Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2014, 01:13:35 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  Burnt Offerings (Play)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Burnt Offerings (Play)  (Read 43612 times)
paddyfool
Control

View Profile
« Reply #840 on: September 03, 2011, 05:19:05 PM »

Round 3: (Assuming that the Quasit will have done a vanishing act again since Divia's round 2action).

Argan scowls as he sees his friends get singed.  Time to go after a new target, if he can reach it. 

Notice check: 10

EDIT: However, right now, he doesn't want to take his eyes off his current opponent to scan the room, so he waits for someone else to point the quasit out.  (Delay until after Divia's turn.)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 04:34:53 PM by paddyfool » Logged
Golden Dragon
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #841 on: September 06, 2011, 08:53:37 AM »

Teo continues his litany:

From the Spawn of Lamashtu, deliver us...

1d20+5=6. Error.

Mandy steps up and digs into Wrathspawn 2.

(click to show/hide)

Gregory the Golden Dragon
-I'm a child progeny.
-Most children are.
      Calvin & Hobbes
foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #842 on: September 10, 2011, 12:37:07 PM »

alden ignoring the beast to his side for now continues his prayers.

Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous
vardeman
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #843 on: September 10, 2011, 10:10:05 PM »

Haldar steps across the corner of the triangular pool and swings twice at the wrathspawn while Volokkor bites twice at the loathsome monster.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 07:01:14 AM by vardeman » Logged
Catodon
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #844 on: September 11, 2011, 01:10:36 AM »

(click to show/hide)

"I just do eyes"
Author of Gulliver's Trading Company and the map of the world of Gullivers travels:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/84956575/Gullivers-Trading-Co-Grub
http://browse.deviantart.com/#/art/Gulliver-s-Travels-World-Map-294804331?hf=1
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #845 on: September 15, 2011, 07:16:12 PM »

End of Round 2
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

A gurgling cough can be heard from where Divia spotted the demon, and the she sees a wad of... something vile flying towards her for a brief moment before it smacks into her face. The demonic phlem smells of rotting flesh and brimstone and its... wriggling.
(click to show/hide)
After a moment of muttering, a three beams of fire flky to strik Alden, Divia, and Shyla. Alden and Divia are slightly singed, while Shyla ignores the magical flames.
(click to show/hide)
The quasit is then gone again.

Haldar's first swing cuts into the demon, sheering off a... something... maybe a vestigle wing... the hewn limb drops to the ground in a spray of vile black fluid and acrid smoke, the demon doesn't seem fazed though. His backswing goes wide however.
(click to show/hide)

Argan sword goes wide and the wrathspawn manages to avoid the brutal shield bash.
(click to show/hide)

Volokkor lunges at the demon, over extending himself and getting bopped on the nose for it. He recovers, and lashes out at the demon, tearing into it's throat. The vile child of Lamashtu crumples in a spray of smoking, arid blood.
(click to show/hide)

Shyla attacks the wrathspawn next to her, to no avail as it dodges her determined attemtps to kill it.
(click to show/hide)

Divia, through keen Elven senses and maybe just a little luck or blessing from the Savored Sting spots the Quasit playing games and fires two precious Nexavaran Steel tipped arrows at her. Sadly they go wide, clattering off the cathedral's roof. She's pointed out where the little demon is for the moment though.
After she looses her arrows, Divia hears movement in the hallway behind them, something shuffling and multiple somethings with clattering claws.
(click to show/hide)

The wrathspawn by the triangular pool hisses and attacks Volokkor, it's claws battering wolf before it clamps down on the back of Volokkor's neck. It throws the wolf to the ground and hisses, spreading it;s jaw wide as the battered, bleeding wolf struggles his way back to his feat.
(click to show/hide)

Mandy luunges for the wrathspawn, missing it cleanly.

Teo concetrates on his prayers, imploring the Inheritor, but the only thing he hears is the hyena like cackle of the Mother of Monsters laughing at his pleas.
(click to show/hide)

Alden implores Iomedae, calling upon her strength and hatred of the dark and evil, his sword glowing brighter.
(click to show/hide)

Paiter draws his main gauche and slips past the wrathspawn's sweeping claws with some fancy footwork and acrobatics dredged up from his days fighting on deck, his aging bones protesting the whole way. As he comes up behind the wrathspawn, he's shocked to see the light from Alden's sword flare, so brightly it should blind them, if only briefly... but it doesn't. Instead everyone feels a strengthening, bolstering presesnce driving back the fear and darkness. The quasit screeches and something howls in fury as it's driven from the place.
(click to show/hide)

The wrathspawn next to Argan hisses and attacks the young man, connecting with one of it's claws.
(click to show/hide)

The wrathspawn between Paiter and Alden hisses in the light, steps back, and turns to attack Paiter, one of it claws slipping past his guard.
(click to show/hide)

The wrathspawn fighting Shyla circles her and attacks, but she evades it's flailing with contemptuous ease.
(click to show/hide)

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #846 on: September 16, 2011, 02:51:12 AM »

ooc: I've already posted my round 3 action

paddyfool
Control

View Profile
« Reply #847 on: September 16, 2011, 10:03:31 AM »

As the last attack scrapes off his shield, Argan sees the chance for a quick and dirty stab with his shortsword.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 04:47:14 PM by paddyfool » Logged
Catodon
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #848 on: September 16, 2011, 06:23:18 PM »

(click to show/hide)

"I just do eyes"
Author of Gulliver's Trading Company and the map of the world of Gullivers travels:
ArawnNox
Handler

GM in Training

View Profile WWW
« Reply #849 on: September 16, 2011, 06:27:32 PM »

Shyla shifts about, refusing to be touched by the creature and retaliates with two swift strikes from her sword.
(click to show/hide)

Wizard's First Rule: People are stupid.
"A great GM knows how to make sure everyone has fun, and great players know the same." --Patrick Kapera
Arawn's Art: http://arawnnox.deviantart.com
foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #850 on: September 16, 2011, 07:02:53 PM »

alden his prayers reaching a crecendo moves to aid paiter in his attack.
(click to show/hide)

Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous
Catodon
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #851 on: September 20, 2011, 09:13:59 PM »

“Iomedae’s blazing shield” gasps Paiter when the temple is filled with light. Crouched catlike Paiter concentrates on eluding the spawn’s claws hoping to occupy the abomination until it’s comrades are dispatched. An opening presents itself and the grey privateer makes an opportunistic slash with his cutlass.
(click to show/hide)

"I just do eyes"
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #852 on: October 04, 2011, 08:05:55 PM »

MIddle of Round 3
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

The quasit appears for a brief moment in front of Divia, chanting another prayer to the Mother of Monsters, her blood sacrifice splattering on the floor next to Alden where it erupts into another Spawn of Lamashtu. She the turn and looks contemptously at Divia with a sneer.

"As if you could teach me anything about suffering, you pathetic halfbreed. Besides, your hair looks good like that."

And then she's gone.
(click to show/hide)

The spawn howls and swings it's axe at Alden, missing wide both tinmes.
(click to show/hide)

Haldar's first swing cuts into the demon, cutting deep into it's leg. It drops to it's knees and Haldar takes it's head.
(click to show/hide)

Argan delays.

Volokkor looks around before leaping off the platform and attacks the wrathspawn engaged with Argan, tearing into it's legs.
(click to show/hide)

Shyla manages to tag the wrathspawn with one of her attacks, drawing blood as the beats hisses in pain.
(click to show/hide)

Divia manages to claw the vile goo from her face and manages to spot the quasit hovering in the air.

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
Golden Dragon
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #853 on: October 06, 2011, 06:27:00 PM »

Mandy takes a flying leap at the flying demon:
Athlietcs:1d20+6=9
Burn an AD:1d4.open(4)+2=8
For a total of 15 (17-2 for shaken) plus any environmental modifiers. If that "succeeds" I'll make an attack.

Teo swings at the Brawler, twice, and (I expect) misses both times:
1d20+2=10, 1d12+2=3
And again:
1d20+2=11, 1d12+2=9
I forgot the -2 for Shaken, but may have a +2 for environment.

Gregory the Golden Dragon
-I'm a child progeny.
-Most children are.
      Calvin & Hobbes
paddyfool
Control

View Profile
« Reply #854 on: October 09, 2011, 06:36:34 PM »

Argan turns from the wrathspawn at his feet to take down the one menacing Paiter.

(click to show/hide)

Then [assuming this downed the wrathspawn], he takes a step in the direction of the quasit, and hurls his ichor-stained blade at the other wrathspawn menacing Shyla. his eyes narrowing as he considers the thing's motivations even as the blade flies straight and true.

(click to show/hide)

EDIT: No cold read; it didn't really seem appropriate, with these changes.  (Handy though it might be to get some plot knowledge of the quasit...)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 07:35:05 AM by paddyfool » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: