Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 15, 2014, 07:51:48 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  Fallout PbP (In Character)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fallout PbP (In Character)  (Read 4109 times)
Bill Whitmore
Mastermind
Control

Woot, I got a new hat! :P

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2010, 08:18:36 PM »

"Yea, the Overseer will need to know.  Our water may be contaminated and he will need to take the necessary steps to protect us.  Come om, Elsie, let's go talk to him.  I wouldn't wish this task on anyone alone."

Don't follow your passion.  Take it with you.

ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!   Ramen.
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2010, 08:21:47 PM »

"The water isn't contaminated," Alice protests.  "Have you smelled this muck?  It comes out of the taps as clean as a radroach is filthy."

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the younger" ca. (4 BC - 65 AD)
Bill Whitmore
Mastermind
Control

Woot, I got a new hat! :P

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2010, 08:51:43 PM »

"I hope you're right, Alice.  I hope you're right."

Don't follow your passion.  Take it with you.

ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!   Ramen.
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: June 07, 2010, 09:14:33 PM »

"Well, once it gets past these filters it still goes through the water purifier.  Remember the hoopla when the control chip broke last year?  Thank goodness we have a few spares."

(click to show/hide)

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2010, 02:03:03 AM »

Debriefing
The Overseers Office, 1930hrs

The Overseer pinches the bridge of his nose with his thumb and forefinger; it is as if he isn’t really surprised to hear what you have to report. He presses a button on his desk and quietly says “Send up the chief.” The chief of security? Are you in trouble? You momentarily object, but the Overseer holds up a hand to silence you. “This Vault is 174 years old - it was originally intended to run for a span of 200 years. I was born here, and up until six months ago there was no doubt in my mind that I would die here too, having never seen the sky.”

For a few seconds he looks right through you with a thousand-yard stare. You’ve never seen him like this. “Vault 46 is failing. The compromised structural integrity that jammed the water filters is a symptom of a much larger problem.” He stands and paces back-and-forth behind his desk, hands clasped behind his back. “We’ve been trying to keep this from the rest of the population, but without construction materials to repair the damage and shore up the Vault, our projections calculate that structural integrity will be fatally compromised inside of a year.”

The chief enters the room – he’s a stocky, heavy-set man with short-cut hair. He exchanges pleasantries with the old man, then walks behind the Overseer’s desk and leans against the wall, arms crossed over his chest. “So you’ve decided?” he says. “These guys?” The Overseer nods gravely. He looks at you all, a leaden expression on his face. “We need cement, sand and steel cable. We want you… we need you to go outside.”

MISSION ENDS

(click to show/hide)

VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2010, 07:01:23 PM »

"Outside!"  Alice's mind whirled as she worked to scrub the filth of the pump room from her body, a task that was hours long so far and nearing the halfway point..  "Mister Gutsies, laser rifles..."  her internal monologue spilled out of her mouth and filled the gym's ladies' shower, "POWER ARMOR!"  Her hand flew to her mouth to try and stifle her fear and excitement over the Overseer's plan to send them OUTSIDE.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: