Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 22, 2014, 06:22:22 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  Middle Earth PbP, Volume 2 (In Character)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Middle Earth PbP, Volume 2 (In Character)  (Read 20720 times)
foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: August 03, 2010, 06:41:25 PM »

dren once again takes up a flanking position, and sys,l a hanging would be much faster than this, cant you just admit when you are down. this time taking a swing at the prone man.
(click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 08:20:03 PM by foproy » Logged

Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous
ahzad
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 03, 2010, 08:12:25 PM »

Kyan steps to the left saying"This is pathetic! You were a lord among these men at least have the honor to know you are beaten and accept your judgement, instead of dying like a dog in the stables!"

(click to show/hide)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - A. Einstein
glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 04, 2010, 10:58:11 AM »

The fight in the stables draws to a bloody conclusion as Dren and Gorbo skewer the prone Aldor on their blades. The bloodied traitor staggers to his feet as their knives rip his ribcage to tatters. Erkenwulf punctuates the strikes with a pair of ringing haymakers, battering Aldor about the head repeatedly. The former Lord half-heartedly swipes back at Erkenwulf, more likely to hit the Dark Lord himself than anyone in the immediate vicinity, and finally falls to his knees. Blood pours from multiple wounds as his eyes roll back into his head. He sways for a moment, and then with a snarl tries to force himself to his feet. The attempt is futile, and he sinks back to the floor with a chuckle and a wheeze. “I had to poison your father. I knew I’d never take him in a straight fight.” He smiles at Erkenwulf, showing a mouthful of bloody teeth. “Finish it.”

Positions (start of Round 11)
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
Wolverine
Control

I want to smoke a fairy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #408 on: August 04, 2010, 01:05:07 PM »

Placing a foot against Aldor's chest, Erkenwulf kicks forward causing the dying man to topple backwards into the stable. "Traitorous scum, you got what you deserved."

"Dickhead books?"
 -Patrick Kapera wrestling with the New Zealand accent
Girlfriday
Operative

Proud owner of 2 beautiful sons.

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 04, 2010, 03:21:57 PM »

Bella looks at Ultherion and shrugs. "Oy! What's goin' on in there? He dead yet or what?"

Antilles
Mastermind
Control

Do I look like a people person?

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 04, 2010, 06:53:14 PM »

Brannadan stands back, sheathes his weapon and shield and gives Erkenwulf room to do whatever he feels he must do, and shouts out to Bella and Ultherion "He's down, it should be safe to enter." After that he goes over to the horse and tries to calm it, while leading it out of the stall and into another, calmer, not filled by rapidly increasing pool of blood stall.

(click to show/hide)

"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: August 05, 2010, 06:49:44 PM »

dren whipes his blade off on the dying mans tunic. and gives him a quick kick in the ribs as he walks off saying only, "scum".

Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous
ahzad
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: August 06, 2010, 02:01:27 PM »

Kyan steps up to Erkenwulf and lays a hand on his arm saying""'Tis done lad. Honor has been restored to your family and your dad would be proud of the man you've become. Let's check on the rest and make sure the King is okay."

Wolverine
Control

I want to smoke a fairy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #413 on: August 06, 2010, 11:59:21 PM »

"Indeed, but there is one last thing I need to do first." Erkenwulf kneels and leans towards Aldor. "This will be the last thing you ever take from my family," he says as he retrieves his sword, wipes the blade clean on his tunic and returns it to the scabbard at his side. Standing, he gives the traitor one last snarl before turning and walking out of the stables intent on checking on the status of his king.

"Dickhead books?"
 -Patrick Kapera wrestling with the New Zealand accent
glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: August 07, 2010, 09:20:03 AM »

By sunrise, you all find yourselves in the Hornburg's mighty throne room. Your wounds have been cleaned and bound, and you have had some small amount of rest. The whole of Helm's Deep has been on high alert all night, and only with the coming of dawn and the surrender of the last of the traitors does anyone relax their guard. The King sits on the throne, his son Prince Théodred at his side. There are a dozen members of the Riders of Rohan present, as many members of the royal court. Théoden looks down at you all imperiously, and any conversation quickly dies down. "Today you did the nation of Rohan - and its King - a great service. We are in your debt, and we Rohirrim pay our dues where they are deserved." He raises a hand to stifle any objections. "This battle has seen a cankerous sore excised from our nation, and we are all the stonger for it. This is all thanks to you - you brave few. A tiny band of adventurers. I would offer you financial reward if I thought Erkenwulf would allow me, but I know that he has already received payment for his greivances." The King strokes his beard. "Come closer." He stands, and as he does so, so does everyone else in the room. "Stand before me so that I might demonstrate my thanks."

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
ahzad
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: August 07, 2010, 10:24:31 AM »

Kyan steps forward

Girlfriday
Operative

Proud owner of 2 beautiful sons.

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: August 07, 2010, 02:28:58 PM »

Bella steps forward, adding "I'd like to point out that I and several of my companions are perfectly happy to receive a substantial financial reward." She tries really hard to keep a straight face, but starts corpsing badly.

foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: August 07, 2010, 03:21:03 PM »

dren steps forward, give the young hobbit a polite nudge, and says" we are most gracious for whatever it is you offer." bowing low as he says this.

Antilles
Mastermind
Control

Do I look like a people person?

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: August 08, 2010, 09:08:20 AM »

Brannadan stays silent as he steps forward to stand with his comrades.

"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: August 08, 2010, 12:16:55 PM »

The King laughs loudly at Bella’s request, and a ripple of chuckles pass around the room. “So be it, Bella of the Shire! A reward there shall be! Forevermore will you be welcome in the halls of Edoras, and all of the horse people shall call you their brothers and sisters.” There are cheers from several of the Riders. The King’s face changes, becoming more serious, as he sits back down. “Now, as to the matter of Aldor, the traitor.”

“For the crime of murder of a fellow Lord of Rohan, he has been punished with summary execution. His lands are hereby stripped from his family and granted to you to do with as you see fit. Rule it or burn it, I care not. The lands of Hildburg are now yours, and if you should choose to accept them as your own we shall send men folk with you to see that it is properly policed. For the crime of high treason, Aldor’s line are banished from Rohan until the end of days, and his name and deeds shall be struck from the records. Nevermore shall his name be spoken aloud. He shall be forgotten.” Théodred nods in agreement. “A fitting fate for one with delusions of grandeur such as his.”

The King smiles grimly. “Yes; well let that be an end to the matter.” He turns back to you all and levels a finger at Bella and Gorbo. “If all folk of the Shire are as doughty as you, then we should establish favorable ties with them before they invade and slay us all!” Peels of laughter echo around you all but it is good-natured, not mocking. “I charge you with becoming the Shire’s ambassadors to Rohan. You shall receive our royal seal, and robes and mounts befitting your status, and I would have you bear a message to your elders. A message of friendship, and peace.” He turns next to Kyan. “Sir Dwarf – my son tells me that you are as mighty in battle as the warriors of legend. I say that you display the tenacity and will of Thorin Oakenshield himself. Many of my young housecarls would benefit greatly from your teachings in the art of head splitting. What say you? I hope you will honor us with your skill.” Finally, he nods at Brannadan and Dren. “You are men of skill, but both for very different reasons. I would have you live amongst us, for a while at least. My house could use you both. Recent events have made me realize that I need a skilled bodyguard… and a ‘solver of problems’. I would have you both at my side, if you would have me at yours.” Ultherion steps toward the King and bows low. “I shall take the Imirie Lass back to the Elves of the Wood. I shall pass on your tidings of kinship, noble King.” Parting pleasantries are exchanged, and after a few days of rest and recuperation you are soon preparing to be on your way.

You stand atop the ramp early in the morning, realizing now that you are probably going to be saying your goodbyes to each other. Ultherion takes off his scarf and smiles. Somehow, it makes the damage to his face seem less severe.
“I have chosen a mortal life, so I am one of you now. After I return the sacred leaf to the King and Queen in the Wood, I intend to accept an offer from the Lady Gléowyn to go and live out my days with them as a retainer. Your sister – Deorhild – she is a fascinating woman. Such spirit in a mortal. I hope to spend many long hours in conversation with her, if she finds me to not be too disagreeable.” Prince Théodred joins you along with young Éomer, and his sister Éowyn. “I bid you safe journey, my friends. If only there were more people like you in Middle Earth, it would be a safer and more pleasant place. One day perhaps we shall meet again.” The sun rises high over the mountains, the first rays of light shining down into the valley of Helm’s Deep as a new day begins.

THE END

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 03:18:02 PM by glimmerrat » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: