokkor to attack WS7
Half action = Enter Berserk Stance
Half action = move to flank WS7
Cripple it then kill it!
Free action = 5' step
Half action = Trip WS7 (1d20+5=8)
Half action = Attack WS7 (1d20+7=13, 1d8+2d6+2=6)

Catodon

• Control
    • View Profile
    • Gulliver's Trading Company RPG
« Reply #865 on: December 09, 2011, 09:36:55 PM »
Paiter weaves across the flagstones to bring the far spawn within reach of his steel.
Weaving
Half Action Move 30’ to adjacent to spawn 7.
Again maintain the elusive feat at max. Defence is 18. But -4 to hit.

Attack with cutlass: modified for elusive (1d20+3-4=5)

Don’t forget I have also set up a Parry to be triggered if an attack hits
Parry: vs next hit
Reflex save:+3+2=+5
1d20+5=15
[/s]
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 01:41:42 AM by Catodon »
"I just do eyes"
Author of Gulliver's Trading Company and the map of the world of Gullivers travels:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/84956575/Gullivers-Trading-Co-Grub
http://browse.deviantart.com/#/art/Gulliver-s-Travels-World-Map-294804331?hf=1

Krensky

• Control
  • WWTWD?
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: December 13, 2011, 04:02:43 PM »
Middle of Round 4
Initiative
Character
Total
Bonus
Roll
Modifier
Notes
Wrathspawn 7
Wrathspawn 6
25\
Erylium
Haldar Thorson
Argan Dain
Volokkor
Wrathspawn 5
Shlya
Divia Mal
Mandy
Teodoros Magos
Alden Smith
Paiter
Wrathspawn 4
Map

A wrathspawn comes dashing out of the room behind you, slamming into Divia and pushing her back into the pool. As she's pushed her legs catch on the ring of skulls, leaving her spawled in the deeper center part of the pool.
Spoiler
Wrathspawn 7 bullrushes Divia. Roll is 26 vs 16. Divia looses and is pushed back 3 squares and is now sprawled.

A second wrathspawn comes out of the darkness and leaps at Teo, it's jaws wide but he's able to avoid it's pounce.
Spoiler
Wrathspawn moves then attacks. Roll is 7 vs 14. It's been a while, someone remind me if missing Teo triggers anything.

The quasit drags herself to her feet and shakes her head before glaring at Mandy and striking out with her dagger. She then take to the air and disappears from view.
Spoiler
Erylium repositions then attacks. Roll is 13 vs 13. Hit. Damage is 5 lethal. She them moves and becomes hidden.

Haldar embraces his rage, rushing into contact with the Wrathspawn.

Argan steps in, swinging his shield at the horror, missing clearly. The wrathspawn dodges back from Argan's headbut without much effort.
Spoiler
Miss and a miss.

Volokkor lunges ineffectually at the wrathspawn.
Spoiler
8 vs 20, fail. Miss.

Another Wrathspawn comes out of the darkness and attacks Teo, missing.
Spoiler
Roll is 13 vs 14, miss.

Divia gets up and moves to the top of the stairs.

ArawnNox

• Handler
  • GM in Training
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art Page
« Reply #867 on: December 17, 2011, 06:21:01 PM »
Shyla maintains her offensive against the wraithspawn in front of her, keeping the beast in place so it can't move to support it's allies.

Killit!
Attack 1 (I do not remember what penalties/bonuses are in effect @_@ This just has my base bonuses)
1d20+4=12, 1d10+2=11

If that missed (which I'm sure it did), second attack uses Relentless Attack Trick
1d20+6=18, 1d10+2=3
Wizard's First Rule: People are stupid.
"A great GM knows how to make sure everyone has fun, and great players know the same." --Patrick Kapera
Arawn's Art: http://arawnnox.deviantart.com

Krensky

• Control
  • WWTWD?
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: December 20, 2011, 04:58:28 PM »
Middle of Round 4
Initiative
Character
Total
Bonus
Roll
Modifier
Notes
Wrathspawn 7
Wrathspawn 6
25\
Erylium
Haldar Thorson
Argan Dain
Volokkor
Wrathspawn 5
Shlya
Divia Mal
Wrathspawn 9
Mandy
Teodoros Magos
Alden Smith
Paiter
Wrathspawn 8
Map

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Haldar embraces his rage, rushing into contact with the Wrathspawn.

Argan steps in, swinging his shield at the horror, missing clearly. The wrathspawn dodges back from Argan's headbut without much effort.
Spoiler
Miss and a miss.

Volokkor lunges ineffectually at the wrathspawn.
Spoiler
8 vs 20, fail. Miss.

Another Wrathspawn comes out of the darkness and attacks Teo, missing.
Spoiler
Roll is 13 vs 14, miss.

Divia gets up and moves to the top of the stairs.

Shyla grits her teeth as her first blow misses the monster in front of her, driving herself harder on the followup. She's rewarded with asatisfing crunch as her cutlass (I think it's a cutlass) opens a wide gash across the monster's chest.
Spoiler
14 is a miss. 20 is a hit. The wrathspawn takes 3 points of damage and fails its save.

Some of the blood pooling on the ground around the glowing pool drips into it, triggering another boil of activity as something moves beneath the surface and a wrathspawn claws it's way out of the ectoplasm, the glow fading some more. The monstrosity rushes Divia, slashing her with it's claws.
Spoiler
Roll is 20 vs 15, hit. Damage after DR is 4 lethal, 2 stress. Divia makes her save.

Mandy looks around and leaps forward, skidding around Haldar before barreling into the wrathspawn, jaws snapping.
Spoiler
Roll is 24 (not a threat), hit. Wrathspawn takes 4 points lethal. Wrathspawn fails it's save. Grapple roll is 30 vs 13. The wrathspawn is held.

Teo holds his sword forth, calling on the Inheritor. The Wrathspawn near him cringe and hiss, shying away from the light shed by his blade.
Spoiler
The Wrathspawn in range (everything not up on the alter) are now frightened of Teo.

foproy

• Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: December 20, 2011, 08:10:22 PM »
alden darts forward slamming into the nearest wraithspawn fighting teo.

Spoiler
free action disengage from combat, move action and bull rush.
athletics: 1d20+11=14
Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous