Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 24, 2014, 05:55:04 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  License to Improvise
| | |-+  [Setting conversion] Rokugan
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Setting conversion] Rokugan  (Read 18168 times)
Aldus Vertten
Handler

Los Otros Planes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #225 on: January 18, 2011, 03:26:47 AM »

I've added Honor's Hope to the document i made for the Battelfield Confrontation rules. I think i have everything there...

"No queda sino batirnos"
-------------
-El Capitan Alatriste
aegis
Fantasy Craft Playtester
Control

A little dab'll do ya.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #226 on: January 18, 2011, 03:38:12 AM »

Nice. I'll put a link then!  Cool
Morgenstern
Control

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 18, 2011, 02:15:21 PM »

I've added Honor's Hope to the document i made for the Battelfield Confrontation rules. I think i have everything there...

I do need to get back to that (to at least add a few general setting more troop types). Unfortunately I never heard back from anyone that they tried to run a battle with it. Theorycraft is good, but I'd love to get some testing reports.

At your own pace: Do. It. Now.
How about some pie? - Heroes of the Expanse
Morgenstern
Control

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 18, 2011, 05:25:53 PM »

Card of the Day time Smiley

TATTOO FEATS

Wasp Tattoo
You bear the image of the stinging warrior.
Prerequisites: Ancient Inks
Benefit: As long as you have at least one hand free and empty you may make bow attacks as if you were armed with a short bow. You are always considered to have standard arrows available for this bow, but may fire other ammunition normally. If you fire this bow without using other ammunition, the arrows dissipate without a trace after striking or missing the target.
Further, your Tattoo feats count towards the number of Ranged combat feats you have.

Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #229 on: January 18, 2011, 07:17:54 PM »

TATTOO FEATS

Ancient Inks
You have been tattooed with the blood of a god. The consequences can be… unexpected.
Benefit: Your highest attribute rises by 1 and your lowest attribute decreases by 1. When taking the Basic Skill Mastery feat you have access to a new skill pair: Strange Fate (Athletics & Bluff). Finally, roll twice on the following table and add those benefits to your Specialty (re-roll any duplicate results).
1 – Agile Defense: Your base defense increases by 1.
2 – Broad Learning: You gain 2 additional study Interests.
3 – Charming: Once per session, you may improve the disposition of any 1 non-adversary NPC by 5.
4 – Crunch!: Your Strength-based damage rolls inflict an additional +1 damage.
5 – Thick Hide 2: You are considered to be wearing partial armor that provides Damage Reduction 2. This damage reduction does not stack with other armor (only the best protection applies while wearing additional armor).
6 – Unarmed Proficiency: You gain the Unarmed proficiency.

While I dig the concept, I'm not a fan of random results in character generation - do you think it would be an issue to make it "pick 2 of the following"?

I also really dig the Wasp Tattoo, awesome work.
Morgenstern
Control

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 18, 2011, 07:28:37 PM »

With the ise zumi and other tattooed monks of the setting, there's about a one-in-ten chance the newly tattooed just goes mad (sometimes quietly, sometimes ravingly so). For the Rokugan setting I would consider the random elements of this feat important in the same way the max +1 min -1 is important: this process acts differently on each person subjected to it.

...But if you were porting it to some other setting where that bit of style is not important, I don't see selecting them as a problem, so long as the character doesn't double up within the feat or with any existing benefits of their specialty.

I'm planning to do several specialties that have been sugested by the cards (tattooed monk, storm rider, battle maiden), so I think Ancient Ink will be even more entertaining in context as the bonus feat for Tattooed Monk.

Wasp Tattoo made me pretty happy too Grin.

Morgenstern
Control

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 19, 2011, 01:59:44 PM »

I need some NPC mojo for a couple of things I'm working up. Anyone want to take a stab at these?

Otaku Warhorse (65 XP) - Horse-like Beast with 6 Int. Needs to be slightly faster than a normal warhorse, have a decen slam or other melee attack and really, really hard to kill (some attention to saves). Also needs instruction on how it "advances" when it goes up to 70, 75, and 80 XP... that is three specific 5 XP bundles being added to it in a set order.

Orochi (65 XP) - Sea serpent Beast 8 Int, and 8 Wisdom, capable of slow (20 ft) movement on land. Rage feat(s) encouraged. Modest Bite for squishy targets (secondry attack), some kind of full-body hug for smashing vehicles/scenery (primary combat contribution). Again, somewhat physically rugged so opponents are inclined to go after the rider rather than the mount. Should be a bit vulnerable to taunt. Same advancement notes as the warhorse.

These are going to take up the Personal Lietenat slot on characters that have them, not Animal Partner.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 02:07:07 PM by Morgenstern » Logged

Morgenstern
Control

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 19, 2011, 03:50:30 PM »

Card of the Day!

I drew something really intriguing from the pile, but its gonna take me a bit longer to build the basic structure (recon actions!). ...So, I'm wimping out and filling in something obvious using the last few days' materials Tongue.

NEW SPECIALTIES

Tattooed Monk
Several monastic orders supplement the strength of their teaching with the power of mystic tattoos. These monks bring an unpredictable but potent blend of insight and violence.
Requirements: Alignment (Dragon, Order of Shinsei, or Spider)

•   Bonus Feat: Ancient Ink
•   Attribute Training: The lower of your Strength or Wisdom increases by 1 (your choice in the case of a tie). This bonus is applied after any attribute modifiers from your Species or Talent.
•   Contagion Sense: You may roll twice when making Fortitude saves prompted by a disease or poison, keeping the result you prefer.
•   Free Hint: Once per session, you may request a free hint from the GM. If he refuses, you gain 1 bonus action die.
•   Heroism: You gain a +1 bonus with all attack and skill checks you make during dramatic scenes.
•   Unarmed Proficiency: You gain the Unarmed proficiency.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 04:26:41 AM by Morgenstern » Logged

Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 19, 2011, 09:00:58 PM »

Otaku Warhorse (Large Walking Beast — 65 XP). Str 14, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 6, Wis 10, Cha 6; SZ L (1×2, Reach 1); Spd 60 ft. ground; Init IV; Atk IV; Def V; Res V; Health IV; Comp II; Skills: Athletics V, Notice III; Qualities: Cagey I, damage defiance (bows, edged) fearless I, improved stability, tough I
     Attacks/Weapons: Chomp! (Gore I: dmg 1d8+2 lethal; threat 19–20, qual: bleed), Kick II (dmg 1d8+2 lethal; threat 19–20), Trample I (dmg 1d10+2 lethal; threat 20; Medium and smaller only, Fort (DC equal to damage) or become sprawled)

@70: Lifeline
@75: Fortunes of War I, Health V, Res VI
@80: Cagey II, Fortunes of War II, Kick III
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 04:28:46 AM by Mister Andersen » Logged

Morgenstern
Control

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 20, 2011, 02:53:07 AM »

That's a mean horse. May not need the gore, and I'd like the competence to be II. The advancements are evil Smiley.

(what's damage defiance (piercing)?)

Best art for the feel of the Orochi is here~
http://l5rshop.com/images/cards/TempestIslandInitiate.jpg

Mister Andersen
Control

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 20, 2011, 03:38:27 AM »

That's a mean horse. May not need the gore, and I'd like the competence to be II. The advancements are evil Smiley.

(what's damage defiance (piercing)?)

Pretty much a D&Dism for Bows, the thinking being that a hard-to-kill species with horns would likely have evolved some degree of tolerance for the sort of damage they inflict. I've updated it -- Gore I, Comp II, Def V.

If you decide to not have horns (which would be a pity), you can either just make it a bite attack instead.

aegis
Fantasy Craft Playtester
Control

A little dab'll do ya.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #236 on: January 20, 2011, 03:40:13 AM »

Clean and Spotless: You may roll twice when making Fortitude saves prompted by a disease or poison, keeping the result you prefer.
That's Contagion Sense, isn't it?

Hard to make a really tough beast with only 65 XP but let's try ...

Orochi (Huge Beast Walker - 65 XP): Str 14, Dex 10, Con 18, Int 8, Wis 8, Cha 10; SZ H (1x6, Reach 2); Spd 20 ft. ground; Init I; Atk III; Def V; Res IV; Health VI; Comp I; Skills: Athletics V; Qualities: Aquatic II, cold-blooded, darkvision I, fearless I, feat (Rage Basics), grueling combatant, impaired senses (hearing, scent), improved stability, lumbering, monstrous defense I, superior swimmer III, tough I
Attacks/Weapons: Bite I (1d12+2 lethal; threat 20), Trample IV (2d12+2 lethal; threat 18-20)
Treasure: 1T

+5 XP: battering, fearless II, sterner stuff
+10 XP: knockback, never outnumbered, superior swimmer IV
+15 XP: +1 Size, tough II
Morgenstern
Control

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 20, 2011, 04:22:23 AM »

If you decide to not have horns (which would be a pity), you can either just make it a bite attack instead.

Otaku warhorse are just really good horses in setting. I'm playing a little loose in stating them as beasts Smiley. Leave it gore. Those who understand will laugh really hard.

Yes, that's contagion sense. Good eye. Fixed in post.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 04:31:53 AM by Morgenstern » Logged

Mister Andersen
Control

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 20, 2011, 05:01:00 AM »

Well, looking at the damage code for bite, I think it works better if you keep it a gore attack (1d8+bleed, thr 19-20) and just call it a bite attack

Orochi (Huge Amphibious Swimmer — 65 XP): Str 14, Dex 10, Con 12, Int 8, Wis 8, Cha 6; SZ L (1×6, Reach 3); Spd 60 ft. swim, 20 ft. land; Init III; Atk V; Def IV; Res V; Health IV; Comp II; Skills: Athletics V, Notice III, Survival III; Qualities: Aquatic II, Damage defiance (unarmed), tough I
     Attacks/Weapons: Bite I (dmg 1d12+2 lethal, threat 18–20, upgrades: grab), Squeeze I (dmg 2d8+2 lethal, thr 20), Tail Slap I (dmg 1d12+2 lethal; threat 20; upgrades: grab)

@70: Lifeline
@75: Cagey I, Damage defiance (edged), Fortunes of War I
@80: Cagey II, Fortunes of War II, Health V, Res VI
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 03:04:17 PM by Mister Andersen » Logged

SilvercatMoonpaw
Control

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 20, 2011, 09:24:36 AM »

Where is that picture from?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: