Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 01, 2014, 07:35:27 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  DESTROY ALL MONSTERS!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DESTROY ALL MONSTERS!  (Read 8854 times)
vardeman
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: October 05, 2010, 11:15:31 PM »

Quick aside on Hornetor's Dive, vardeman: where are you seeing rules for bonus movement on a flying dive? Not that I'm nitpicking--I've just never seen them and it sounds wicked awesome.

Sorry, I must be trying to insert that from the 3.X ruleset.  That basically said that movement up was at half and movement down was doubled.  I'll adjust my actions to 2 moves and 1 attack.

V
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 05, 2010, 11:55:46 PM »

Distance d travelled by an object falling for time t:    

d = 1/2 × g × t2 = 16 × t2

Time t taken for an object to fall distance d:

t = sqrt(2d/g) = sqrt(2d/32)

Which is a round about way to say that in grossly simplistic terms -- ignoring things like mass and drag due to surface area --  it takes slightly over 3.5 seconds to drop 200 ft, but I thought people might find the maths interesting.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 12:00:20 AM by Mister Andersen » Logged

Mister Andersen
Control

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 06, 2010, 10:30:24 AM »

Is it alright if I rebuild Pele?

glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 06, 2010, 10:48:16 AM »

Mid-battle?

VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
Dhampire
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 06, 2010, 10:54:37 AM »

DC 25 Fort save vs dying (I choose to make this save first)
DC 25 Fort vs. dying (1d20+24=25) Wow, typical.  Thunderbird fails. Shocked
[/spoiler]

Ragnarok, couldn't you just spend an Action Die and succeed at that save vs death from massive damage?

I aim to misbehave.
Mister Andersen
Control

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 06, 2010, 10:59:45 AM »

Mid-battle?

Thunderbird is dead, be it either this round or the next

Ragnarok
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 06, 2010, 02:15:13 PM »

DC 25 Fort save vs dying (I choose to make this save first)
DC 25 Fort vs. dying (1d20+24=25) Wow, typical.  Thunderbird fails. Shocked
[/spoiler]

Ragnarok, couldn't you just spend an Action Die and succeed at that save vs death from massive damage?
I thought ones were automatic fails no matter what.  In either case, I agree with Mr. Anderson, Thunderbird was going to have to make 3 hard will saves to even get a chance to act due to the immolation and all his Frenzy was used up.  If ones are not autofailure for saves, I would appreciate a head's up for future reference however.
Dhampire
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 06, 2010, 02:37:39 PM »

I thought ones were automatic fails no matter what.  In either case, I agree with Mr. Anderson, Thunderbird was going to have to make 3 hard will saves to even get a chance to act due to the immolation and all his Frenzy was used up.  If ones are not autofailure for saves, I would appreciate a head's up for future reference however.

I thought this discussion came up before. :p

Ragnarok, as was pointed out to me recently... an error only occurs when you roll in the error range AND a check fails.  Since your check succeeded, it's not an error, and thus can't be a Critical Failure.

And, actually, I only see threats/errors for Skills and Attacks, not Saves.
Good to know.  Thanks

Of course, if glimmerrat wants to have 1's auto-fail for this Kaiju rumble-fest, I'm cool with that.

I aim to misbehave.
Ragnarok
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 06, 2010, 03:28:58 PM »

I thought this discussion came up before. :p

Ragnarok, as was pointed out to me recently... an error only occurs when you roll in the error range AND a check fails.  Since your check succeeded, it's not an error, and thus can't be a Critical Failure.

And, actually, I only see threats/errors for Skills and Attacks, not Saves.
Good to know.  Thanks

Of course, if glimmerrat wants to have 1's auto-fail for this Kaiju rumble-fest, I'm cool with that.

Wow, I am so used to systems where 1's are auto fail it just didn't register.  Thanks.
Gentry