Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 31, 2014, 03:20:35 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Fantasy Craft
| | |-+  Pathfinder Adventure Path Conversions
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pathfinder Adventure Path Conversions  (Read 15123 times)
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 26, 2012, 12:14:07 AM »

I thought I covered that, but yes, everyone gets an extra interest as a Faith (which is basically a study) or an Alignment.

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
Psion
Control

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 26, 2012, 12:15:01 PM »

I did a few of the iconics when I was on a pregen binge, though I don't remember which ones. I had Ezren for sure. If I get a chance, I'll see if I can find and post them.

The Secret Volcano Base: my RPG blog currently discussing Fantasy Craft and Freeport!
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 27, 2012, 02:24:49 PM »

And another.

The Iconic Fighter, Valeros
Valeros

Origin: Savvy  Fighter
Class: Soldier

Str: 14   Dex: 14      Con: 13
Int: 14   Wis: 10      Cha: 10

Feats:
Armor Basics
Lightning Reflexes
Sword Basics

Skills
Athletics 4
Acrobatics* 2
Intimidate 2
Notice 4
Resolve 2
Sense Motive* 4
Survival 2
Tactics 4

Proficencies
Edged*, Bows, Unarmed
Whirling  Strike, Parry, Armored Assurance, Damned if You Do, Damned if You Don't, Turn the Tables

Interests
Faith: Cayden Cailean
Language: Taldane
Study: Andoran
Study: Mecenary Companies
Study: Farming

Gear:
Armor: Partial Plate with Light Fittings
Weapons: Long Sword, Short Sword, Reflex Bow, Standard Arrows (30)
Other: Backpack, Rope, Rations

I chose Savvy and his attributes due to the characters background as being well, if self, educated. Similarly, I gave him Lightning Reflexes due to his PF stats favoring Dex and having the Improved Initiative feat. His armor was chosen based on the picture (breastplate, paudrons, bracers).

On a similar note, Seelah the Paladin's gonna be blowing lots on plate. Sad
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 02:27:29 PM by Krensky » Logged

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
Gentry
Powered By Publisher
Control

It's a Trap!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: January 27, 2012, 06:38:48 PM »

At first level, the gear is going to be outsized per the rules, certainly. I assume your gear listings are just matching to the picture rather than actually trying to stay within the 100s budget?

I'm a secret VAO Control (Shh!)

Check out Wyrmstone for FC Open Source campaigning

Have you joined Knife Rights yet?

Live and game in Flyover Country? Join Tornado Alley Game Guil
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 27, 2012, 07:17:13 PM »

At the moment, it's based on the art and the 3.5/PF writeups. Once I have more or all of them done I'll look at the totals and figure out what starting silver will be and adjust the gear lists accordingly.

Khaalis
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 27, 2012, 07:36:02 PM »

@Gentry:  You would have to house-rule the cash. 

I know it has been discussed in other threads as well, but the 100s/Lv is really very low for a high fantasy scenario like Pathfinder.

For this exercise, there are only a few options.
1) In many cases you just have allow free starting based on the background of the character.
2) Be more creative in the interpretation of the art. For instance you could make the argument that what Valeros is wearing is Hardened Leather Cuirass with Light Fittings.
3) I would also likely apply the Crude materials quality to lower costs (and would be more fitting to a level 1 character in FC).
4) Make starting silver a lot higher to make them more true Pathfinder characters than FC. ^

The lowest costs for base gear would be 193s.
* Crude Partial Hardened Leather (Cuirass) with Light Fittings = 98s
* Crude Longsword = 45s
* Crude Shortsword = 19s
* Crude Reflex Bow = 23s
* Crude Standard Arrows = 8s

However, since the backstory states that he has worked for dozens of employers as a mercenary, I think that the FC starting silver rules are out or synch. At the very least I would probably give the character at least the Longsword for free (to indicate the former employment and experience of the backstory), and do this for the higher campaign economy feel of Pathfinder:

* Starting Silver = 200s/Lv + Income
* Partial Hardened Leather (Cuirass) with Light Fittings = 130s
* Longsword = Free
* Shortsword = 25s
* Reflex Bow = 30s
* Standard Arrows = 10s
* Bedroll = 5s
(Total starting silver spent = 200s, leaving his Income as the only pocket cash, thus making him in need of work.)

As for the Paladin, I'm not sure what you plan on for build, but I would say that you will also have to get very rules creative. In this case, I would say the armor has to be either a bestowed gift of the church or even better, on-loan from the church. It is the only way I can see a starting character with access to even crude plate. The on-loan option also gives an in-game hook. If the Paladin "sways" from the church orders, they reclaim their gear.

^: For my campaign's economy level, I use a sliding scale as follows, depending on the kind of game the group wants to play.
* 50s/Lv + Income = Poverty
* 100s/Lv + Income = Poor
* 150s/Lv + Income = Common
* 200s/Lv + Income = Wealthy
Psion
Control

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 24, 2012, 07:41:24 PM »

My Serpent Skull adventure path is coming to a close; I expect that it will be done in two sessions.

In the course of prepping to it, I wrote up/converted the nastiest (xp-wise) creature I have ever written, the Avatar of Ydersius, the serpentfolk god:

Avatar of Ydersius (Huge Outsider Walker — 402 XP): Str 20, Dex 20, Con 16, Int 10, Wis 16, Cha 18; SZ H (4×4, Reach 3); Spd 50 ft. ground; Init IX; Atk IX; Def VII; Resilience IX; Health IX; Comp V; Skills: Acrobatics VI, Athletics IX, Intimidate X, Notice IX, Sneak VII, Spellcasting VII; Spells: Castigate II-8, Charm Person V-9, Command II-5, Counter Magic II-7, Illusionary Image VI-6, Sacred Aura-8, True Seeing-7; Qualities: Achilles heel (edged), blindsight, class ability (Assassin: black vial, Explorer: lifeline), condition immunity (baffled, frightened, paralyzed), contagion immunity, damage defiance (electrical, folk), damage immunity (acid, fire), damage reduction 10, darkvision II, everlasting, expanded spellbook (Bestow Curse-3, Consecrate-2, Fireball I-3, Freedom of Movement-4, Geas-4), fearsome, feat (All-out attack, Combat Instincts, Great Fortitude, Iron Will, Lightning Reflexes, Misdirection Basics, SC: Effect , Spell Power ), frenzy II, grappler, improved sense (smell), lumbering, menacing threat, natural defense (acid), regeneration 15, spell defense VI, superior climber VI, superior swimmer IV, swift attack II, tough III, treacherous, tricky (Shove, Venom Master), unnerving, veteran I.
Attacks/Weapons: Bite V (venomous: Virulent Weakening), Claw III × 2, Squeeze III, Noxious breath (draining, attribute III: cone 30ft range)
Treasure: 1A, 1L, 1M, 1T

Special
Everlasting/lifeline - ydersius' avatar can only be slain by a critical hit or coup de grace with an edged or force weapon

It could have been worse, but this will kill my PCs as written, as it's nearly invincible. I am rewriting the final boss fight as a "prevent the boss from being resurrected" fight. If the skull is re-attached, it will start at -10 to all of its numerical values (skills, attack mods, DR, regeneration, etc.), but this improves by 1 per round.

The Secret Volcano Base: my RPG blog currently discussing Fantasy Craft and Freeport!
Gentry