Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 02, 2014, 06:49:58 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Fantasy Craft
| | |-+  Pathfinder Adventure Path Conversions
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pathfinder Adventure Path Conversions  (Read 15189 times)
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 06, 2011, 12:52:35 AM »

Oh... as long as I can keep focused it shouldn't take that long.

None of the new base classes are more then a Specialty that I can see. All of the Archetypes so far have boiled down to build suggestions. Well, except Sea Witch at the moment, but I'm sure that will come.

I'm actually mulling over some stuff for Oracle... Basically trying to decide how much of a disadvantage the Curse should be. I mean, they pretty much aren't in PF, but that doesn't sit right. I want them to either be an actual drawback, or just fluff.

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 08, 2011, 06:17:36 PM »

Ok, this came first. Really looking for commentary.

Summoner
Say hello to my little friend...
Bonus Feat: Eidolon
Soul Link: The maximum XP value of your Eiodolon is increased by +10 XP.
Life Link: You gain 1 additional vitality per level.
Shield Link: Your base Defense increases by 1.
Otherworldly Tutor: You gain 1 additional skill point per level.

Eidolon
Prerequisites: Player character only
Benefit: You control an Outsider NPC with an XP value no greater than 50 + 5 x the number of permanent Spellcasting feats you have. You may choose your Eidolon from the Rogues Gallery or Bestiary or build an original NPC with GM approval. Your Eidolon may not possess temporary feats. Your Eidolon is a special  character with a Threat Level equal to your Career Level minus 4 (minimum 1). It gains no action dice but you may spend your action dice on it's behalf. Your Eidolon may not control additional characters.
If your Eidolon dies or is dismissed, you lose Reputation equal to your Career Level (he’s replaced in the following adventure).
Special: You may not gain this feat as a temporary feat.

Now, Eidolon is just a rejiggered AP/PL. I considered Familiar, but the Summoner's buddy is somewhat different then a Familiar and I wanted it to be more capable as a combatant. I also considered something similar to the verbiage  in the SC2.0 Extra Discipline feat for applied specifically to Calling, but it wasn't sitting right since it makes the specialty less useful to the Class it's the most thematically appropriate to. I also considered a bonus to Calling spells, but I wasn't feeling confident on pricing a +1 or +2 to a single Discipline.

In general with these I'm looking to grab the theme of the pathfinder class, but without stepping on a FC classes toes or tying it to a specific FC class.

Hmmm... maybe these musing should get cut out to a thread in License to Improvise... Your call Alex.

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
the331st
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 08, 2011, 09:28:17 PM »

Commentary? I likes it... a lots  Tongue
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2011, 02:00:56 PM »

Something that came to me on the drive to work...

It's probably a feat level benefit, but allowing someone to use the Call From Beyond series of spells to boost their eidolon. Say, allowing you to add half of the spell's XP budget to the Eidolon's XP total for the duration of the spell.

Thoughts?

Goodlun
Operative

Yeah thats me with my Judo Gi and an AK-47

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 09, 2011, 02:36:00 PM »

Something that came to me on the drive to work...

It's probably a feat level benefit, but allowing someone to use the Call From Beyond series of spells to boost their eidolon. Say, allowing you to add half of the spell's XP budget to the Eidolon's XP total for the duration of the spell.

Thoughts?
I really like the flavor of it, unfortunately I have no idea of how it would upset the balance.  I do like where you are going with that and I think it most certainly can be made workable with the right math behind it.
The_Grand_User
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 09, 2011, 02:52:28 PM »

Alternatively, you can modify the PF spells that focus on the Eidolon for use in FC.

I also think you should try to capture the feelign that it's a summoned creature a bit more, like how it doesn't truely "die", and can be summoned back the next day (next scene?), but also doesn't heal naturally. Also, I'd say you'd only lose Reputation if you permanently dismiss the Eidolon. And easier to change the Eidolon's build.

It might be that there'd need to be soem extra feats to grant those ability. Heh, the Eidolon feat itself might just be the second one, with the requirement of Personal Lieutenant (outsider).

I'm a programmer by trade, of course I like to tinker! Cheesy

"I don't want to fight dragons." - Hiccup

Drakes, the very best part about FC ^_^

I'm designing my own RPG, The Dual20 system! Cheesy
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 09, 2011, 03:02:33 PM »

I'm thinking Eidolon might morph into a chain, and that most of the schticks of the Summoner may well wind up there.

I'm trying to prevent it from being a spellcaster only trick, although I certainly want casters in general and those focusing on Calling spells in particular.

Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 09, 2011, 04:12:00 PM »

I also think you should try to capture the feelign that it's a summoned creature a bit more, like how it doesn't truely "die", and can be summoned back the next day (next scene?), but also doesn't heal naturally. Also, I'd say you'd only lose Reputation if you permanently dismiss the Eidolon. And easier to change the Eidolon's build.

Well, the trick to that is, like any AP/PL/Familiar where the GM lets you, is to give it the Story Critical quality. I dislike the no healing thing, since that's more for Pathfinder balance then anything.

I haven't even looked at the spells yet, I'm focusing mostly on the APG and UC base classes.

To be clear, my goal isn't to convert everything, just the interesting things. The FF Summoner inspired Summoner is one of them. Part of what I like about the Call from Beyond buffing the XP total is that it feels a bit like the kid in a monster trainer anime doing 'something' to supercharge the monster they sent into the fight.

As for respecing, you get to do that whenever the monster's XP value goes up, so I don't think it needs to happen more often then that.

For Oracle, I'm looking at the Damaging lines from the Cheating Death tables for curses, valuing them at -1 for the moment, but I'm still considering.

Oh, I'm willing to take requests, but be forewarned that some stuff might get an "eh, that's boring" response. A lot of stuff I've looked at so far has.

I'll also see about extracting my working notes to a Google Doc for anyone who wants to look at or collaborate on them.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 04:19:40 PM by Krensky » Logged

Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2012, 02:40:13 PM »

Ok, some more stuff from my notes. A new species, a chance feat, and I rejiggered the Eidolon into a chain.

Species:

Changeling Medium (1x1) folk
Pale, slender, heterochromatic, and unnerving changelings are the daughters of Hags and their tricked lovers. Abandoned by her mother to be raised as by her late father's people, changelings typically grow up outsiders, shuned for their appearance and abilities. While the species of the father impacts their appearence, changelings are their mother's daughters with theit paternal heritage having little more then cosmetic effects. Most do not know their origins, but at some point in her life she feels urgings and hears whispers urging her into the wilds and drawing her towards her mother's coven. Those who follow these impulses become Hags through horrific and depraved rituals. Not all changelings follow their mother's call but few who do manage to escape their mother's clutches.

Attributes: +2 Charisma, +2 Wisdom, –2 Constitution
Base Speed: 30 ft. 0.0
Hag Trait: Choose one of the following:
  • Hulking Hag:  Your mother was an annis hag, and you have inherited her muscular build. Your STR based damage rolls inflict 1 additional damage.
  • Green Widow: Your mother was a green hag and you have inherited her natural talent for seduction. Your maximum Impress rank increases to your Career Level+5. Only the highest bonus from any enlightened ability may apply to each skill.
  • Sea Lungs: Your mother was a sea hag and your have inherited her affinity for the sea. You gain the Aquatic I NPC quality.
Claws: You gain a Claw I natural attack.
Thick Hide 2: You are considered to be wearing partial armor that provides DR 2. It does not stack with other armor, if you gain Thick Hide from other sources it offers the highest DR + 1 per additional hide benefit.
Darkvision I: You ignore the effects of dim and faint light.

Feats:

Chance:
Butterfly’s Sting (Chance)
Prerequisite: Special characters only.
Benefit: When you activate a critical hit against an enemy, you can choose to forgo the effect of the critical hit and instead grant a critical hit to the next ally who hits the target with a melee attack before the start of your next turn. You spend the requisite action dice and your attack only deals normal damage. The next ally that hits the target automatically activates their hit as a critical regardless of their roll or threat range. You may do this a number of times per combat equal to the number of chance feats you have.

Spellcasting:

Eidolon Basics
Prerequisites: Player character only
Benefit: You control an Outsider NPC with an XP value no greater than 45 + 5 × the permanent Spellcasting feats you have. You may choose your Eidolon from the Rogues Gallery or Bestiary or build an original NPC with GM approval. Your Eidolon may not possess temporary feats. Your Eidolon is a special  character with a Threat Level equal to your Career Level minus 4 (minimum 1).  It gains no action dice but you may spend your action dice on  it's  behalf. Your Eidolon may not control additional characters.
If your Eidolon dies or is dismissed, you lose Reputation equal to your Career Level (he’s replaced in the following adventure).
Special: You may not gain this feat as a temporary feat.

Eidolon Mastery
Prerequisites:Eidolon Basics
Benefit: Your Eidolon's XP budget increases to 50 + 5 x the number of permanent Spellcasting feats you possess. Additionally you gain the following trick:
Something Catchy (Spellcasting Trick): When your Eidolon is within your sight, you may reduce the cost of a Call From Beyond spell by 1 (minimum of 1) to add half the spells XP budget to the Eidolon rather then summoning additional outsiders.

Eidolon Supremacy
Prerequisites: Eidolon Mastery
Benefit: You may divert up to 10 percent (rounded down) of your Eidolon's XP budget to yourself, but suffer a -5 disposition penalty with all non-outsider characters who do not possess this feat.

Seekerofshadowlight
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2012, 12:31:47 PM »

I really dig the Eidolon feats.
Gentry