Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 21, 2014, 09:50:06 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  DESTROY ALL MONSTERS!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DESTROY ALL MONSTERS!  (Read 9261 times)
glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« on: August 03, 2010, 01:58:23 AM »

DESTROY ALL MONSTERS!

Jaunty intro music for Tokyo Channel 12 Breakfast News plays over a dramatic collage of news clips from recent history. The images fade and the camera zooms in on a stately looking older man in an understated grey suit and a much younger woman in a horrid pink suit, obviously chosen for her looks. The man speaks:

“Good morning Japan! In breaking news, 2010’s Kaiju season has begun early this year, marked by the sudden eruption of Gojira Peak over on Monster Island. For digital viewers regular breakfast broadcasting will continue over on channel 18, but stick with us for the latest on the developing monster situation. Godzilla himself has yet to show his face, and our contenders this year all seem to be new faces.”

He turns with a fake TV smile to the girl next to him. She continues:

“This year’s Kaiju season has seen the awakening or arrival of an impressive eight monsters! We haven’t seen so many of these beasts active all at once since the chaos of 2004, during the event now known to history as the ‘Final Wars’. With so many monsters active all at once it seems inevitable that the fighting will spill over onto the mainland, and the brave men and women of the JSDF are already on standby. Remember the location of your nearest shelter, and remember: unless the journey is absolutely vital, stay at home today! A list of school and office closures can be found on our website.”

She smiles vacuously at the camera, and the older man picks up the thread.

“Speaking of which, don’t forget that this years carnage is being broadcast for the first time on our website in a series of live podcasts, so you can keep up with all the action should any of the battles overlap. We now go live to our reporters in our fleet of Channel 12 helicopters onsite at Monster Island. How are things going at your end, guys?”

The screen is split into quarters, each showing the face of an excited and/or distressed junior reporter in a cramped helicopter that is obviously in flight. The four areas are marked with a title, and a different colored button to press to focus on a particular scene.

Monster Stats

Genshior Stat Block
(click to show/hide)

Genshior Combat Stats
(click to show/hide)

Hornetor Stat Block
(click to show/hide)

Hornetor Combat Stats
(click to show/hide)

Malochu Stat Block
(click to show/hide)

Malochu Combat Stats
(click to show/hide)

Pele Stat Block
(click to show/hide)

Pele Combat Stats
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 02:52:26 AM by glimmerrat » Logged

VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 02:45:18 AM »

Yeah, sounds good

glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 06:18:53 AM »

Yeah, sounds good

Excellent - start mulling over ideas for names/schticks and such. Hopefully we'll get at least a few more folks interested.

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
Girlfriday
Operative

Proud owner of 2 beautiful sons.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 07:55:40 AM »

I don't know if i'm up for it, but it could be a lot of fun... i'll watch this space.  Wink

Dhampire
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010, 08:49:42 AM »

Interested, yes.

Question:  If a template applies Achilles heel, or some other negative quality, can we pay the XP value it is worth to remove it?

I aim to misbehave.
glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2010, 10:06:27 AM »

Question:  If a template applies Achilles heel, or some other negative quality, can we pay the XP value it is worth to remove it?

I don't see why not...

foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2010, 11:06:58 AM »

interested. i will take it one step farther and use a random  name generator and design the monster around that.

Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous
Gentry