Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 23, 2014, 07:17:33 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Fantasy Craft
| | |-+  Fantasy Craft Second Printing Q&A Thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 154 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fantasy Craft Second Printing Q&A Thread  (Read 137434 times)
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Donít believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« on: July 08, 2010, 09:22:52 PM »

As you have probably noticed if you've bought any of our products and signed up for automatic updates, we've released the Fantasy Craft Second Printing PDF and updated pretty much the entire Fantasy Craft library to go with it. Please consider this your home for official questions related to the Second Printing and other updated files.

Here's a handy list of all the files that have been updated...

We've also released an independent guidance and errata file for owners of the First Printing book, which you can find over on our Downloads page.

Here's a couple new features to look for when you crack 'em open...

• PDF layers: All updated PDFs, and all PDFs you'll see from us in the future, will come with full graphics on layers so you can turn covers and page frames off (with one exception: the core book's cover isn't on a layer, for technical reasons too boring to explain). Adventures also feature maps and handouts on separate layers, in case you want to exclude those. To quickly turn page frames on and off, simply click the Crafty dude on the credits page.
  • Stat Sheets: These are new additions to adventures that contain spots where you can fill in scaled stats, along with full descriptions of all abilities, tricks, gear qualities and upgrades, and other features available to each NPC or monster. Simply print, fill in the stats from Table 6.1, and you're ready to play!

The fillable character sheet and Fantasy Craft Iconics have been pulled for a bit. Minions are preparing an updated version of the former, which is required to port over the updated stats for the latter. Also, we'll be adding iconic stat sheets to eliminate the need for referencing the book for character options during demos. There's no immediate ETA but it shouldn't be too long. Stay tuned.

Have fun, and Stay Crafty!
Alex and Pat
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 01:47:19 AM by Crafty_Pat » Logged

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is b
tenebrae
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 01:02:05 AM »

Any chance of a change log for the CtA products, or is that included in the errata document?
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 01:35:05 AM »

Any chance of a change log for the CtA products, or is that included in the errata document?

In three cases the guard weapon upgrade was changed to grip, as guard upgrade doesn't exist anymore (the guard quality remains - just the upgrade's gone), and Remove Curse became Lift Curse in the Monk. Plus the layering upgrade made to each file.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 11:55:43 PM by Crafty_Pat » Logged

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

Agent 333
Control

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 02:29:46 AM »

Pretty hefty round of changes. I think some people in my gaming group are going to find one or more to cry about...

When all your problems are nails, all your tools start looking like hammers.
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 02:36:06 AM »

Pretty hefty round of changes. I think some people in my gaming group are going to find one or more to cry about...

Hopefully you'll also find that on the whole the game runs smoother, faster, and cleaner.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2010, 02:46:34 AM »

I've only read the Errata document [don't have time to download and go through the full book yet] but I've got a question - Undead type no longer lists critical hit immunity, but the path of death has no update.   It would appear that the 4th steps benefit does nothing anymore?

EDIT: Just for the record, I like the vast majority of the changes straight off.  A few will take a minute to digest, but it all looks much better balanced all round.
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2010, 02:54:07 AM »

I've only read the Errata document [don't have time to download and go through the full book yet] but I've got a question - Undead type no longer lists critical hit immunity, but the path of death has no update.   It would appear that the 4th steps benefit does nothing anymore?

There it is! I was wondering if we'd find our first issue before I crashed out for the night. The Step does something, of course, as it still lets you animate the dead, but yes, the first half of the Step is borked. We'll get it fixed. First thing to add to the list for a Second Printing errata doc.

EDIT: Just for the record, I like the vast majority of the changes straight off.  A few will take a minute to digest, but it all looks much better balanced all round.

Thanks!

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2010, 02:56:56 AM »

There it is! I was wondering if we'd find our first issue before I crashed out for the night. The Step does something, of course, as it still lets you animate the dead, but yes, the first half of the Step is borked. We'll get it fixed. First thing to add to the list for a Second Printing errata doc.

Could work if you put in Turn Undead, seems to be about the same power level.  I forgot about the extra animate in that step [my book is with the printed errata in my bag ready to go to a game].

EDIT: A question [more of a confirmation] - all characters, of all sizes, will always do 1d4 + X damage with unarmed attacks?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 03:02:37 AM by Turnip666 » Logged
mach1.9pants
Operative

Supersonic Underwear!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2010, 03:14:53 AM »

I have been out of the loop for a bit, when is the actual 2nd printing available? I click on the 'buy in print'and that website doesn't even list crafty games as one of the options.

Gloria Finis
aegis
Fantasy Craft Playtester
Control

A little dab'll do ya.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2010, 03:41:53 AM »

Hum, I like most of the changes. Some were surprising at first but seem to work just fine. I only have one question. Some qualities now imply that attacks may deal two types of damage (lethal and stress for razor, any and lethal for Achille's Heel). What happened to the "one attack - one damage type" concept, and how does this work now?  Smiley
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2010, 04:09:21 AM »

EDIT: A question [more of a confirmation] - all characters, of all sizes, will always do 1d4 + X damage with unarmed attacks?

With the Unarmed proficiency, and unless another rule says otherwise, yes.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2010, 04:11:44 AM »

I have been out of the loop for a bit, when is the actual 2nd printing available? I click on the 'buy in print'and that website doesn't even list crafty games as one of the options.

That would be because it's still in the pipe. The print book will first turn up at GenCon Indy this year and will street a few weeks later. I'll talk to Studio 2 about maybe getting it set up for pre-orders through their site but even if that doesn't turn out to be possible we should have our online store up and running (relatively) soon and will feature the pre-order there.

Apologies for the confusing state of our site, BTW. We're in transition while we get our store up and running.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2010, 04:16:31 AM »

Hum, I like most of the changes. Some were surprising at first but seem to work just fine. I only have one question. Some qualities now imply that attacks may deal two types of damage (lethal and stress for razor, any and lethal for Achille's Heel). What happened to the "one attack - one damage type" concept, and how does this work now?  Smiley

On occasion you'll see rules that say, "when you inflict this damage type, you also inflict an equal amount of this other type" (or 1/2 as much, or whatever). Each is a separate instance of damage. You can still only inflict 1 type of damage with each instance - it's just that some instances also trigger new instances (sorta like some attacks also trigger free attacks).

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

aegis
Fantasy Craft Playtester
Control

A little dab'll do ya.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2010, 07:23:47 AM »

On occasion you'll see rules that say, "when you inflict this damage type, you also inflict an equal amount of this other type" (or 1/2 as much, or whatever). Each is a separate instance of damage. You can still only inflict 1 type of damage with each instance - it's just that some instances also trigger new instances (sorta like some attacks also trigger free attacks).
Oooh, good to know. Thanks for the fast and clear answer.
blackheart
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2010, 07:34:53 AM »

Just made the downloads and while I haven't had a chance to do a real sit-down, I do like what I see so far. Good work guys, and keep it up!

"How do you carjack a Death Star?"
Gina Diggers, Gold Digger #99
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 154 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: