Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 25, 2014, 11:09:02 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Fantasy Craft
| | |-+  **sniff** postage woes.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: **sniff** postage woes.  (Read 1961 times)
mach1.9pants
Operative

Supersonic Underwear!

View Profile
« on: July 24, 2010, 05:07:15 AM »

Well I thought I'd pre-order the 2nd printing and followed (about 6!) clicks to get to pre-order the hard copy, registered and finally got to the check out. FC v2 $49.99, postage 47 bucks ZOMFG! That is one hundred of your finest US dollars to get here to NZ, maybe they send them out in a case hand cuffed to a delivery agents wrist?

So very sad that I won't be getting a copy of this.

**sniff sniff**  Cry

Sorry for my tears, maybe one day it'll be available on amazon...
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 05:09:00 AM by mach1.9pants » Logged

Gloria Finis
tenebrae
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2010, 07:25:21 AM »

Might I suggest either preordering it from Troll and Toad (http://www.trollandtoad.com/p296765.html), or using The Book Depository (www.bookdepository.com or www.bookdepository.co.uk, check both as they'll sometimes list different prices)? It's not listed on TBD yet, but free shipping if hard to pass up for those of us located outside the UK/US.

On a related note, do the Crafty team have an ISBN for the second printing yet?
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2010, 07:26:57 AM »

Does NZ not have any gaming stores?

Wolverine
Control

I want to smoke a fairy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2010, 08:53:13 AM »

Dang! If only you knew someone in NZ who was going to America sometime soon, say the first weekend in August, who was attending, say, a convention where the book was on sale.

Oh, wait Wink

"Dickhead books?"
 -Patrick Kapera wrestling with the New Zealand accent
Crafty_Alex
Crafty Staff
Control

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2010, 09:54:44 AM »

47 dollars is truly insane. My guess is there's something amiss - did you try all shipping options?

We'll look into it.

Wolverine
Control

I want to smoke a fairy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2010, 06:53:52 PM »

I'm guessing part of it is the weight of the book. I once sent a couple of kg's overseas and that was NZ$50 for postage/shipping.

"Dickhead books?"
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2010, 11:24:10 PM »

It's a combination of weight AND bulk.

Nezeray
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2010, 04:54:32 PM »

Dang! If only you knew someone in NZ who was going to America sometime soon, say the first weekend in August, who was attending, say, a convention where the book was on sale.

Oh, wait Wink

Hopefully the baggage fees aren't more than the $47.00 shipping charge.   

James / Nezeray
Working for Crafty this trip!
Wolverine
Control

I want to smoke a fairy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2010, 06:23:33 PM »

Hopefully the baggage fees aren't more than the $47.00 shipping charge.

Luckily for me, I booked by flights before May when AirNZ moved to the 'one free piece of luggage per person' rule, so I can still take two bags with me. Or, more accurately, take one piece there with another inside it, then two back full of loot.

Mmm... loot.

"Dickhead books?"
Gentry