Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 02, 2014, 09:49:29 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  Burnt Offerings (Play)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Burnt Offerings (Play)  (Read 42167 times)
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #855 on: November 02, 2011, 08:16:32 PM »

Middle of Round 3, Part 2
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Argan delivers an underhanded stab at the Wrathspawn attacking him, opening the horror toros up as it collapses into a slowly melting puddle of ectoplasm.
(click to show/hide)

The quasit appears for a brief moment in front of Divia, chanting another prayer to the Mother of Monsters, her blood sacrifice splattering on the floor next to Alden where it erupts into another Spawn of Lamashtu. She the turn and looks contemptously at Divia with a sneer.

"As if you could teach me anything about suffering, you pathetic halfbreed. Besides, your hair looks good like that."

And then she's gone.
(click to show/hide)

The spawn howls and swings it's axe at Alden, missing wide both tinmes.
(click to show/hide)

Haldar's first swing cuts into the demon, cutting deep into it's leg. It drops to it's knees and Haldar takes it's head.
(click to show/hide)

Argan delays.

Volokkor looks around before leaping off the platform and attacks the wrathspawn engaged with Argan, tearing into it's legs.
(click to show/hide)

Shyla manages to tag the wrathspawn with one of her attacks, drawing blood as the beats hisses in pain.
(click to show/hide)

Divia manages to claw the vile goo from her face and manages to spot the quasit hovering in the air.

Mandy looks around, taking in the battle before growling as he sees the quasit Divia's yelling at. He shifts back and then runs for the edge of the platform, leaping into the air. He doesn't quite grab her, but he does knock her to the ground where she bounces hard.
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 11:09:36 AM by Krensky » Logged

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #856 on: November 04, 2011, 11:32:04 AM »

alden moves over putting the brute between himself and divia and proceeds to swing.
(click to show/hide)

Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous
Catodon
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #857 on: November 22, 2011, 06:56:52 PM »

For clarity:

“Iomedae’s blazing shield” gasps Paiter when the temple is filled with light. Crouched catlike Paiter concentrates on eluding the spawn’s claws hoping to occupy the abomination until it’s comrades are dispatched. An opening presents itself and the grey privateer makes an opportunistic slash with his cutlass.
(click to show/hide)

"I just do eyes"
Author of Gulliver's Trading Company and the map of the world of Gullivers travels:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/84956575/Gullivers-Trading-Co-Grub
http://browse.deviantart.com/#/art/Gulliver-s-Travels-World-Map-294804331?hf=1
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #858 on: December 01, 2011, 11:57:02 AM »

Top of Round 4
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

A wrathspawn comes dashing out of the room behind you, slamming into Divia and pushing her back into the pool. As she's pushed her legs catch on the ring of skulls, leaving her spawled in the deeper center part of the pool.
(click to show/hide)

A second wrathspawn comes out of the darkness and leaps at Teo, it's jaws wide but he's able to avoid it's pounce.
(click to show/hide)

The quasit drags herself to her feet and shakes her head before glaring at Mandy and striking out with her dagger. She then take to the air and disappears from view.
(click to show/hide)

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #859 on: December 01, 2011, 04:56:35 PM »

ooc: The quasit has 3 actions?

Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #860 on: December 01, 2011, 05:02:38 PM »

ooc: You're just noticing?

paddyfool
Control

View Profile
« Reply #861 on: December 01, 2011, 05:40:04 PM »

Seeing Divia fall, Argan moves in quickly, swatting at the abomination with his shield before following up with a headbutt, horns first. 

(click to show/hide)

OOC: Glad this is on the go again.

Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #862 on: December 03, 2011, 08:35:58 AM »

Divia repositions, and if I read the map right, moves out of the pool, up the steps, and comes to a halt next to the glowy pool.

Golden Dragon
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #863 on: December 04, 2011, 07:42:42 PM »

I checked and didn't see anything that triggered on a missed attack on Teo.

Gregory the Golden Dragon
-I'm a child progeny.
-Most children are.
      Calvin & Hobbes
vardeman
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #864 on: December 07, 2011, 10:39:35 PM »

Haldar whistles for Volokkor's attention and points at the spawn that just pushed Divia into the pool.  With a snarl he commands the wolf, "Kill!" as he bristles with rage, seeming to grow larger and more fierce, and leaps down off of the platform and rushes up to attack it himself, moving opposite Alden to flank the vile creature.  Volokkor shakes his head, trying to clear his mouth of the taste of the beast he just helped kill, and lunges at the one that just entered the fray, snapping furiously at its hamstring and then its throat. (I'm assuming he's close enough for a 5'step since he was attacking the one Argan was on.)

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
Catodon
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #865 on: December 10, 2011, 12:36:55 AM »

Paiter weaves across the flagstones to bring the far spawn within reach of his steel.
(click to show/hide)
[/s]
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 04:41:42 AM by Catodon » Logged

"I just do eyes"
Author of Gulliver's Trading Company and the map of the world of Gullivers travels:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/84956575/Gullivers-Trading-Co-Grub
http://browse.deviantart.com/#/art/Gulliver-s-Travels-World-Map-294804331?hf=1
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #866 on: December 13, 2011, 07:02:43 PM »

Middle of Round 4
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

A wrathspawn comes dashing out of the room behind you, slamming into Divia and pushing her back into the pool. As she's pushed her legs catch on the ring of skulls, leaving her spawled in the deeper center part of the pool.
(click to show/hide)

A second wrathspawn comes out of the darkness and leaps at Teo, it's jaws wide but he's able to avoid it's pounce.
(click to show/hide)

The quasit drags herself to her feet and shakes her head before glaring at Mandy and striking out with her dagger. She then take to the air and disappears from view.
(click to show/hide)

Haldar embraces his rage, rushing into contact with the Wrathspawn.

Argan steps in, swinging his shield at the horror, missing clearly. The wrathspawn dodges back from Argan's headbut without much effort.
(click to show/hide)

Volokkor lunges ineffectually at the wrathspawn.
(click to show/hide)

Another Wrathspawn comes out of the darkness and attacks Teo, missing.
(click to show/hide)

Divia gets up and moves to the top of the stairs.

ArawnNox
Handler

GM in Training

View Profile WWW
« Reply #867 on: December 17, 2011, 09:21:01 PM »

Shyla maintains her offensive against the wraithspawn in front of her, keeping the beast in place so it can't move to support it's allies.

(click to show/hide)

Wizard's First Rule: People are stupid.
"A great GM knows how to make sure everyone has fun, and great players know the same." --Patrick Kapera
Arawn's Art: http://arawnnox.deviantart.com
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #868 on: December 20, 2011, 07:58:28 PM »

Middle of Round 4
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Haldar embraces his rage, rushing into contact with the Wrathspawn.

Argan steps in, swinging his shield at the horror, missing clearly. The wrathspawn dodges back from Argan's headbut without much effort.
(click to show/hide)

Volokkor lunges ineffectually at the wrathspawn.
(click to show/hide)

Another Wrathspawn comes out of the darkness and attacks Teo, missing.
(click to show/hide)

Divia gets up and moves to the top of the stairs.

Shyla grits her teeth as her first blow misses the monster in front of her, driving herself harder on the followup. She's rewarded with asatisfing crunch as her cutlass (I think it's a cutlass) opens a wide gash across the monster's chest.
(click to show/hide)

Some of the blood pooling on the ground around the glowing pool drips into it, triggering another boil of activity as something moves beneath the surface and a wrathspawn claws it's way out of the ectoplasm, the glow fading some more. The monstrosity rushes Divia, slashing her with it's claws.
(click to show/hide)

Mandy looks around and leaps forward, skidding around Haldar before barreling into the wrathspawn, jaws snapping.
(click to show/hide)

Teo holds his sword forth, calling on the Inheritor. The Wrathspawn near him cringe and hiss, shying away from the light shed by his blade.
(click to show/hide)

foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #869 on: December 20, 2011, 11:10:22 PM »

alden darts forward slamming into the nearest wraithspawn fighting teo.

(click to show/hide)

Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: