Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2014, 06:29:59 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  License to Improvise
| | |-+  [Collaboration] - In the grim darkness of the far future...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Collaboration] - In the grim darkness of the far future...  (Read 3733 times)
Agent 333
Control

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 06, 2011, 01:19:10 PM »

The spotters of Sniper Drone teams carry Pulse Pistols, as do the escapeing pilots of a Crisis Suit Ejection system.

The Neutron blaster has some BS explanation about crystals that harmonize with the Vespids wing beat frequency or something, though you could ignore that if you'd like.

Yeah, I'll modify the threat range so all the pulse weapons line up...

EDIT: Played with some threat ranges, left the BC at 20, because I imagine it's difficult to aim properly. Made the Rail Rifle's threat 18-20, but also added Unreliable (they used to Get Hot, but they don't anymore, but I imagine the tech isn't quite up to mass production quality yet...)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 01:22:26 PM by Agent 333 » Logged

When all your problems are nails, all your tools start looking like hammers.
Morgenstern
Control

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 13, 2011, 05:28:41 PM »

My Tau bias is definitely showing here, but I think having the PCs work for the Tau Empire is rife with potential. The Tau are the only multi-racial empire in 40k, (not counting Ogryns and Ratlings and the like), leaving it so you could have a human, a kroot, a fire caste, and a water caste all in the same party, for example. There are a lot more renegade humans in the Tau Empire than renegade Tau in the Imperium.

I have to admit this appeals to me primarily because I believe the Space Marines and the Empire in general are really more useful as villians than as protagonists.

At your own pace: Do. It. Now.
How about some pie? - Heroes of the Expanse
Agent 333
Control

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 15, 2011, 03:52:37 AM »

Here be Tau Drones, suitable for Personal Lieutenant or similar feat:

Gun Drone (Medium Construct Flyer 55 XP): Str 10, Dex 16, Con 10, Int 6, Wis 12, Cha 4; SZ M (11, Reach 1); Spd 60 ft. flight; Init VII; Atk V; Def VII; Resilience VII; Health VI; Comp None; Skills: Notice V; Qualities: class ability (Bloodsworn: harm's way I).
Gear: Twin-Linked Pulse Carbine

Shield Drone (Medium Construct Flyer 65 XP): Str 10, Dex 16, Con 10, Int 6, Wis 12, Cha 4; SZ M (11, Reach 1); Spd 60 ft. flight; Init VII; Atk I; Def VII; Resilience VII; Health VIII; Comp None; Skills: Notice V; Qualities: class ability (Bloodsworn: harm's way I), damage reduction 4.

(Yes, Shield Drones require a large expenditure of feats to get, I imagine most Tau with Shield Drones are Captains with lots of Basic Combat Feats...)

glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 15, 2011, 09:05:12 AM »

I demand sniper drones!

VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: October 15, 2011, 05:05:03 PM »

(Yes, Shield Drones require a large expenditure of feats to get, I imagine most Tau with Shield Drones are Captains with lots of Basic Combat Feats...)

Neat work on the Drones there.  Also, I picture a Drone Controller prize that gives out a specific Drone (breaks some rules about Personal Lieutennant and temp feats, but I think its fitting).  Unless I'm misremembering their wargear rules?
Agent 333
Control

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 15, 2011, 11:38:09 PM »

I imagine you could buy a drone and/or drone controller the same way you can buy a horse.

Sniper drones coming soon. are here:
Sniper Drone (Medium Construct Flyer 65 XP): Str 10, Dex 16, Con 10, Int 6, Wis 12, Cha 4; SZ M (11, Reach 1); Spd 60 ft. flight; Init VII; Atk VII; Def VII; Resilience VII; Health VI; Comp None; Skills: Notice V; Qualities: class ability (Bloodsworn: harm's way I), invisibility.
Gear: Rail-Rifle
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 03:05:10 AM by Agent 333 » Logged

Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: October 16, 2011, 02:52:37 AM »

I imagine you could buy a drone and/or drone controller the same way you can buy a horse.

Entirely possible.  I just figured Prize because as I understand it only the officer units use them (squad commanders, elites in drones etc) - that they're not something everyone (who can afford it) has / can have (like a car, or its feudal equilivent - the horse).  Of course, different strokes and what-not.
Agent 333
Control

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 16, 2011, 03:07:34 AM »

True, only the higher ranked Tau have drones, but they also live in a communist caste driven society, where the lower ranks wouldn't have the clout to request drones. For a Rogue Trader or the like it'd all be about the money, though as xenotech it could just as much be a prize. On the other hand, Drone Controllers aren't as rare as things like Plasma Pistols or the like, never mind xenos artefacts that you'd normally consider prizes...

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: