Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 29, 2014, 03:20:25 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Fantasy Craft
| | |-+  Fantasy Craft Second Printing Q&A Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 152 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fantasy Craft Second Printing Q&A Thread  (Read 124840 times)
mathey
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2010, 07:44:53 AM »

Looks good!

I'll need more time to find all the specifics, but I appreciate the effort you guys put into your stuff.
Doublebond
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2010, 08:45:15 AM »

Pummel has a special application outside combat. The subdual damage from the first ó and only the first ó Pummel action against each character made out of combat in each scene is applied normally, except that the target suffers 1 grade of fatigued per 5 by which he fails this save (see page 211).

I don't understand this second clause of the pummel action. Is this supposed to be for surprise attacks or something?
aegis
Fantasy Craft Playtester
Control

A little dab'll do ya.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2010, 08:49:56 AM »

Yep, now you can stun a Special NPC in one hit with enough damage! The new sap description seems to corroborate this use.
Doublebond
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2010, 08:55:21 AM »

Might I add that I absolutely love what you've done with the Spider Noble feat.
pawsplay
Powered By Publisher
Control

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2010, 10:42:39 AM »

I'm actually less happy with it... I like old school driders who are outcasts of their kind, and Drow Noble is an actual creature in AD&D and Pathfinder. So now there's really nowhere to go for non-spidery nobles.
SilvercatMoonpaw
Control

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2010, 11:09:02 AM »

I don't know where else to ask this:

For the Captain's virtue of command what's the difference between a class ability and a class feature?
Deral
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2010, 11:11:43 AM »

Is there any way we can get a listing of the changes made to PDFs besides the Second Printing- or is it mostly the nifty layers?
Doublebond
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2010, 11:13:11 AM »

Does the FoN's elemental blasts count as natural attacks? It seems to me they would, as it meshes so well with the knockback quality they get.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 11:25:40 AM by Doublebond » Logged
Desertpuma
Control

Highest Level LSpy Agent 16th, almost 17th

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2010, 12:10:32 PM »

The fillable character sheet and Fantasy Craft Iconics have been pulled for a bit. Minions are preparing an updated version of the former, which is required to port over the updated stats for the latter. Also, we'll be adding iconic stat sheets to eliminate the need for referencing the book for character options during demos. There's no immediate ETA but it shouldn't be too long. Stay tuned.

How soon?... I'd like to get cracking on some conversions I had made from older PCs into FC.

Crusader Citadel

Living Spycraft Mastermind Council Member

Crafty For Life!
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2010, 01:39:53 PM »

What happened to Waterroot in the New Leaf feat?

Desertpuma
Control

Highest Level LSpy Agent 16th, almost 17th

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2010, 01:42:03 PM »

I am liking the new changes so far ... Path of Magic is viable without being based around Spell Points... the Iconic parts being removed from Origins is nice too.

Crusader Citadel

Living Spycraft Mastermind Council Member

Crafty For Life!
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2010, 02:12:47 PM »

Will Lore of the Stars be making a return in Sellcraft? Perhaps with the other Lore feats?

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
Antilles
Mastermind
Control

Do I look like a people person?

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2010, 07:33:15 PM »

I don't know where else to ask this:

For the Captain's virtue of command what's the difference between a class ability and a class feature?

See pages 28 and 29. To sum it up, class abilities are the stuff that's listed under Class Abilities on a class writeup, while class features are the other stuff, like saves, vitality, bab, caster level and such.

"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Donít believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2010, 09:43:28 PM »

Just made the downloads and while I haven't had a chance to do a real sit-down, I do like what I see so far. Good work guys, and keep it up!

Looks good!

I'll need more time to find all the specifics, but I appreciate the effort you guys put into your stuff.

I am liking the new changes so far ... Path of Magic is viable without being based around Spell Points... the Iconic parts being removed from Origins is nice too.

Thanks guys! We really appreciate the kind words. Smiley

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is b
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Donít believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2010, 09:43:37 PM »

Thanks! Alex and I spent a couple afternoons going through the Species feats with a fine-toothed comb, folding in comments and answers to your questions and looking for imbalances, but also to try to really dig in and figure out how to improve them across the board. Glad you're liking the result.

I'm actually less happy with it... I like old school driders who are outcasts of their kind,

This is still covered by Spider Nation.

and Drow Noble is an actual creature in AD&D and Pathfinder. So now there's really nowhere to go for non-spidery nobles.

Not sure if I'm understanding your comment here, but wouldn't non-spidery nobles be better covered by other feats anyway?

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is b
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 152 Go Up Print 
« previous next »