Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 18, 2014, 12:57:52 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Customer Service
| | |-+  Buy book get access to the PDF for free.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Buy book get access to the PDF for free.  (Read 1558 times)
Grimace
Operative

View Profile
« on: August 13, 2010, 08:28:38 AM »

It would be great if there would be some way to allow customers to gain access to the PDF online when they purchase the actual books.

I know I love having the feature to search the PDF, but miss having the professionally bound book to thumb through.

Grimace
Crafty_Alex
Crafty Staff
Control

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 08:38:49 AM »

This is far, far more difficult to do in the retailer market than you might think. With direct sales its significantly easier, but not easy by any means. Your request is noted.

dorward
Jr. Agent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 09:16:14 AM »

Food for thought: http://www.bits-and-mortar.com/2010/08/launch/

Grimace
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 09:27:58 AM »

This is far, far more difficult to do in the retailer market than you might think. With direct sales its significantly easier, but not easy by any means. Your request is noted.

Thanks Alex.  I totally understand the nightmare setting up and maintaining something like this would be.

If someone purchases a PDF, do they have the right to have it printed out? 

Grimace
Crafty_Alex
Crafty Staff
Control

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 10:01:27 AM »

I would say so Smiley Some vendors don't allow printing of copyrighted material, but you paid for it so in our eyes it'd be fine.

Grimace
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 11:23:38 AM »

I would say so Smiley Some vendors don't allow printing of copyrighted material, but you paid for it so in our eyes it'd be fine.

Thanks again.  I may have to see what it costs to get bound or print it and bind it myself.

Grimace
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2010, 12:05:48 PM »

Having done this back with the first printing, the hardback is cheaper. Depends where you go, but in my area Staples typically has the best prices.

If you do try it, be prepared to have to ask Pat or Alex for written permission to give to the printer.

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
Grimace
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2010, 12:19:15 PM »

Having done this back with the first printing, the hardback is cheaper. Depends where you go, but in my area Staples typically has the best prices.

If you do try it, be prepared to have to ask Pat or Alex for written permission to give to the printer.

Yea I noticed that on the 2nd or 3rd page of the pdf.  Might just print it out at work and put it in a cheap binder.  Cheesy

Grimace
VisualStatic
Control

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2010, 12:40:31 PM »

I have a nice laser at home and a ream of paper with holes already in them.... but then I did buy both the HC and PDF.

--
Heroes don't die, they just reload.
--
A Master of the Dark Arts of System Administration.
Gentry