Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 26, 2014, 01:28:44 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Off-Topic
| | |-+  Boardgames Compendium: News, Reviews & Reactions
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Boardgames Compendium: News, Reviews & Reactions  (Read 6880 times)
Desertpuma
Control

Highest Level LSpy Agent 16th, almost 17th

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: July 05, 2012, 09:10:47 AM »

But did the board change on you at all during the game or for a future game?

Living Spycraft Masterm
ThunderMonkey
Control

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 05, 2012, 10:44:24 AM »

Yeah... two minor cities cropped up, and we all went a little nuts with our first scars as three bunkers and one ammo shortage was put into play.

Work done by an officer's doppleganger in a parallel universe cannot be claimed as overtime.
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Donít believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: July 05, 2012, 06:20:25 PM »

Played my first round of Risk Legacy.

I had almost forgotten how much fun a board game could be.

I didn't win, but I manage to hold on long enough not to be eliminated.

We're between sessions 2 and 3, and seven games in. It's great fun - and we just acquired translated versions of the German expansion materials (more for two envelopes + a whole new envelope), so session 3 should get even better.  Cool

It's actually impossible for the game not to change during the first 15 rounds. The winner gets a major change (from several options) and each player who holds on (isn't eliminated from the board when the winner claims victory) gets a minor changes (from a few). Even those eliminated get a little something the first time they get knocked out, which is nice.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is b
agent oni
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 24, 2012, 07:49:02 PM »

Tried out the new version of Wiz-War and realized that the classic version was much more fun for several reasons.

1) The new version ends too quickly for any one of pulling off hilarious moves.  You only need 2 points to win.

2) The wizards die too easily.

3) The boards are boring playgrounds.  It is compounded by the movement rules.

There are some neat things about the game:

1) The pieces are beautiful!  I absolutely love the count down counter.

2) Cards have multiple uses.

3) Game doesn't drag
Aldus Vertten
Handler

Los Otros Planes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: November 08, 2012, 06:48:29 PM »

Last week was the spanish National boardgame con, and this year was celebrated in my city. I was in charge of the streaming of the debates and events so i didnt get much time to play... but much more that when i used to be part of the staff!

I played three gakes of Android: Infiltration which is a really fun game. I loved the cyberpunk feel an the system is quite good. there are 4 main actions (move forward, move backwards, download and interface) the first ones let you move between the room cards. download lets you get information chips and inteface lets you activate some special effects in each room. there ibjects that lets you use the actions in different ways... some room effects that affects the players and the timing system...(setting on alarms and security measures)

its fun, its quick and its feels cyberpunk...

besides i found out that ffg has published a retooling of the original Netrunner ccg designed by richard garfield as a Lcg set in the Android setting. I loved that game and this is reaaaally good news!!

I also played Zombicide... but found it a little bit boring... I liked collaborative gamea at first... but if they are quick and fun... this one is too loong and gets boring soon...

"No queda sino batirnos"
-------------
-El Capitan Alatriste
Bill Whitmore
Mastermind
Control

Woot, I got a new hat! :P

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 08, 2012, 07:01:21 PM »

Tried out the new version of Wiz-War and realized that the classic version was much more fun for several reasons.

1) The new version ends too quickly for any one of pulling off hilarious moves.  You only need 2 points to win.

2) The wizards die too easily.

I can agree with both of those.  I only played the new game once.

There were 4 of us.  One of the players went in a grabbed a treasure got in a brief scuffle with another wizard before fleeing back to his home board.  Then I stepped in, killed him and took the treasure back to my home.  2 points, game over.

It seemed like the game was just about to get interesting and it was over.  In part, I can see why they do this, dead players don't have long to wait before the game is over, but I'd rather dead players just respawned back at home and continue the game to some higher point total.

Don't follow your passion.  Take it with you.

ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!   Ramen.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: